Complete Noob to Vaping

Thread: Complete Noob to Vaping

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Complete Noob to Vaping

Just wanted to stop in and gather info from people who have been vaping for a while. My wife and I have been vaping for 9 days now. Wife still smokes occasionally, but vapes most the time. She is down to about 5 smokes a day from 1 1/2 packs. I smoked about a pack a day (mainly at work) and I chew at home (for some reason I never smoked at home) I have not had a smoke in 6 days I am having a real hard time getting off the can snuff. I started mixing in some of the fake stuff. It is just as hard to quit it as I feel the need to have something in my gums. Got my stuff from the local smoke shop which sells garbage and I am working on upgrading right now. All they have anywhere around here are the cheap knock off egos for 20 bucks and the CE4's which are ok but I am working on getting something better. I already purchased my first juice online and it seems to be good (Don't have anything to compare it to) Learned the hard way that black licorice will destroy many plastic polycarb tanks. That is a little about why I am vaping and my overall lack of experience. Looking forward to learning.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well you have definitely come to the right place..... you will get an education here. Welcome and congrats.... you're well on your way to a healthier life style!!

New here as well. My journey and your wife's are on the same road. Each day I learn something new while viewing here. Have you tried keeping gum in place of the chew?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm about as new as you guys, and I'm having luck the KangerTech Evod line of clearomizers and batteries. Until the other day I was in the same boat as your wife- pack and a half a day, down to 5 cigarettes. Finally I was able to cut it down to 1 1/2 and then none yesterday. I wish her luck, but for me at least, vaping made the transition relatively smooth.

Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of my stockpile of cigarettes.

...And before that I was a dual user for a year. WTA for the win.
    Join CASAA.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome one and all! Congratulations on the beginning of you vape journeys.

This is the best community for asking questions and getting answers. I encourage you all to explore this forum, it is a vast container of knowledge.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Hi and welcome to ECF. You can find a couple of B & M's over in Columbus if you don't mind the drive. There's Altsmoke at 2460 North High Street, and Buckeye Vapors at 3044 Southwest Blvd. It's nice to go into a shop that sells quality gear where you can touch things and make side by side comparisons.
    Hardware: Tesla, Vamo v3, Silver Bullet @ 3.7v, Omega @ 3.7v, a pile of 3.7v boxmods. I'm a diehard, old school dripper. There aren't many of us left anymore, too bad because that's how you get the cleanest, tastiest vape.

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well I placed an order for 2 kanger pro mini 2's (one for each of us) and 5 kanger t2's with a ten pack of coils. The replacement coils are 1.5 Ohms. Also have a couple ego c twists coming from a reputable member on ebay whom I have spoken to a great deal. the gum thing doesn't work. The fake can stuff is helping. Gonna use my pro tank for the black licorice or anything else that is acidic (I saw a list). I also now know that if you find what you think is a great deal on ebay (10 ce4's for 17 bucks), it probably is garbage. Live and learn .....