How Many Juices ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: How Many Juices ?

Default How Many Juices ?

First off I'd like to say hello to all. I just started vaping a little over a month ago. I've learned a lot, but still have a ways to go. I started with a Halo Triton, and have graduated to a MVP. Love them both. My question is how many juices do you have to go through until you find the holy grail. I've tried about 20 so far and out of those there are only about 4 that I would call my ADV. This madness has got to stop! If I keep trying new flavors this could wind up being more expensive than smoking.
    meanckz likes this.

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Jo View Post
    My question is how many juices do you have to go through until you find the holy grail.
    It can take awhile.

I have 4-5 that I like and use regularly (as evidenced by 40 or so 50ml bottles of them)... and some that really shine in an RDA/RBA, but are only just "good" in a carto tank. One, MBV Solar Flare is pretty good in most anything.

I have one that is a mix of two that I love in most anything, but both the base juices require about 2-3 weeks of aging before they really come into their own.

Keep trying... when you find your "holy grail"... you can give away all the other stuff to new vapists.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It's like kissing frogs and waiting for the prince to emerge. I have probably spent $600+ since March on juices and have about 10 that I buy each month, and some I buy semi-regularly. Not sure how common this is. And like state o' flux said, you can give away or even trade what you don't like. Utilize the swap and pif threads here - it's not a total loss. But, it's also not usually a short journey in finding what flavors work for you. It's more a process of elimination. Also, your tastes will change which only complicates the search. This is one reason why many DIY. Just invest in sample packs or small quantities until you find your juice niche.

Good luck!
    State O' Flux likes this.
    Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is - Albert Camus

Registered Supplier Jonathan Tittle's Avatar

I ran through about 50 flavors before I stopped buying from other vendors and began DIY'ing. Most vendors (not all, please do keep this in mind) seem to blend for a general audience. By that I mean that they seem to add just enough flavor to taste and then back off to prevent their juice from being overpowering to the majority of vapers (this is my experience).

For me, personally, I prefer heavy flavoring. I want my juice to have that "wow" factor upfront. Sadly, not many vendors give me that feeling, so DIY was the only natural step forward. It took me about 20-30 DIY juices to land one that I felt was worthy enough to keep around and now I'm out of those specific flavors (of course!). Waiting on more to come in now so I can re-blend and get back to vaping before I run out of the last 8ml of what I have .
    spaceballsrules likes this.

Blog Entries

If you found 4 that you can use as an ADV, just stop!!! On the serious side, use the 4 flavors you like, put the rest that are so-so on the side. Realize that your taste will likely continue changing for more that one month, your taste buds need time to recover from smoking...

Two months from now, re-try your failed juices, see how you like them then, you may be surprised. But alas there will still be a few that should have been labeled "Eau de Drain Cleaner" from the start...(so use them as such...)
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

PV Master ECF Veteran CommaHolly's Avatar

I have ONE that I vape regularly,,,,,,,,,one.

I have a couple others that I will vape in an emergency,,,,,,,,,,,,,please God, let it never happen.

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

Might I suggest finding a local vape shop that lets you sample? I know that within 20 or so minutes of my location there are at least 7 vape shops that do just that (note: I live in Orange County in CA so I assume we have more than most places). If you can find one near you you will probably save yourself some scratch in the long run and maybe even some time too.

Good luck!
    vincentk18 likes this.

Like they said it takes a while.... I have about 10 different flavours, and out of those I only found 1 that I couldn't vape (but it goes well for mixing) and I'm yet to find anything that will be your go to... Mine now is captain blacks because it has the highest nic and the taste is nice but I wouldn't call it my holy grail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. Sage advice. I'm really going to try and not order any more juice. Vape what I love and finish the rest. Everything just sounds so tempting. Some of the juices ot great reviews, but failed to deliver. I don't think I'll put too much stock in reviews anymore.
    Stosh likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It is so hard. I currently have about 70 different liquids and really there is 1 I might consider an ADV and maybe 4 I just love. I expected to just automatically love so many flavors, but it hasn't worked that way. I think a lot of my problem has been that I have had such high hopes for flavors I get let down when I try them. There have only been a few I truly hate though, so that is a plus!
    flowerpots likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast