• 1 Post By Kerishna
  • 1 Post By Baditude
  • 4 Post By JayEatsAirplane
  • 1 Post By tyancey00
  • 2 Post By madqatter

Thread: Hello There, Just a Couple Quick Questions

Question Hello There, Just a Couple Quick Questions

Hello,
    I have been smoking since I was a teenager, and I think I finally want to make the move over to e-cigs. I have done some research, and I don't really understand any of it. I thought that maybe, if I told ya'll what I smoke now, ya'll could suggest the best e-cig and battery/cartridge/something called a drip or whatever that I should get. I currently smoke around a half a pack - a pack a day of Kool Menthol 100s. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kerishna
    Harleybarbie likes this.

Blog Entries

An ecig consists of a battery to supply power to a juice attachment which contains both the juice and an heating coil to turn the liquid into vapor.

There are three levels of e-cigs: cigalikes, ego-class batteries, and mods (advanced personal vaporizers). The higher up the chain you go, the better the vaping experience.

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder from Ecigs to Ego's and Mods

Good Starter Setup for Beginning Vapor

Is it a carto, a tank, or what? Juice Attachments

Senior Member Verified Member JayEatsAirplane's Avatar

First bit of advice- Don't go searching for something that tastes exactly the same as your current analog. You won't find it. The rest is really a matter of opinion.
    Secondly, no matter what you end up getting, 2 batteries and multiple tanks/cartos/clearo's etc are a must. You don't want downtime with your battery and risk going back to smoking.

MY personal suggestions-
    Evod starter kit. Includes 2 Evod clearomizers, 2 batteries, charger and 5 pack of coil heads.
    Extra Ego spinner style battery, larger size than evod batteries. (1000mah or so)
    MiniProtank 2 (Fit's nicely on the ego batteries compared to the full size ProTank) Uses same coil heads as the evod, which is convenient. Plus, it's a glass clearo so it'll handle all juices without cracking or getting cloudy and is easily taken apart and cleaned thouroughly.

Your choice of liquids.

Congrats on making the switch and welcome to ECF!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to ECF! Watch that video Baditude suggested.

There are lots of different flavors available with Menthol, so many to choose from.

You're on the road to being smoke-free, stick with it!!!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i smoked Menthol for 40+ years. I found it was much easier when i went looking for a different flavor to find one with a kick. Cinnamon will do the trick!! I have been clean for over a year and am now working my way down from the cinnamon... It will give you the Kick you need...
    Harleybarbie likes this.

Hi
    Try something easy and relatively cheap for starters.
    My suggestion is:

Aspire EGO BDC Cartomizer

Revolver Kit

And some e-liquid:

E-Liquid

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerishna View Post
    Hello,
    I have been smoking since I was a teenager, and I think I finally want to make the move over to e-cigs. I have done some research, and I don't really understand any of it. I thought that maybe, if I told ya'll what I smoke now, ya'll could suggest the best e-cig and battery/cartridge/something called a drip or whatever that I should get. I currently smoke around a half a pack - a pack a day of Kool Menthol 100s. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kerishna

Quote Originally Posted by JayEatsAirplane View Post
    First bit of advice- Don't go searching for something that tastes exactly the same as your current analog. You won't find it. The rest is really a matter of opinion.
    Agreed. Don't chase the flavor of burning leaves and paper. Just look for flavor(s) you enjoy. You'll be happier in the long run, and burning leaves & paper will taste awful soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JayEatsAirplane View Post
    Secondly, no matter what you end up getting, 2 batteries and multiple tanks/cartos/clearo's etc are a must. You don't want downtime with your battery and risk going back to smoking.
    Yes. There's a saying here: Backup your backups. Not only must you contend with the times your battery is charging, there's also a chance something will get lost or broken.

Since you're into menthol and may also enjoy flavors such as cinnamon, I would recommend glass clearomizers instead of plastic. Some juice flavors such as cinnamon, wintergreen, clove, and citrus can melt or crack plastic tanks. This is a great starter kit with Mini Protanks, which are glass:
    Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV

9/8/13 Magneto/Sig8W/MVP2
    VGan/PG-Free: ECF members with PG allergies