vivi nova burnt taste - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: vivi nova burnt taste

Senior Member ECF Veteran

My friend there is a little swatch surrounding the coil. take it out. With high voltages it gives burnt taste

Senior Member ECF Veteran

besides top cover has to be screwed finger tight. If you screw it tighter it will press on the silicon tap and liquid can not pass. (This also makes the device leaking)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Greetings Nobreak; I have a ViVi Nova (Mini) that I use as a backup tank, and I get the same dry, burned taste from time to time. I've learned through trial-and-error that it's useful to slosh around the e-liquid between vapes, to keep the wicks covered with e-liquid, and to take a hit without pressing the battery button occasionally, to draw liquid onto the coil. I've seen threads on ECF with other Vivi users talking about these sorts of techniques. Having made my comments, I have to add that i'm a newb, with lots to learn still about best vaping practices.

I recently stumbled across a vendor's website selling aftermarket dual coil replacement heads for the Vivi Nova -- I just ordered a pack. No idea if this will help in terms of the dry, burned taste, but apparently these dual coil heads will produce thicker vapour. Can't wait to try them.

Regards
    Glenn
    nobreak1970 likes this.

Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nobreak1970 View Post
    UPDATE: well come to find out it's a Smoktech Vivi 2.5!!!
    Is this a cheap ripoff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_K View Post
    ... I've learned through trial-and-error that it's useful to slosh around the e-liquid between vapes, to keep the wicks covered with e-liquid, and to take a hit without pressing the battery button occasionally, to draw liquid onto the coil.

I recently stumbled across a vendor's website selling aftermarket dual coil replacement heads for the Vivi Nova -- I just ordered a pack. ....
    I have seen more complaints Re: Smoktech Vivi than others. I have three Vision brand for over a year without issue....YMMV

The best way to ensure wicking is to shorten and fluff up the wicks, raising your PV to take a draw will wet them enough to wick properly.

From what I have read, the dual coil heads are designed to ONLY be used with a Dual Coil Vivi design tank, let us know if they fit the standard Vivi tanks, (I love a good experiment, and how a unit may be modded...)
    Vapoor eyes er and Ryedan like this.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

Could it be the ejuice

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Agree with Stosh. Friends and myself using Vision Vivi Novas for 10+ months and no issues whatsoever. A friend bought a whack of the SmokTech Vivis at a deep discount and HATED them- poor wicking, dry burning. They're now sitting in a drawer.
    Here's the diff between SmokTech and Vision brand heads:

ST-Vivi.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vapoor eyes er View Post
    .....Here's the diff between SmokTech and Vision brand heads:

ST-Vivi.jpg
    The SmokTech heads can be modded, if you remove the silicone cap and use a dremel tool to grind down the top of the head to be the same height as a Vision head. Then just use the silicone cap from an old Vision head on it. The SmokTech heads actually have a slightly larger wick slot and properly modded will work fine.

Realize the Vivi tanks are an extension of the old E2 cartos in a MAP tank (Most AngryPirate). The E2 was a 1mL carto with a top coil and wicks, they needed adjustments to work properly (most vaping gear did back then). If you slotted them and put them in a bigger 3-5mL MAP tank you could load up all day juice, and the wicks were easier to wet down. The Vivi is nothing more than a more elegant makeover of the original mod, as are most gear available today (such as a Protank).
    nobreak1970 likes this.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    The SmokTech heads can be modded, if you remove the silicone cap and use a dremel tool to grind down the top of the head to be the same height as a Vision head. Then just use the silicone cap from an old Vision head on it. The SmokTech heads actually have a slightly larger wick slot and properly modded will work fine.

Realize the Vivi tanks are an extension of the old E2 cartos in a MAP tank (Most AngryPirate). The E2 was a 1mL carto with a top coil and wicks, they needed adjustments to work properly (most vaping gear did back then). If you slotted them and put them in a bigger 3-5mL MAP tank you could load up all day juice, and the wicks were easier to wet down. The Vivi is nothing more than a more elegant makeover of the original mod, as are most gear available today (such as a Protank).
    Friend that has the SmokTech Vivi also had problems with the spring pushing his batt connecter pin down. Gave him a few Vision Vivis for a Bday present...when he opened his gift he wasn't too pleased (maybe that's cuz I relabeled the box "SmokTech) until he filled them and began vaping
    Last edited by Vapoor eyes er; 10-30-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    Ryedan likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by quiter View Post
    it helps to put a couple drops right onto the coil and wait a while before vaping it. Also make sure to keep it relatively full. Most of the time the burnt taste is from it not getting juice. Tipping helps.

agree!!.......keep a nova full at all times!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    From what I have read, the dual coil heads are designed to ONLY be used with a Dual Coil Vivi design tank, let us know if they fit the standard Vivi tanks, (I love a good experiment, and how a unit may be modded...)
    Greetings; I'd put up the link to the item, but don't want to seem like I'm flogging it, and in any event the vendor is Canadian.

I'll follow up after I get these replacement heads on Saturday. The Vivi isn't at the very top of my list of favourite clearos, but I do like it, and a Vivi + more vapour is something I would like a lot.

Regards
    Glenn
    Stosh and nobreak1970 like this.

Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast