New from California
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New from California

Default New from California

Hi there, great Forum. I'm new to vaping, and getting headaches from information overload (so many choices). I am hoping to find a cigalike style delivery system, and say goodbye to analogs forever.

Does anyone have an answer why in California, apparently we cannot order non-tobacco flavors from certain cigalike companies online, but they are available in M&B stores? Are there any cigalike online companies that WILL ship non-tobacco flavored carts to California? Is is possible to order non-tobacco flavors of just e juice (not cartomizers) online, and have it delivered to California? Can't seem to find the answer to this. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    SoCalMichelle likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hello and Welcome to ECF. Someone should be along shortly to help you. Good luck and Happy Vaping!!

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

Consider skipping the cig-alikes and going to an Ego-style set-up right away.....you will eventually anyway (trust me), and sooner than later. Then you can enjoy vaping all day on a battery, and filling your own cartridges with any of hundreds of flavors, for a lot less money.

Welcome!

Oh, California is on a flavor ban rampage, so most of the big companies (cig-alikes, some big tobacco owned) are in pre-compliance

Another reason to skip the cig-alike pre-filled carts and go to heads you can fill yourself

Moved On

I would invest in a refillable pen, maybe an ego to start with? You can purchase your own juice online, or make your juice in bulk. Making it saves ALOT of money on your end and is highly recommended.
    meanckz likes this.

Thanks for your responses, makes sense. Any suggestions on e Go brands, or online e juices?

Quote Originally Posted by NDaystar View Post
    Thanks for your responses, makes sense. Any suggestions on e Go brands, or online e juices?
    Ego really just describes the size and threads of a common battery type. Kanger (EVOD), Joyetech, Smoke, Vision, and others (even non-brands) make their own versions, but most important: they are all interchangeable.

I like to recommend the USB pass-through style batteries in 1000-1100mAh size. That way they last all day, and if for some reason they get low on charge you can continue to vape them when plugged into any USB outlet.....so you won't get caught jonesing for a nicotine fix with a dead battery. I prefer Kanger EVODs, and Smok Tech, but they all work the same (mostly).

Any Ego or 510 threaded head will work on a Ego-style battery. I prefer a bottom-coil clearomizer for its simplicity and ease of maintenance. The Kanger EVOD clearomizer is my favorite, but there are several good ones. Some flavors (cinnamon, spicy, citrus, tobaccos, etc) will crack polycarbonate tanks, like the EVOD, so you should also consider a glass tank, like the Pyrex Kanger ProTank and its variants. They can be heavy because of their glass/metal construction, and they are a little more expensive....but they last nearly forever and most are rebuildable.

I'd recommend a Kanger Mini ProTank II, and a Kanger EVOD on top of a USB pass-through battery.

There are LOTS of good online liquid sellers, like Mt Baker Vapor, EC Blends, Halo, etc, etc. You'll need to experiment with different ratios of PG/VG to see what you like.

It's a journey! Enjoy it
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

There are many choices, but not all stick batteries are created the same, and it's fairly important that you stick with name brands in this category and battery regulation varies by device, and that can affect the vape in several ways. Here's my two cents on stick batteries:

Stick Batteries, known as eGo Style Batteries (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary):

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-V...rl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
    2. SLB KGO VV - http://www.hoosierecig.com/Mega-KGO-...6v-_p_441.html (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
    3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
    4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
    5. Smoktech Winder - Smok eGo Winder 900mAh Variable Volt Battery (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Best Starter Combo kit out there, imho, provides two batteries, i.e., the twist and/or spinner, and two toppers, i.e., the eVod and/or MT3s, among others: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_S...bo_p/vvs-c.htm.

Recommend one eVod and one MT3s topper with one Spinner and one Twist to start. This way you get four different products with the kit and allowing you to experience four different setups, as you figure out your preferences and what works best for you. Alternatively, the Spinners with evods has been a popular choice with many vapers this year. Or finally, two iTaste 3.0's with Protanks II's would be perhaps the best vape in this category available, imho. BTW, you can spend less and get a fixed voltage battery, but you'll have much less vape flexibility and it won't be long before you'll want to upgrade to variable voltage, more than likely, and the difference initially is only a few dollars per battery anyway.

Welcome to the Forum. Good luck in your GearQuest!
    meanckz and Kaisen like this.
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

While I agree with Bill's, I'd point out that none of those batteries are pass-through....meaning that when the battery gets low/dead, you need to unscrew the head and plug them in to charge = no vape.

Two batteries are a must, but it's not always possible to carry two with you when you go out. So I'd still recommend a USB pass-through and if you can afford a second battery, a variable-voltage like Bill's suggests is perfect. The iTaste vv 3.0 is awesome, but unique in size/shape. Some like it, some don't. Personally, I think variable voltage is overrated and can throw a newbie off-track with too much to manage. Just my opinion.

But what do I know? Many new vapers are on to giant mechs, rewicking, and building their own sub-ohm coils as a "hobby" within a few weeks of starting.

Whatever works for you!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Regarding juices, there are several good strategies. Finding good juices is harder than finding good gear, imho, as tastes are just so subjective, so recommendations don't really translate too well. What I've found helps is:

1. Sampler packs. Some very good vendors out there with sampler packs. I found MyFreedomSmokes had several good packs and I did find a vape or two that I liked right off the bat, TG.
    2. Juice Bars. Go to the nearest Vape Shop in your area and try out their juice bar for flavors. At the least, you can usually narrow down categories of juices to try such as fruits or tobaccos or pastries, etc.
    3. DIY. Eventually, I found that I could make better juice than I could buy as I could keep adjusting the flavor to suit my own preferences. That being said, I still had to buy juices, and still do, to narrow down the categories and flavors, to even start to figure out what I might like to make in DIY.

Good luck in your JuiceQuest! Welcome to the Forum and all the best!
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast