Smoktech
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By State O' Flux
  • 1 Post By nobreak1970
  • 1 Post By Vapoor eyes er

Thread: Smoktech

Default Smoktech

Question: Is the Smoktech vivi nova 2.5 a cheap rip of the Vision vivi nova 2.5?

Don't know which is the original. I've tried both and the atomizer heads are different from each other. Personally, I like the vision better - the smoketech one I had leaked a little bit - but then again, might just be bad look. These things are far from perfect and sometimes you get a faulty unit.

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nobreak1970 View Post
    Question: Is the Smoktech vivi nova 2.5 a cheap rip of the Vision vivi nova 2.5?
    It is a clone... like 97% (there are a few exceptions) of the stuff that comes from China... clones of frequently superior - and popular devices. About the only genuinely innovative and original devices come from Joyetech, Kanger, Innokin, Vision and to a lesser degree, Kamry... and even they've "borrowed" from ideas and designs that came before. Smok may have some originals... but at this point, it's hard to say what is "original" anymore.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I had 2 smok vivis and they were both very poor. One of them (with the installed head) shorted and killed my battery.

A year later, I bought an ARO, having forgiven the last "episode". It leaked and was a very poor vape.

and yet....they make some excellent products too.

Bad experience overall so I returned it and got a Smok Carto-Tank setup.
    Smoktech got it right with the cartos.
    Rocketpunk likes this.

PV Master Verified Member Mark Anthony's Avatar

I have 1 Smok Vivi Nova and haven't had too much trouble.... an occasional gurgle but it clears itself up after a few vapes.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

About the only genuinely innovative and original devices come from Joyetech, Kanger, Innokin, Vision and to a lesser degree, Kamry...
    Actually all Joyetech products are copies of the originals designed by Ovale and Janty.
    Been using the Vision Vivi Nova for 10+ months and no issues. Friend bought a bunch of SmokTech Vivis and nothing but problems.
    Vision- LOVE some of their products and HATE others. SmokTech- LOVE their batteries and cartos but HATE their Vivi Novas. Not loyal to any brand but just try to pick out the best.