new set up, not impressed! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: new set up, not impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by xtwosm0kesx View Post
    The guy at my local shop (they only sell Efests obv) tried to tell me "In all the tests the Efest's outperformed the AW's", i just nodded my head rather than saying 'well my tests disagree'.
    i laughed when i read that, i would not trust that store at all,

your mech mod will only be as good as your batteries are! im not a big fan of the smaller batteries i feel like a high drain 18650 work the best, i have aw and the sony 30a batteries and the work fantastic with my mech mod.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slenderman View Post
    I think I will have to try different batterie, hope it helps.
    As for cartos I'm stumped I've tried 3 new ones, each one saying low on the wrapping yet showing 2.2 and two at 2.3 ohms.
    I don't see that your batts would have that much of an impact when freshly charged. Realize your Mech Mod fires at 3.7 volts and anything above 2.0 ohms really weakens the vape. I run a non profit vape prog and we issue Kgo 3.7 volt PVs along with the SmokTech XL 1.7 ohms single coil ohms cartos.

Like Bad I'm not a fan of the Efests. AW, Panasonic or MNKE are my choices. I have the Pannys cuz they were on sale- 2 X 2250 mah for $10 delivery included. Actually own 10 of them
    Last edited by Vapoor eyes er; 10-30-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran mooreted's Avatar

I like my Panasonic high drain batteries
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xtwosm0kesx View Post
    Dont get me wrong the efests are fine, but the AWs perform better/last longer for me.
    My experience:

I've ALWAYS used AW IMRs in both me regulated and mechanical mods. When buying a charger and batteries for my daughter's first mod setup, I decided to try some Efests for the heck of it. I got two 14500 IMR Efests for her and two 18350 IMR Efests for my Mini Provari.

For the first couple of weeks, I noticed no difference between the Efests and AW's in a rotation. But then after that I noticed a sharp decrease in battery time, almost by half with the Efests. Around the same time, my daughter asked why her batteries were only lasting a couple of hours, when they lasted 4 - 5 hours when new.

I had her give me her Efests and I gave her my AW's I was using in my 14500 mod. The Efests are all now in a drawer.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

While I agree that I prefer AW batts over efest in the long run, I highly doubt your dislike of your new setup is being caused by the efest battery if your not happy with it with a freshly charged new battery.

How does the carto your using on your new mod perform on your 3.2 volt Ego ? or your vamo set to 3.7 volts ?

Personally I find any carto over 2 ohm to be too high to use on my mechanicals. I much prefer 1.5- 1.7 ohm cartos or 510 attys.

To be honest I put the so called low res carto on the ego and vaped away no problem, didnt even charge the ego!
    Switch back to mod and hardly anything.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by slenderman View Post
    To be honest I put the so called low res carto on the ego and vaped away no problem, didnt even charge the ego!
    Switch back to mod and hardly anything.
    It's probably the switch in the Sigelei #20, they have been a problem since they came out, most vendors just pulled them and stopped selling them.
    Smoke Free Since September 9, 2009

Hi slenderman
    I am somewhat of a newb so big grain so salt here.

I use the VAMO with an EVOD 2.5 ohm clearomizer. (not sure of how a clearomizer differs form a carto) . I also have an ECO 650 battery.
    My Vamo set up works great, as does the 650 battery, vapor production is the same. The 650 does not last near as long .

fwiw my KTS in 350 mode with 2.0 ohm carto does a pretty nice job and hits harder than my eGo Mini + eVOD 1.8 ohm.

Juice Maker Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

What they said^^^^. Low resistance 510 Boges are 2.0 Ohms and vary from 1.9 to 2.1. Your reading is definitely high. I only use AW, MNKE and Panny IMR's too. I have an eFest charging bag....Probably not the battery though if new fully charged, probably the carto. 3.7 volts at 2.2 Ohms is only 6.2 Watts, or a little low for me. I'm usually between 6.5 and 7.5 on the Watts, and many juices will have their sweet spot in that range. I think you need a lower resistance carto for sure. Also, your vape shop is not very knowledgeable. Good luck!
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12