Anyone else using "wick-less" clearomizers? I really like them - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Anyone else using "wick-less" clearomizers? I really like them

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toddrhodes View Post
    I recently discovered wick-less clearomizers where the "wick" is just cotton in the center tube of the clearo.
    Hmmm... never used, or even held in my hand, a CE5. So - it's a small cartomizer in a small tank... and they're calling it wickless. More like a "disposable" carto tank, IMO.

Seems reasonable, unless you're someone who vapes 12 or more ml a day - then a real carto tank, with a $25 investment in a IBT tank, and real cartos running a buck ten a pop and lasting 5-10 days (for me, not so much for Bill, 'eh Bill? )... makes more sense over the long term.

I suppose, on an eGo battery, the combination would be more attractive overall than a 15mm or larger carto tank.

Quote Originally Posted by rangle
    i'm ordering the new i30s which is a update on the i30 I love the i30 that gives a great vape
    The 30s isn't really functionally different from the 30... the tube protects the wicks from damage by the user, and certainly looks more attractive, especially to first timers who think all them wicks hanging down look, ah... weird.
    The best bit, to me at least, is the ability to fit your own drip tip. SS in the winter time... I hate it when your drip tip ices over.

Super Member Verified Member

I have read, not tried them, that the iclear30s has a much bigger air hole than the 'old' iclear30 and thus provides a more airy draw. I like my draw a little tighter, so have not bothered to try the new one. Again, that was based on a review I read here.

ECF Veteran

Yea, I'm only vaping 2-3 ml a day across multiple flavors (so, multiple tanks of course) and with 24 mg nic, I'd likely kill myself if I did 12 ml in a day I appreciate the input, it all makes sense to me. I have a Vamo and an Innoken MVP V2 on the way so I may try out some of your other suggestions in due time.
    State O' Flux likes this.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvaps View Post
    I have read, not tried them, that the iclear30s has a much bigger air hole than the 'old' iclear30 and thus provides a more airy draw. I like my draw a little tighter, so have not bothered to try the new one. Again, that was based on a review I read here.
    True... in fact, every iClear 30 I own I've already drilled out the 510 shaft, side air holes. As stock, they are tight, but easily corrected.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Yea, I'm only vaping 2-3 ml a day across multiple flavors (so, multiple tanks of course) and with 24 mg nic, I'd likely kill myself if I did 12 ml in a day I appreciate the input, it all makes sense to me. I have a Vamo and an Innoken MVP V2 on the way so I may try out some of your other suggestions in due time.
    So many ways to enjoy vaping... so little time.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by State O' Flux View Post
    So many ways to enjoy vaping... so little time.
    I'm lucky I suppose in the sense that I got my COO hooked on vaping back when I started originally and since he continues to do so (went from a pack a day to 0 mg nic liquid now!), there is absolutely no problem with vaping at work
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

sounds interesting....may have to give them a try. Although I do like my Evods and T3s
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.

Unregistered Supplier

If you like the wickless CE5, you may want to try a tank attomizer or atty. I found it to be a natural progression for myself.

Full Member Verified Member

I prefer the bottom coil now, it suits my tastes better and I find it a simpler set up than the long wick top coils.

Juice Maker Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Bill! The short wicks I tried were at the top of the clearomizer, not the bottom. They were truly awful, unless you wanted to vape while staring at the ceiling. The wick-less clearos, so far, have never dry-hit on me, they have a perfectly acceptable (at least to me) amount of vapor and, having had the same flavor (albeit quite awhile ago) through both types, the wick-less are at least as good and, honestly seem to have more flavor to me. Like i said, could just be placebo but so far I have not found a downside to them. I was just curious if anyone else who uses them noticed the same things as I, or anything different. The last time I took up vaping to quit smoking I basically did so without doing much research or learning, just kinda learned on my own. Unfortunately when I hit a little adversity, rather than reach out for help I just went back to analogs. I'm trying to remedy that part this time
    Yeah, top coils do require that the wicks be saturated by inverting the clearo from time to time before you vape. This type of wick is then known to be "position dependent," meaning that we have to twirl and invert to keep the wicks saturated. For many, this is not an issue. I thought it was a pita and switched to cartos, because you will get a dry/burnt hit when you forget to twirl or invert. I know a great many people though that use vivi nova's and T2's, seemingly never forget their position dependence requirements, and swear by them. Indeed it is a different strokes kinda thing. Personally, I have preferred bottom coils for a long time over top coils, but YMMV.
    meanckz likes this.
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast