Protank 2 Microcoil Vapor Issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Protank 2 Microcoil Vapor Issues

Yeah 32 did not work out well.
    Have you guys actually tried microcoiling a protank2?

I do understand the resistance between wires but if other people can be successful using 28 why cant i?

I mean everything seems to be good except the vapor production.
    The draw is not too tight.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Nothing so much is wrong with 28ga persay, just the limited space you have inside the cup of the head is very small, and as stated before it takes a bit for it to reach top temperature, most regulated devices, auto-power cut off is about 10 seconds so you want top temp as fast as possible. I do recoil and rewick Kanger style heads on several types of tanks, Protank 1, Protank 2, T3, T3S, Evod, Hypertank (G50 Tank Clone). I guess without knowing what you are really expecting out of your tank's performance, all I can do is give pointers as to what has worked for me. If a standard micro-coil is not doing what you expect, mayber try this here with a vertical micro-coil configuration I am using in my Hypertank at present, has to be built according to or close to the specs listed though http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ank-heads.html.

Another configuration you could try is a nano-coil with 30 or 28ga wire at the lowest ohm your Zmax can handle, probably around 1.3 to 1.5 ohms, which currently my Protank1 I am using a 1.15ohm nano-coil with 30ga on a mech mod that can produce a heck of a cloud of vapor, and a 2.0 nano-coil with 32ga on several T3S tanks on my MVP, SVD, and iTaste VV V3 that give stupendous vapor output. However, I am not trying to chase clouds only, I am looking for nic delivery, taste, a build that doesn't leak, gurgle, or flood, throat hit second to last, and vapor dead last. Each build I have done recently has its strengths and weaknesses, but compared to my RDAs on a mech mod, no clearomizer or glassomizer can chuck clouds like a modified Igo-L, Smoktech Octopus, even a higher end Trident RDA can due to several factors, as I said one of the big ones being air-flow, you are kind of limited in what you can modify in airflow on a Kanger style BCC tank. Though my protank1 current nano-coil build is up in competition, only modification on it is in the coil and wick in a horizontal configuration, and again it is very low ohm on a mech, and as it is chain vaped and warms up, performance increases and increases, but still can't do the same clouds an RDA on a mech can do.

Some things to look at if you PT2 is just giving a puff and fart of a vapor cloud, check your coil config, are the legs pulled tight and snug, are the wraps tight and together, how much friction resistance in your cotton wick, just enough to hold onto the inside of the coil loosely or did you pull it in tight, if the later, make it more loose, you are choking your juice flow to much, maybe even try some loose wick on top of the coil. Without seeing what your coils are doing, and how they are performing in person, I am throwing guesses. Still not happy with everything you are doing and not getting the output you are expecting, look at a mech and RDA then.

Super Member Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by waterjuice View Post
    Yeah 32 did not work out well.
    Have you guys actually tried microcoiling a protank2?
    I have microcoiled all my protanks, minis, and evods using 30awg kanthal and p&c cotton yarn - works like a dream. 9 wrap meters out to 2 ohms, thread the wick, drop or two of juice to prime said wick, then fill her up, let her sit for 5-10 minutes, and BLAST OFF.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TastyKakes View Post
    I have microcoiled all my protanks, minis, and evods using 30awg kanthal and p&c cotton yarn - works like a dream. 9 wrap meters out to 2 ohms, thread the wick, drop or two of juice to prime said wick, then fill her up, let her sit for 5-10 minutes, and BLAST OFF.
    What is your ID of the coil? Using a 5/64 drill bit or something of similar diameter?
    I'm using a 1/16" bit so it's slightly smaller....get 2 ohm at 10 wraps. Just curious.

Waterjuice, i know the juice you use can make a huge diff on the clouds of vape you blow. Max VG for max clouds is what I'm finding out. Also the way you hit/drag will make a diff too. Drag very slow after a few puffs to make sure your coil is nice and warmed up. Sounds like your doing everything else like a pro. I rewarap pt2's with cotton wicks. 30 gage, 1-1.5 ohms at 8-10 watts, 100% VG in the pt2, gets me huge clouds the ones it sounds like your looking for.

Super Member Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor7617 View Post
    What is your ID of the coil? Using a 5/64 drill bit or something of similar diameter?
    I'm using a 1/16" bit so it's slightly smaller....get 2 ohm at 10 wraps. Just curious.
    I use 1/16 as well... must've forgotten to undo that first wrap of the coil. I usually do a 10 wrap, that undo the first go around because its never as tight or uniform as the rest.
    You're correct though, 9 wrap usually gives me around 1.8.

I usually use 40/60 or 50/50 and I have tried 100%vg. And I do warm up my coils before I hit it
    Tried slow drags regular drags
    Nothing seems to get the results I want and I seem to be correct on everything
    I changed wick size big small medium, and made SURE all coils touched very evenly

Quote Originally Posted by TastyKakes View Post
    I use 1/16 as well... must've forgotten to undo that first wrap of the coil. I usually do a 10 wrap, that undo the first go around because its never as tight or uniform as the rest.
    You're correct though, 9 wrap usually gives me around 1.8.
    I use 28GA Kanthal A1 btw. 12 wraps 1.8 ohms. Does that sound correct? with a 5/64 drill bit

PV Master Verified Member
    Supporting Member

did you saturate your wick and see if the build was producing vapor before total assembly? Is the coil firing up? To thick of cotton will cause wicking issues, choking of the juice, to thin and can't wick enough.
    P.S.: the cat bites!
    and the chinchilla too!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast