Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: What Halo E Juice flavor and strength taste just like a Marlbo Light?

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I diy my juices and in my quest to find a juice that tastes like tobacco, I found only one. (TFA) Tobacco flavoring. (Light brand was ok too, though weak)
    All others were too sweet, pungent, or tasted like caramel.
    It surprised me to find the (TFA) Tobacco flavor unsatisfying even though I liked the flavor. I finally realized that cigarettes actually don't taste good and have a bad aftertaste that I'd learned to associate with the satisfaction of nicotine. I added a Hint of Captain Black to give my recipe a slightly unpleasant aftertaste and It did the trick, satisfaction achieved, especially after meals or with coffee. I've become accustomed to unpleasant aftertaste and don't notice it anymore.
    Every says or will say you won't find one that taste like tobacco, Not True. You won't find one that tastes like tobacco that is pleasant tasting.
    Just a heads up.
    Utew likes this.

Super Member Supporting Member SnowDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slickrick4108 View Post
    I am getting a Halo g6 for my mother, and I want this to work! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    In my opinion if you want it to work she is going to have to like vaping better than smoking. In other words, it has to taste better than a Marlboro Light. Not the same. About the only thing keeping me off analogs is the fact that the flavors I vape taste MUCH better than the Marlboro Reds I used to smoke. If they tasted the same I would probably fail at this and go back to smoking.

I agree with those who mentioned that nothing will taste like an analog cigarette. Some might remind her of an analog but none will be quite the same. Help her to be patient. She'll be lucky if she likes the first flavor she tries.

Having said that, I'll second the recommendations for Halo products. They have some very good tobacco based flavors. I recommend a Halo Tobacco sampler so she can try several varieties.

Good luck and welcome!
    Utew likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Here you go, I just ordered 6 samples to try. Looks like a great site, can pick your own vg/pg ratio too.

Single Varietal Extractions

JGG Proto,GGTS, GGTB , Stealth, JGG, Caravela, Polidiac #6, GUS Lord #78, Ti Prometey L.E. #1, Prometey 1, Prometey 2 #1, 17, Achilles #1, Gryphon,Hydra 2, DID, Mini DID, ZAU, ZAG, Hellfire, Iatty, UFS V1, Odysseus, Penelope, Nahual #16, Bliss, Nahual Proto Genisis ,Kato Hammer #536,

Torque56 would be the closest one could get; the room aroma is very cigarette like.

You might also add Tribeca with the order, since some have found the sweetness helps them quit more than an actual analog flavor.

HALO has been using Tribeca in their new single packs of ecigs for retail outlets.
    Utew likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Grimwald's Avatar

This is my opinion...and I'm sticking to it.

I was a 40 year smoker sometimes over 3 packs a day. My taste buds and sense of smell were completely shot and I don't think I tasted anything for the last couple of decades. As I got into ecigs and my sense of taste and smell returned, everything changed. I could taste food, spices, and distinguish different blends of coffee...everything changed.

I had a lot of problems finding a good liquid...that is until I realized that I had not tasted my cigarettes for, well, years. I was just smoking for the nicotine...not for the flavor. That's when I started using unflavored liquid. I'm no longer chasing that elusive cigarette/tobacco flavor, or any flavor for that matter, but it seems to me that the unflavored is the closest thing I have found to what I vaguely remember as smoking.
    tj99959 and merica like this.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Grimwald View Post
    This is my opinion...and I'm sticking to it.

I was a 40 year smoker sometimes over 3 packs a day. My taste buds and sense of smell were completely shot and I don't think I tasted anything for the last couple of decades. As I got into ecigs and my sense of taste and smell returned, everything changed. I could taste food, spices, and distinguish different blends of coffee...everything changed.

I had a lot of problems finding a good liquid...that is until I realized that I had not tasted my cigarettes for, well, years. I was just smoking for the nicotine...not for the flavor. That's when I started using unflavored liquid. I'm no longer chasing that elusive cigarette/tobacco flavor, or any flavor for that matter, but it seems to me that the unflavored is the closest thing I have found to what I vaguely remember as smoking.
    ^ What he said

Except, nicotine has a flavor all it's own ..... therefor it is also a flavoring.
    Last edited by tj99959; 10-31-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

I went with your advice! Thanks so much! I want her to quit!!! Lets cross are fingers

Relitivly new vaper here,about 12 weeks. Why would you want somthing that tastes like the stinky thing you are trying to give up? I smoked ciggs for about 36 years almost all marlboro red. Now I keep 3 batterys and 6 tanks rotating a variety of flavors. If i stopped buing juice today I could probably vape a few moths before I got low. I had my first marlboro since I started vaping a while ago. BORING TASTLESS DRY AND UNSATIFYING are how I would describe it. Pick a vendor and try some varity to life. Dont wast money on tiny bottles get 15 ml or more. I cant belive how good vaping got once I stoped tring to duplicate smoking. REPLACE SMOKING!!! ITS BETTER!!!
    merica likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12