descriptions of various devices
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Vapoor eyes er
  • 1 Post By Moedog

Thread: descriptions of various devices

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default descriptions of various devices

I'm not a newbe, in fact I've been an avid vaper for three years, but I just can't get my brain around what constitutes the various devices. I know what a mechanical is (I have two) and I know what a vv and vw is (I'm getting one as soon as I get the cash), but what is an ego and what is a evod? My go to device right now, A Majestic from Madvapes, is the best I've used yet, but I have no idea what kind of device it is. Can someone help?

Full Member Verified Member

eGo is a name brand basically, I'm pretty sure that is what Evod is too. 2 of my 3 batteries are eGo's. One is just a single voltage and the other is a variable. I like the eGo and I hear others say they like the Evod so either is probably a good choice.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Hi and welcome to ECF and congrats on 3 yrs
    but what is an ego
    eGo is a class/ style of PV and fire anywhere from 3.3- 4.8 volts Several makes:
    Set voltage (3.3 or 3.7 volts)
    JoyeTech
    SLB/ Kgo/ Riva
    Kanger
    Then there's the slightly larger eGo class VV (fires from 3.3- 4.8 volts)
    Twist
    Spinner
    Winder
    Also Innokin has a VV/ VW that's more powerful than the above but slightly smaller.

what is a evod
    It's a bottom coil clearomizer. Many times it's included in a kit with the Kanger battery and called "Kanger Evod Kit".

A Majestic from Madvapes, is the best I've used yet, but I have no idea what kind of device it is.
    It has the Winder VV batts (see above) and an Aro clearomizer.
    Last edited by Vapoor eyes er; 10-31-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    DetraMental and Ryedan like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ego is simply a battery type. Looks like that's what comes with the Majestic kit at MadVapes. Anything of that style and using the outside threading is considered ego style.
    Evod is a specific clearomizer made by Kanger. The same Majestic kit I looked at comes with an ARO from SmokTech, which is actually pretty similar to the Evod, but I believe the tank is made from pyrex instead of plastic.

Not sure if that fully answers your question, but I hope it helps!
    Last edited by JayEatsAirplane; 10-31-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

eGos are a battery type. Generally it is a battery or battery compartment (to be more precise) in which the lithium battery is not replaceable or at least not user friendly to replace. There are regular, VV (and possiblly VW), and passthough eGo battery types. Passthrough eGo batteries let you charge and vape at the same time.

Obsessive Vapers ECF Group:
    http://goo.gl/0PJSEJ
    Greensboro Vaping and Smoking Cessation Support (GVSCS): http://goo.gl/orJ2Kl

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the replies. Jay, I had pretty much concluded my Majestic was an ego. Again, can't get over the great vapor it produces, but I'm going for a Zmax or a Provari next, can't decide. Then, of course, there is the question of which tank, lol.
    JayEatsAirplane likes this.