SMOKTech SID -- Issues?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SMOKTech SID -- Issues??

Quote Originally Posted by efinch View Post
    Just a shot in the dark, are you using a kanger clearomizer or tank or any bottom coil. If so check the atomizer head near the rubber grommet to make sure no wire from the legs are sticking out. If so push it back under the rubber or clip it off. This usually causes a short as the wire makes contact with the base of the tank. If your not using any of these ignore what I've just said lol :-)
    I wasn't using a kanger on it, BUT I checked out all my heads that I had used on it and all of them had a little piece of the coil wire sticking out from the bottom. I tucked it back in and haven't had an issue since thanks again for the heads up

Moved On Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by brittany29 View Post
    smoktech is a cheap china brand...im sure they only go with that supplier...um go ahead and checkout vaporlovers.com and after that possibly vaporpassion they use different suppliers and try out there product therefore a better outcome, this might work better for you.
    Seriously? Cheap China brand?? All the items on Vaporlovers.com seem to be cheap Chinese copies of "cheap China brands." Its pretty annoying when opportunistic retailers start telling customers that all other products are cheap trinkets from China when in turn all the stock they carry are from the same place.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

lol -- my CCB - er I mean my SID has been 99% flawless since I bought in August. Only an occasional misfire here or there, nothing that can't be remedied by pressing the firing button again...

Only problem I have had with my SID if the wattage likes to change on me. I am sure this is operator error but it does get annoying. I have only had it a week or so. I am sure I will get used to it and this problem will go away. Would be nice if I was able to lock in the watts.

i been using my sid for about a month, i only started having this issue when i build my own nano coil on the pro tank. however its not the sid acting out on my case its just the way i build my nano coil, as soon as i go back and fix it i have no issue. so all i can say is that the sid seems to work just fine for me.

Has anyone had a problem with the white ring on the bottom-side of the head moving flush with the center brass pin? (Or the center brass pin falling flush with the ring?). Also, on another SID, the voltage keeps resetting. Annoying!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrCobble View Post
    Has anyone had a problem with the white ring on the bottom-side of the head moving flush with the center brass pin? (Or the center brass pin falling flush with the ring?). Also, on another SID, the voltage keeps resetting. Annoying!!!!

Yes I have had the same issue. In fact, this issue has caused my SID to stop working all together after only 3 days of use. My wife's SID (which was purchased at the same time from the same vendor) has the bottom pin sticking out about 1/16" from the white plastic ring, and her's works flawlessly. I noticed the difference right away as my unit came with the pin flush against the white ring, and it never worked correctly and the functionality fell off with each day of use.

I think its a manufacturer's defect. I requested an RMA from the site I purchased it from so I can exchange it for a new one. Hopefully it all goes well. Will keep everyone informed.
    mrsheathercastro likes this.

Default Sid issues twice

I purchased a Sid at a vape shop, I had nothing but problems
    with it, after a few days they told me the center pin was pushed down by screwing my atomizers in too tight. Then it would not turn on when I pushed the button to vape. After returning to the shop they kindly exchanged it for an MVP. At christmas I saw a great sale on the Sid and decided to give the device another shot since everyone loves theirs and now this one is worse. The shop I bought the original one from told me they are seeing lots of people having problems. I need help!

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Dragon View Post
    So, I'm relatively new to vaping (about 5 months). I recently purchased a SMOKTech SID. It has been working great, except every now and again, the screen will read "short" and will not fire. Is this a common problem with this mod? And, if so, how is this prevented if it's something I'm doing?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCobble View Post
    Yes it happened to mine too. I took a knife and pried it back out and it's been working great ever since. Even stopped it from bouncing around the wattage mode. Mines about 4 months old. My batteries fit pretty snug and I think that was part of the problem

Make sure you load your battery from the bottom. I always used to unscrew it from right under the head to replace the battery because it was easier to push the tube into place instead of the cap. I think this puts extra stain on the brass contact pin under the head and causes problems. I also carefully drilled a small hole in the white plastic ring around the brass contact under the head and sprayed some electrical contact/circuit cleaner in the head after I pried the brass pin back out and it's been working great. It got to the point where it was constantly changing wattage and then wouldn't fire unless I pressed the fire button really hard, then I saw how the brass contact pin was barely sticking out past the white plastic. I was ready to throw it away but now it works better than new

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast