SMOKTech SID -- Issues??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SMOKTech SID -- Issues??

Default SMOKTech SID -- Issues??

So, I'm relatively new to vaping (about 5 months). I recently purchased a SMOKTech SID. It has been working great, except every now and again, the screen will read "short" and will not fire. Is this a common problem with this mod? And, if so, how is this prevented if it's something I'm doing?

I have had mine for a few weeks and searched these forums extensively before the purchase and I have neither had that problem, nor read anything that would lead me to believe it was a common problem. Have you tried a different battery, maybe?

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

Well I'm using Efest IMR18650's. I have 2 of them and it happens using either battery. I mean, it's definitely not a big problem it happens maybe 2 times out of 100 so. I was just wondering if I received a defective mod.

Blog Entries

Regulated mods have built-in protection circuitry within their processors. If the protection circuit detects a short somewhere in the electrical chain from the battery to the coil in the juice device, it will refuse to fire and display an error code.

The trick is to find where the short is. It more than likely is the coil in your juice attachment, but it could be anywhere from the battery, the fire switch, the top connector pin, to the atomizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Regulated mods have built-in protection circuitry within their processors. If the protection circuit detects a short somewhere in the electrical chain from the battery to the coil in the juice device, it will refuse to fire and display an error code.

The trick is to find where the short is. It more than likely is the coil in your juice attachment, but it could be anywhere from the battery, the fire switch, the top connector pin, to the atomizer.
    Could it possibly be a bad control head?

smoktech is a cheap china brand...im sure they only go with that supplier...um go ahead and checkout vaporlovers.com and after that possibly vaporpassion they use different suppliers and try out there product therefore a better outcome, this might work better for you.

Just a shot in the dark, are you using a kanger clearomizer or tank or any bottom coil. If so check the atomizer head near the rubber grommet to make sure no wire from the legs are sticking out. If so push it back under the rubber or clip it off. This usually causes a short as the wire makes contact with the base of the tank. If your not using any of these ignore what I've just said lol :-)

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I also just got a SID from a local brick and mortar shop and occassionally get the "short" code, but like you said, it's maybe twice a day out of 500 presses of the button. I just let go of the button and re-fire. I have not tried to figure out what it is.

I am using AW IMR 18650 batteries in it. I am running a Vision Victory tank on top which uses the EVOD/Protank bottom coil heads.

I'm the cook. I'm the man who killed Gus Fring. Now, say my name.

Full Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Had this happen to two of my SID's what I found, is that almost imperceptably, the entire top "Deck" of the SID had started to pop out of the tube, a few taps of a hammer (and I do mean TAPS) pushed it back inside nicely and the error code stopped. Of course it started again any time I dropped the device, but then a few more taps cleared it again. I am not sure what the exact problem was but this was at least an easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by efinch View Post
    Just a shot in the dark, are you using a kanger clearomizer or tank or any bottom coil. If so check the atomizer head near the rubber grommet to make sure no wire from the legs are sticking out. If so push it back under the rubber or clip it off. This usually causes a short as the wire makes contact with the base of the tank. If your not using any of these ignore what I've just said lol :-)
    I will definitely be checking this from now on...thank you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast