New Member: Some Advice Please? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Member: Some Advice Please?

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Here's a reputable Company. Actually one of the very early pioneers. Just for juice though. The JoyeTech eGo is quite popular.
    Ovale Portugal

Juice Maker Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by btportugal View Post
    Thanks BMV. Would you recommend NJoy over the Green Smoke? I think I've seen NJoy in Portugal, but only kits, not disposables...
    I haven't tried the Green Smoke and have heard a lot of praise for the NJoy. I used the smaller 510 setups several years ago, go some free NJoy sampler packs recently, else I vape with a "real" starter kit, or better APV, and get the juice that suits my taste. Finding a good juice is perhaps the hardest part of vaping, not getting decent gear. A small investment in time at a local vape shop (not sure you have any), or sampler packs in a good clearomizer tank with the ego/stick batteries will provide a far better vape, imho, than either Green's or Njoy's. Yeah, they are a bit more effort, but well worth it, imho, and you can use any juice you like. Also, variable voltage stick batteries allow you to customize the heat at the coil to optimize the vape/flavor on any juice you might find. So, I suggest you try the Njoy's for the first week, and if you like it, consider something a little more robust that can really be a significantly better vape. It takes what it takes, and vaping over smoking is always a "win". Best to you!
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

Thanks all.

I fully accept that more experienced vapers prefer "proper" vaping equipment, and I may move onto all that, but for now I just want to try one more "cigalike" to see if there's actually one that I can get on with. Once I get past that step I may feel more ready to deal with the language barrier problems associated with buying liquids and suchlike when my Portuguese isn't that good and I won't understand the instructions.

Having not had great results with the Blu and the Smuky, I'm not yet even convinced my body deals with the PG very well!

The main thing I'm keen to find out at this point is whether the Green Smoke is considered to be better than the products I've tried already? Does anyone have an opinion on that?

Many thanks

At the bottom of this page are Vendors in Portugal:
    ptVapers - Fórum de Cigarro Electrónico - Índice

This is reasonable priced kit BUT you'd need another battery:
    The EGO Starter Kit - Level One
    Also a sale:
    Starting with this newsletter our Halloween 20% Offer is available on our shop. The promotion stands until November 1st at midnight.

I think these would be my basic options for "proper" equipment here from the site Vapoor eyes gave me.

Ovale Portugal - eGo-C - Ovale Portugal

It seems quite expensive (a bit more than the Green Smoke)

I think my main worry is that I spend that money and find the PG gives me a headache again!

Hi Bro, Same situation here. Ecig doesn't perform 100% like cigarettes. I take both and slowly switch more to ecig. Hard to cut down totally and takes time. Just have both for the time being...switch slowly and look for the juice thats give you the kick. Hope this helps...

This is the eGo I linked above- just to give you an idea of the size. If it's not to your liking we'll find something that is
    In regards to batteries 100 mah= approx 1 hr of vaping before recharge required.

This is reasonable priced kit BUT you'd need another battery:
    The EGO Starter Kit - Level One
    Out of stock unfortunately, as is the level 2 kit...

I think my main worry is that I spend that money and find the PG gives me a headache again!
    You can order the juice in varying nicotine/ mg levels. It may have been too high a level of nicotine that gave you the headaches. You can also order juice in varying PG/ VG ratios. The industry standard is 70/ 30 PG/ VG BUT many are now using 50/ 50 PG/ VG as it gives a smoother vape.

It may have been too high a level of nicotine that gave you the headaches.
    Same problem with the nicotine free carts I tried with the Smuky. No headache from the VG-based BLU disposables - cough instead!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast