Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Member: Some Advice Please?

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Okay prices are steep but...
    "31% discount on all our products only orders made on 30 and 31 October!! "
    http://translate.googleusercontent.c...zsfrUM-KZIhGMg

Great, thank you

Same problem with the nicotine free carts I tried with the Smuky. No headache from the VG-based BLU disposables - cough instead!
    You're welcome. It's a fine balance for some between VG, PG and Nicotine. Some report lung issues with 100% VG juice so maybe a 50/ 50 blend would be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by btportugal View Post
    2. Purchased two disposable BLU ecigs (mainly because they were easy to find and they are VG instead.)

This time, no headache. The flavour of the menthol one was OK, but the tobacco flavour was nasty. I also found that the vapor seemed to catch in my throat and make me cough.
    Unfortunately, getting used to the vapor and throat hit is something we all have had to go through. For me, that only last a few days, then it became smooth and extremely enjoyable.
    My advice, would be to experiment with different e-cigs and see which one works best for you as well as flavor.

I would also add vaping alone is very dehydrating. Add caffeine (java or soda drinks) and it's becomes extreme dehydration.
    PG and VG are humectants...
    A humectant is a substance used primarily in foods and cosmetic products to help retain moisture. These substances are called hygroscopic, which means that they are able to absorb ambient water. These hygroscopic compounds posses a chemical structure that attracts water from the atmosphere and binds it to various sites along the molecule.

When we inhale PG/ VG it "traps" the moisture in our mouth, throat and nasal area and thus the vapor. The real problem arises when the body is dehydrated and begins "stealing" moisture from other parts of the body to keep key organs hydrated. Add to that more than 3 cups of java or caffeine based soda drinks and severe dehydration can occur.
    I had a convert that didn't believe vaping was dehydrating. I showed him his fingernails- there were vertical rails on them. Told him this was a sign of serious dehydration. His Dr. agreed. He began drinking water/ hydrating and within a couple of months his fingernails returned to normal...he's now a believer. Ask any chemist and they will tell you the same. I drink 3+ liters of water and no more than 3 cups Java per day.

www.vaporlovers.com They have unique italian flavors and good shipping costs and they offer other various e-liquids, they take time in there product I believe the bigger companies loose focus on taste and quality and concentrate on quantity, maybe giving a smaller company a shot would help you out for a change then decide what you really wanna do. plus like I said good shipping..im cheap haha. hope this helps ya out

Senior Member Verified Member

I know how you feel. At first, I too looked for something to replicate cigarettes and failed every time. My most recent venture I completely scrapped that idea and wanted something that just tasted good. I found out that this time around, I don't even use juice that tastes like tobacco at all..

As far as the fact that you don't want to mess with juice and parts etc.. Using an ego type battery and a clearo is actually much easier and less fiddling around than using the smaller cigalikes. I started with an 1100mah battery and one clearo that held 3ml of juice. That would last me the entire day from the moment I woke up until I went to bed. Every night, I would fill up the tank and charge my battery. When I woke up in the morning, grab it and go. I didn't have to worry about changing cartridges, batteries or any of that nonsense. 1 battery and 1 tank that would last me the day

I found that the more you need to fiddle and think about it, the more you thought about cigarettes. Like many others have already stated, getting good hardware isn't the challenge, it's finding the right juice that you like and can handle. I spent a ton of cash trying different juices and ended up with 100% VG with 12mg nicotine. And I was a pack and half smoker. I am allergic to PG and higher nicotine content was harsh on my throat.. It's weird because I smoked full flavor menthol cigarettes... Everyone is different when it comes to juice preference, nicotine levels, etc.

Good luck on your journey. At the end of the day, remember anything is better than smoking a cigarette..

Thank you for all the replies.

I'm coming round to the idea of something less cigarette-like!

I'm going to the UK in December, and have discovered that there's a brick and mortar store where I'm going.

Rather than risking spending €60+ on another starter kit from a website, only to find I don't get on with it, I'm thinking of popping in and getting one of these Tornado Tank Compact Kit - Kits - E-Cigarettes - Welcome to The Vapour Trail

Is this the kind of thing the veterans here would recommend?

Only 1 battery and TW is known to charge a little more. Also a HUGE negative is the cartridge+ atomizer system. Very outdated and has leakage issues. Google "leaking eGo-C" and you'll get a lot of hits. Battery is an eGo style.
    Seeing as your going to the U.K. here's a list of reputable UK Vendors with discount codes. Note at the top of page a link to B&M shops:
    http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboard...e=1&scrollTo=2

Quote Originally Posted by btportugal View Post
    Thank you for all the replies.

I'm coming round to the idea of something less cigarette-like!

I'm going to the UK in December, and have discovered that there's a brick and mortar store where I'm going.

Rather than risking spending €60+ on another starter kit from a website, only to find I don't get on with it, I'm thinking of popping in and getting one of these Tornado Tank Compact Kit - Kits - E-Cigarettes - Welcome to The Vapour Trail

Is this the kind of thing the veterans here would recommend?

PS. Would still be curious to hear from anyone who has tried Green Smoke and Blu and would care to compare...but I've resisted buying the Green Smoke for now!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast