New Member: Some Advice Please? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Member: Some Advice Please?

Thank you. I need a store in Brighton as that's where I'm staying and I won't have transport. How about this one:

eRoll Kit - Kits - E-Cigarettes - Welcome to The Vapour Trail

Google "leaking eGo-C" and you'll get a lot of hits.
    I did as suggested. Within a few posts I'm reading stuff like "Get some boge low resistance 510 connection cartomizers in 2.0 ohm and never look back" I feel like I'm coming full circle and arriving back at why I begun by saying I don't want to mess with liquids and parts!

I'm an IT consultant and some of that is complicated but it feels like you need a degree in engineering to understand half this ecig stuff!

I do like the fact that ecigs are unregulated as I'd hate to see the industry taken over by big companies (as one day it inevitably will be), but I wish it were possible to just buy a premium quality "off the shelf" product, even if it were at a premium price. I did wonder if Green Smoke fitted the bill, but nobody seems to recommend it, leading me to think all the positive stuff about the brand online is posted by affiliates!

My head hurts!

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

I did as suggested. Within a few posts I'm reading stuff like "Get some boge low resistance 510 connection cartomizers in 2.0 ohm and never look back" I feel like I'm coming full circle and arriving back at why I begun by saying I don't want to mess with liquids and parts!
    The cartridge+ atomizer system was the very first "tank" system- so outdated it shouldn't be sold any more IMO. Cartos were next. Next tanks were added to the cartomizer. Next were clearomizers.

Different delivery systems:- note bolded Atty, Carto, etc is the abbreviated form

Atomizer/ Atty- an element on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean. There are some diehard Atty users because it’s the best vape possible but very time consuming.

Cartridge/ Cart- a container with sponge (filled with juice) that is used with the Atty- juice drips on to Atty from filled cart and is vaporized- older outdated first “tank” system and prone to leaks unless the user is willing to buy extra seals and “fiddle” with them.

Cartomizer/ Carto- metal tube with stuffing and element. Holds anywhere form 1- 4 ml of juice. Carto is fully saturated and must be occasionally refilled when juice runs out. My Cartos last 1-2 weeks. Best Cartomizer I’ve found is the Smok Tech XL 1.7 single coil. Boge 2.0 ohm cartos will give a cooler vape. Always use single coil cartos with 3.3- 3.7 PVs for the best vape.

Carto+Tank- a Carto with a hole punched in it. Carto is than placed in a glass, metal or plastic tank which is filled with juice- juice saturates Carto by way of hole in Carto. My Cartos with a tank last, before tight draw occurs: light juices- 80-90 ml. dark juices- 50-60 ml.

Clearomizer/ Clearo: - a plastic, glass or metal tank with a wick and element. Contains NO stuffing. The rebuildable clearos come with heads (coil+ wick) that can be cheaply and easily replaced. When the head burns out simply unscrew the old head out and screw in new head- takes 10 secs.

Clearos are prolly the easiest way to go. Tanks that fit on the eGo style PVs hold 1.6 ml juice. Just unscrew the drip tip, squeeze in some juice, screw drip tip back on, swirl and vape. Can also see exactly how much juice you have left.

I did wonder if Green Smoke fitted the bill, but nobody seems to recommend it, leading me to think all the positive stuff about the brand online is posted by affiliates!
    A resounding YES. Retired from construction (still work online in a completely diff career). Clients would always want a particular stain that they'd see on TV, in magazines, newspapers, etc. I would plead with them to go with my fave choice and occasionally they'd choose the popular heavily marketed stain. I'd have them sign a waiver and sure enuff 2 yrs later they'd be calling me up crying the blues cuz the stain "they had chosen was failing".
    Generally if a Vendor is not listed here at ECF there's a reason...usually they know they couldn't compete with superior less expensive brands.

Quote Originally Posted by btportugal View Post
    Thank you. I need a store in Brighton as that's where I'm staying and I won't have transport. How about this one:

eRoll Kit - Kits - E-Cigarettes - Welcome to The Vapour Trail
    It's great of you're light smoker- Battery is 90 mah but comes with a charging case. Cartridges only hold .4- .6 ml. Accessories are proprietary. I don't reco this one unless someone smokes 5 or less analogs per day.
    Here's another Vendor in Brighton:
    http://www.thevapingvault.co.uk/

vapingvault@hotmail.com
    Facebook .. vapingvault
    Shop Opening Times ...
    Monday .. 9.30 am .. 4.30 pm
    Tuesday .. 10.00 am .. 5.00 pm
    Wednesday .. 10.30 .. 6.00 pm
    Thursday .. 10.00 am .. 5.00 pm
    Friday .. 10.00 am .. 5.00 pm
    Saturday .. 10.00 am .. 2.00 pm
    Sunday .. CLOSED

The Vaping Vault
    42 Baker St
    Brighton
    BN14JN

Super Member ECF Veteran leeler's Avatar

My personal cigalike issues:
    -batteries only last a few hours
    -prefilled carts are pricey and it's hard to predict when they will run out.
    I too bought a cigalike the first time around, and kept putting it away when the battery died so I was pretty much back to smokes every time I used it.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Super Member Verified Member Imperialbeachboy's Avatar

I've tried green smoke and blu's and they both suck. I shortly went back to smoking. I then bought an ego twist, clearomizer, charger and juice and I haven't had a cigarette in months.

Senior Member Verified Member

I will add that if you can buy Blu cartridges locally you could just get a decent ego battery and use it instead of the cigalike battery.
    It will be more expensive than buying juice and doing it yourself but still cheaper than cigarettes.

Just a thought. That way you can quit smoking asap while you ease your way in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Green smoke is very good I used them for 2 years I used med strength I liked mocha,chocolate , vanilla and my sister in law like the tobacco flavor . Well the reason I stopped was because of the cost. If your don't care about the price then I think you would be happy with them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234