Provari...why do people get uptight? - Page 3
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 272
Like Tree721Likes

Thread: Provari...why do people get uptight?

  1. #21
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    lvm111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    595

    Default

    "70-90% of the vaping community vape in these tolerances." I'm skeptical of this claim. Is there any data to support it? I'd be very surprised if the actual figure is anywhere near that high.

    best regards, larry mac

  2. #22
    ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Caridwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dracu View Post
    I really want to get a provari based on how well its built and how accurate it is as far as what I am hearing about it. What I do not understand though is why when someone makes a statement that it is overpriced or there are mods just as good and far cheaper, all the heat that someone has to take.

    I thought people have a right to give an opinion. God forbid I purchase one and give a negative review on it...Will people be in front of my house with torches...????????????
    I think it's because people don't read the person's post.

    If someone posts - "I've tried vaping and like it and want a durable pv and cost doesn't enter into it- fine to suggest a ProVari.

    *If someone posts - "Help, my ego battery isn't charging, what can I do to fix it" and someone posts- throw it out the window and buy a Provari. Not fine. And this actually happened.

  3. #23
    ECF Guru ECF Veteran Baditude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    18,933
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evan le'garde View Post
    I think no one complains about the price of these particular devices is because people don't wind on about them all the time. I thought it was obvious why i was talking about a mech and variable voltage in the same sentance. Just to reiterate, a mech mod last forever and a variable voltage device doesn't.
    <<< Unless you want to keep paying to have it repaired

    A mech mod was being used in contrast to a variable voltage device. I think i can compare the 2 in this context can't i ? Chalk and cheese, apples and oranges. One lasts one don't. That was my point !. "I'm a little confused because you highlighted what i'd said in your own words but you don't seem to realise it.

    So i hope you understand why now !.
    Since you chose to compare a Provari to a mechanical mod, I emphasized that a Provari is every bit as durable as a mechanical because of the way it is built. If you have never held, used, or owned one you couldn't know that.

    A mechanical mod can have parts fail like any mechanical tool can. Therefore it is not as fool-proof as you claim. Replacement parts will be needed and someone to replace them. Provape offers this service for reasonable cost for the Provari. Therefore, it will last as long as any mechanical mod will.

    In contrast, your Tesla will be a throwaway should it need repair. Sure, you can buy another. And another when that one needs repair. Some people get tired of having to continually replace their mods so often, and end up getting a Provari which will last them years by comparison. It's all in how you wish to spend your money. When putting out the money for a Provari, you buy ONCE and cry ONCE, but regret it NEVER.

  4. #24
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    lvm111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoecat6 View Post
    I have a provari that I almost never use because I like the vv/VW of the vamo a lot better. For me I get a much better Vape from my vamo's and they are a lot cheaper.
    I also have a Vamo, and two Provari's. IMO, there's absolutely no comparison between the two. While I like my Vamo, my Provari's are so much better quality wise that I would never dream of making a statement such as that. It always comes back to "and they are a lot cheaper".

    best regards, larry mac

  5. #25
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37

    Default

    i think its more of a love hate thing. ppl that pay up to own them, love. ppl that dont find that the cash doesnt justify the mod.

    also ive noticed a some ppl that own provaris say everything else is second place. so in turn people get offended.

  6. #26
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    vicflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lvm111 View Post
    "70-90% of the vaping community vape in these tolerances." I'm skeptical of this claim. Is there any data to support it? I'd be very surprised if the actual figure is anywhere near that high.

    best regards, larry mac
    yes majority of vapers use egos/cigalikes. people with apvs and mods are a tiny fraction of a fraction of the "community" so i wouldnt be surprised if the percentage was even higher.
    ѴιςғĿδ

  7. #27
    ECF Guru ECF Veteran Baditude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    18,933
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vicflo View Post
    yes majority of vapers use egos/cigalikes. people with apvs and mods are a tiny fraction of a fraction of the "community" so i wouldnt be surprised if the percentage was even higher.
    I can agree with this. E-cig forums tend to attract the hobbyist and enthusiasts who go more advanced with mods and RBA's, which when the whole vaping community is included is a very small percentage of people who use e-cigarettes.

    If you look at the stats for ECF, there are far more "visitors" than members, and far more "lurkers" who do not post in the forums than those who do. We get the false notion that because many of the topics on ECF deal with mods that this is what most people are using. More vapors are using cigalikes and egos around the world than mods by a large margin.

  8. #28
    Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    rhodzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Each to their own I guess! Everyone has their preference and will use what they want. You can read as many reviews as you want or watch them but at the end of the day it's what makes you enjoy vaping!

    I generally tend to stay away from reading too many reviews, find it takes over a little too much and then when I come to buy one there's usually a new version out


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  9. #29
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran evan le'garde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Since you chose to compare a Provari to a mechanical mod, I emphasized that a Provari is every bit as durable as a mechanical because of the way it is built. If you have never held, used, or owned one you couldn't know that.

    A mechanical mod can have parts fail like any mechanical tool can. Therefore it is not as fool-proof as you claim. Replacement parts will be needed and someone to replace them. Provape offers this service for reasonable cost for the Provari. Therefore, it will last as long as any mechanical mod will.

    In contrast, your Tesla will be a throwaway should it need repair. Sure, you can buy another. And another when that one needs repair. Some people get tired of having to continually replace their mods so often, and end up getting a Provari which will last them years by comparison. It's all in how you wish to spend your money. When putting out the money for a Provari, you buy ONCE and cry ONCE, but regret it NEVER.
    I'll tell you what i'll do Mr/Miss Baditude . I'll make a note of this conversation and when my Tesla fails i'll let you know. I've had it for, let me see, about, i don't know, 3 or 4 months. As soon as it breaks, for whatever reason, You'll be the first to know. So whether it's a month or year or whatever, i'll let you know. So you know, chinese, japanese, american who cares !. We'll just have to wait and see !.

    I will also let you know if it's still working too !. Periodically !. Something for you to look forward to.
    Last edited by evan le'garde; 10-31-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

  10. #30
    Super Member ECF Veteran Kropotkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomzgreat View Post
    It's a problem on the forum, certain brands like Provari and Reo have strong FanBoy followings. If you give a negative review you get flamed.
    Pretty much. It's like failing to swoon over Ahlusion juices, or making jokes about MBV: bad news.



    I don't see as many ProVari threads as I used to, though. I think fancy rebuildables and upscale mech mods are more fashionable and status-y now.
    KrisAinTX likes this.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks