SUPER NOOB ALERT!! What am I missing?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: SUPER NOOB ALERT!! What am I missing??

Hi Cags...
    Yes, on and off during my 55 years, but I was always a very light smoker. I smoked 'light' cigarettes and not more that a pack every 3 days-ish..
    I can hardly stand to even put nicotine in my liquids now! (I have a bottle of 32mg. nicotine!)
    I guess I'm happy with the 0% nicotine and getting into various flavors ....Chocolate/Banana..... Chocolate/P.Butter..... Chocolate/Cherry.... although I do have a big 30ml. bottle of Halo's Tribecca (tobacco flavor) liquid. It does taste better with a titch of nicotine though....too sweet otherwise..

Ok....so, is my profile picture of me visible?? (Where I'm standing alone in it??)
    I can't see it at all..
    Last edited by TTerri; 11-07-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Thank you Gregamite!

Note to self: buy distilled water.

Gregamite.....what would you call e-cigs that are more like regular cigarettes?? Rather than the big/bomb batteries with the push buttons? I have one of those, but....too bulky...it's a Vapage U-Turn.

If you are using top coil clearomizers, you have to do the tilty thing every once in a while to keep your wicks wet. Burnt hits are so gross by the way. Yucky!

I started with the Halo G6 but was going through way too many batteries per day, so I switched to an eGo styled system pretty quickly. The form factor of the small devices is nice, but the functionality and increased performance of an eGo device is great.

Also, beware of random vendors selling e-juice. Unless you are making it yourself, I always go with a lab-made juice as I know their standards are generally higher.

Welcome to ECF!

Moved On

Quote Originally Posted by TTerri View Post
    .....what would you call e-cigs that are more like regular cigarettes??
    Around here: cig-a-likes

Anyway, glad your enjoying your experience. PG and VG both have antiseptic/antibacterial characteristics (like olive oil etc..) so it has the potential to ward of lung issues cause by air-born pathogens. Wild right?

Full Member Verified Member

the ones that look similar in size to analogs are called cig a likes or something like that.

Hey RubyRoo!
    Thanks SO much!! That info. was great! You guys are really helping me to get the feel of it. The first time I got a mega-BURNED hit, I thought I torched my battery!! That was on the U-Turn (variable wattage) with a clearomizer! I'm like.....YEE--III--EEE!!!!! I think I torched the wick! Now I know what people have been talking about with 're-building' their thing!
    I can KICK myself!! I'm not normally like this, but the other day I was driving in a really 'colorful trees' area and I was taking a video while driving....and took my Halo G6 shortie with an extra long Halo cartomizer attached and put it in my lap, and I guess I'd forgotten about it because when I got out, I think it dumped out of my lap on the ground (I had a casual dress on.) I THOUGHT I heard something lightly hit the ground, quickly looked under car and thought....nah....nothing dropped. But I can't find that dude now! But I've got 2 other long purple Halo batteries. But yeah, I see what you mean--seems like they don't last long at all. I'm crazy but, I don't like any manual push button jobs....I like to type and vape at the same time! So, I've usually got one hanging in my teeth!! hehe...
    Sorry I'm rambling on so much! (I'm Italian!)

Jay-dub....YES!!
    I had the weirdest thing happen lately....I'd gotten an upper resp. infection, and garbage behind nose....getting really gross, but I thought I'd try to let more vapor into my nasal area....and guess what!! It eventually went away!! It was almost to the point of my needing antibiotics, but the vaping removed the infection!! WoWZa!!
    Jay-dub likes this.

Yeah....I'd better watch the fly-by-night e-juice makers!
    If you go to Ebay and put this number into it's search engine, this was what I'd bought.. 261296385899

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MiamiMom63's Avatar

Welcome to the forum, TTerri! So glad you are enjoying vaping! I feel no guilt in vaping. I only felt quilty when I smoked, which was for 30 years. I no longer have post nasal drip and have to use my prescription nasal sprays, which never seemed to help me anyways. I haven't used them in about 2 years now. So absolutely NOT, I have no guilt about it at all. I've been doing the happy dance ever since I started vaping!
    Enoch777 and TTerri like this.
    Check out our Vape Meets for South Florida at www.southfloridavapers.com

Super Member Verified Member Enoch777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-dub View Post
    Anyway, glad your enjoying your experience. PG and VG both have antiseptic/antibacterial characteristics (like olive oil etc..) so it has the potential to ward of lung issues cause by air-born pathogens. Wild right?
    I knew VG had such properties, but is there some study that validates or inclines such a statement? Very interesting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by TTerri View Post
    Hey guys...
    I guess I can't just get my MIND around the fact that this is mostly WATER VAPOR!! What am I missing here??
    Somewhat true. I am not quite sure if the same can be said for PG (Propylene Glycol) I know that VG (Vegetable Glycerin) is metabolized into H20 and C02. Here's some light reading on a study done with VG when inhaled through an atomizer: Safety of VG when inhaled through an e-cig

E-liquid, however, does contain more than just VG. Nicotine if you have it. Flavorings. The last one is probably the most questionable, and as such, the quality and safety of the liquid you use can only be weighed by the professionals and tools/labs they create it in. I wouldn't recommend buying juice on eBay. Not only does eBay not allow such sales, but you have absolutely no way of knowing what you are vaping.

Check out: Velvet Cloud Vapor They make organic juices (using natural flavoring) and even put an ingredient list on their bottles! I'm enjoying some of their Nutty Cookie right now!

P.S. That Vapage U-Turn is indeed an eGo Twist / Vision Spinner. Just another variant of the same thing. They're easily one of the most popular and highly recommended devices for vaping.

Vape well, vape often
    TTerri and Philosophy like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast