Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: SUPER NOOB ALERT!! What am I missing??

Default SUPER NOOB ALERT!! What am I missing??

Hey guys...

I'm somewhat new to vaping, but as much as I want to take a huge drag on the thing, I still feel guilty, like it will hurt, (or at least not be too good) for my lungs! (Even though I use 0 nic. almost all of the time!!) I guess I can't just get my MIND around the fact that this is mostly WATER VAPOR!! What am I missing here??

Started with a Vapage U-Turn....650mah, (can choose little or big hits) but don't like the bulkiness of the thing.

Am happier with Halo and Vapage batteries. (Check out Halo's colors! AND both Halo AND Vapage have lightning fast shipping, and Halo's shipping is super low!! Like $3.00 for a BUNCH of stuff!)

Bought the juice on Ebay from US sellers...made by some 'Joes.' This last batch of bottles have very THICK liquid. Am having a hard time filling re-fillable cartomizers because of that (not clearomizers.) I have the clearomizers, but rather like the cigarette feel of Halos and Vapages. (Sorry!) I keep one in my teeth when vaping.....and in fact, even now as I'm typing... hehe... like I've got a straight candy cane in my teeth!
    Bite marks 'a plenty on my cartomizers...having a blast, btw...

Any suggestions, kind criticisms, or comments are appreciated.

And, by the way....Did you ever have a BURNED, FIRE hit with a clearomizer?? I think it's because it was super low on liquid, or something. It seems to be working okay now, but I wonder if I should change the thread?? It's on the U-Turn that I rarely use....too bulky. I now think I know what a Chocolate/Banana pie tastes like when it's on fire!!

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!
    Terri
    Last edited by TTerri; 10-31-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Amraann's Avatar

Did you smoke analogs prior to vaping?

(What's an analog??)
    See what a NOOB I am??
    Sorry!

ps...thanks for responding to me....you're the only one.

Non electronic cigarette has been deemed to be an analog, even though an analog apparatus uses electricity of some sort. I think mechanical PVs are a far better fit for that term, but it seems like the hipster terminology has stuck for it to reference tobacco.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did you smoke cigarettes prior to vaping? They are called analogs. The thick juice means it has a high vg content, vegetable glycene. It is harder to wick and can cause dry hits like you mentioned above. Look for mixes around 50/50 pg/vg or 60/40, etc.....those will work better in your cartimizers and clearomizers. Pg is propylene glycol.

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Amraann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TTerri View Post
    (What's an analog??)
    See what a NOOB I am??
    Sorry!

ps...thanks for responding to me....you're the only one.

I just saw this and see that others have already explained. No need to apologize all of us where new at some point. You can only learn if you ask!
    You will find that members here are kind and willing to help and answer questions

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

so, did you smoke cigarettes?

I've been vaping almost 3 years and I am in fine health
    CafeDigitalDiva likes this.
    1. drink more water and get backups for your backups!
    2. careful! vaping may turn you into a shopaholic and hoarder!

Ultra Member Verified Member Mark Anthony's Avatar

We were all new once.... there is probably nothing that we haven't heard before. Everyone here is very helpful and will chime in if they have some feedback.... go ahead... ask away.... Good luck with your new adventure and welcome to ECF

WoWZa!!
    You guys are all SO nice! Thank you for your kind understanding...

I think this guy must have used all P.G. as it is VERY thick! I read somewhere that I can add a drop or two of water....do you all agree?
    (There's safety in a multitude of counselors!)

Full Member Verified Member

vg is the thick juice. but yes you can add water but it needs to be distilled water. and do it little bits at a time. you dont want your juice too thin. the "fire" hit you described was probably a dry hit and, yes because there wasnt enough juice to wick. try tilting it when vaping and even more so when low on liquid. and i believe vaping to be much much more healthy than analogs. good luck
    TTerri likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast