Greetings and questions from an old smoker - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Greetings and questions from an old smoker

PV Master ECF Veteran

It depends if you have experience with ohms and resistance. It takes a bit of learning in that area. The battery is the basic but the type of juice delivery device makes all the difference.

Super Member Verified Member Scarey's Avatar

A good advanced personal vaporizer is worth the price of 2 weeks worth of cigarettes... How much money have you spent on dry leaves that kill you?There are also less expensive APV's out there. You could get a SID, Vamo, or SVD. Those are all less than $40, if you order them on Fast Tech's slow boat from China.
    _____________Last analog: September 10th, 2013, Around 22:00 GMT -5______________
    At 0.5Ω of resistance you're pushing 7.4 amps and a whopping 27.38 watts...
    If you did that to an eGo, it would destroy a small village.

PV Master ECF Veteran

You will find a lot of us are old timers and we have had an awakening. There are so many people here with knowledge in just about every facet to help. Ask a question and I bet someone here has a good answer and explanation.

Also, don't skimp on batteries. This is the most recommended site for them: Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor

Those red AW IMR's are the most highly recommended batteries.

You can save a bit of cash on a charger if you grab a Nitecore i2 or i4 from here: https://illuminationsupply.com/charg...16373a9b7f0ad1
    _____________Last analog: September 10th, 2013, Around 22:00 GMT -5______________

Sometimes I wonder about how many people got dissuaded from vaping because they fell for these rickety disposables.
    They may be fine for the folks who litght up occasionally. But when you serious into smoking, you need to get serious into vaping.
    And with two packs a day these you need stuff, not crap - as you've found yourself . Good thing you didn't chuck the idea of vaping due to that less than satisfying experience with disposables. Starter kits are plenty on the market - guess in the U.S. about 50 bucks should get you going decently. Ask 10 vapers and you will get 12 opinions about good gear . So before tossing brand names about, let's look at the generic features .
    Batteries : rechargeable is minimum, 900mAh can get you through the day. - Being able to vary voltage, wattage, whatever is one step up. Decent MOD with all that - why not? Will last you a good while - batteries from a reputable vendor will last about 300 charging cycles. So compared to what you dishing out moneywise for two packs a day it'd be money well spent.
    Clearomizers or cartomizers - up to you - refillable is good, rebuildable is not everybody's babe ( especially if you arefine motoricall challnged like me )

Of utmos importance is the right e-liquid. Best hardware on the globe is only as good as the 'software' .

Based on two packs a day ... I'd recommend 18mg/ml nicotine and 66% PG ratio - gives decent nicotine flash and good throat hit. So it will be close to the analogs you're wishing to kick. Flavour? Take your pick. Hundreds to choose from. Enjoy
    klynnn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamix View Post
    Based on two packs a day ... I'd recommend 18mg/ml nicotine and 66% PG ratio - gives decent nicotine flash and good throat hit. So it will be close to the analogs you're wishing to kick. Flavour? Take your pick. Hundreds to choose from. Enjoy
    I think you're a bit light on your nicotine suggestion. I was a 1 pack a day smoker and started with 24mg. For a 2 PAD smoker, I'd say start at a minimum of 24mg. 36mg might siut you better. At least to start. You really want to hit the nic hard, to get you through that rough first month.
    Katdarling and RedNBlack like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome to ECF. You are starting out with a great attitude and will be successful. I also smoked 2 pad Marlboros for over 45 years and this has been the easiest quitting experience I have had. It does become a hobby. I started out with 2 1300mah Vision Spinners, a couple of Evods and a 510 dripping atty. The 1300mah spinner lasts me all day of chain vaping. While one charges I am vaping on the other one. Works. I just bought an MVP2 last week and love it. It is smaller than a pack of cigarettes and would be pocket friendly. No need to buy chargers or batteries. This setup will give you time to explore ECF and read up on the different devices and batteries before you start spending a lot of money on things that may not satisfy you 3 months from now.

Once you have your devices, the next most important thing is to find a juice (eliquid) that you can vape all day, or at least for several hours at a time. Do not expect to find something that tastes exactly like your cigarettes, it does not exist. There are excellent tobacco juices out there, but they are not like a cigarette. I am going to give you two links for you to read. The first one is a thread on the top 5 vendors for juice. This is a good guide to who the most popular vendors are and you will get good quality from them. The second is a thread on tobaccos. Lots of reading and learning. Have fun with this.

Top 5 vendors (e-liquid)

Natural Tobaccos

I like the offerings of Ahlusion, The Plume Room, and Nicoticket. I find the flavors full and rich and the liquids to be top quality. There are many others to consider also.
    klynnn, Kent Brooks and DaBucs like this.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

PV Master ECF Veteran

There really is a lot to learn in vaping. You deal with ohms, resistance, unprotected and protected batteries and good kits versus rip offs. I started 2 years ago and wow what an education. I didn't have the faintest clue what an ohm was. I hope you are smarter than I. Talk about a great hobby and a really good bunch of people to help.
    Katdarling likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran

I really think most should start at 18mg. Even though I smoked 2+pad a lot of the time they burnt up. I wasn't really smoking all that much I was just paying a fortune for them to sit in an ashtray and burn. You can always go higher or lower on the nic factor. Start in the middle and see what works.

Quote Originally Posted by klynnn View Post
    I really think most should start at 18mg. Even though I smoked 2+pad a lot of the time they burnt up. I wasn't really smoking all that much I was just paying a fortune for them to sit in an ashtray and burn. You can always go higher or lower on the nic factor. Start in the middle and see what works.
    I just don't agree with that at all. I don't aprove of the notion of suggesting someone try a strength that might not be enough to get through the transition, and having them start smoking again while they wait up to a week for the strength they need to show up in the mailbox. Assuming they even bother trying, and don't write vaping off as ineffective.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast