Greetings and questions from an old smoker - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Greetings and questions from an old smoker

PV Master ECF Veteran

Well since we don't know what the ops situation is I think an average is the best. I have seen far too many people start at 24 and can't stand their juice or it burns their throat. Best to start in the middle.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Ok, you mentioned work, presumably in the construction field. Now you have to consider durability.

None of this stuff is designed for dropping, especially when you start screwing extensions onto it - cartos or carto tanks, clearomizers etc. Dropping devices can cause a lot of stress to the threaded connector, seizing a device onto the connector and/or damaging the threads. In general the lower you go in price the cheaper the components. So while the 510 connector in a Tesla might survive drops, the softer brass connector in a Vamo - not so much. I can't say I have dropped my Tesla all that often, but it has survived.

Moving up the "device food chain" you may want to consider just dropping the big bucks on a Provari. Those seem to get used a lot by guys in the construction fields, get dropped a lot, and survive. It's also a "made in USA" device with great backing. One of the few PV's that a manufacturer actually repairs if needed.

eGo Twist or Vision Spinner? More often than not break and fall apart from a hard surface fall.

Just one other aspect of your use to consider. If you think there is any risk of hard surface falls at work skip right past the Twists or Spinners.

Full Member Verified Member

Congrats & Welcome to ECF! As an ex-smoker of 40 yrs, welcome to the great world of vaping. I can't speak to about the Tesla, but if you want something that is solid, with a good vape, look at the Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0. Great battery life, solidly built. 101 Vape has it for $39.99 Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape
    tomzgreat, Walter Ego and meanckz like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRoo View Post
    ALSO, if you are looking at other APV's (advanced personal vaporizers) then check out the iTaste MVP 2.0. It is a box mod with an internal battery, variable voltage, variable wattage, ohms checker, etc. It is cheaper than the Tesla and you don't have to buy any batteries or a charger. I have one and it is my go-to mod. Hope this helps! Check out this link: Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 Starter Kit - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes
    You beat me to it Ruby..... LoL

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Henson View Post
    Congrats & Welcome to ECF! As an ex-smoker of 40 yrs, welcome to the great world of vaping. I can't speak to about the Tesla, but if you want something that is solid, with a good vape, look at the Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0. Great battery life, solidly built. 101 Vape has it for $39.99 Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape
    I completely concur!

Keep up the good vape!
    since 6/26/2013

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi Cee64E,

I'm new to the forum and pretty new to vaping as well.

I was (that's nice to say) a 1.5 - 2 pad smoker for 45 years and had no intention to give it up. But, what are you going to do when your 4 year old grandson says, 'Pawpaw, you need to quit smoking before you turn blue and die.'

I started with Blu, because they were available at Walgreens. That lasted about 3 weeks. Realized that I was spending close to the price of analogs on the cartomizers. Switched to White Cloud. Better batteries, better taste, lasted longer per cart, and cheaper than the Blu for the carts.

Just over a week ago, I picked up 2 1300 Mah VV spinner type batteries, a couple of Evod tanks and some juice from a B&M local to me. Better yet!

Last Sunday, I sprung for an Evic while setting my nephew up with a kit. Loved it until I bricked it trying to update the firmware about 6 hours later. Trying to get a replacement control head now. To carry me through until I do, I picked up a Vamo V3 yesterday. Love that too.

All this in 9 weeks and 4 days. I feel better. I don't stink. People around me don't mind the vapor (it smells good to them). My grandson is happy. I'm happy. With all that I've bought, I've still saved money since quitting.

I'm never going back.
    Walter Ego likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamix View Post
    Sometimes I wonder about how many people got dissuaded from vaping because they fell for these rickety disposables........................
    From talking to locals about vaping for the last 4 years, I have found (unscientific) that for every one person who starts with a mini-PV like the Blu, etc and then graduates to better PV's due the poor performance of most mini-models, there are easily 20 who decided vaping was not effective and a scam and just kept smoking, unfortunately.

So many wonderful informative responses!

I started smoking at 17 and quit when I was 40....lot's of years killing my lungs.

I started vaping a few weeks back, I started with an inexpensive ce4/ego kit.
    I now use and love a carto tank setup.

Welcome Cee64E to the ECF neighborhood,

Yep, 4 granddaughters here, too much fun now, and I want to be around when the 1 year old gets married.

40+ years 2PAD smoker, tried all the RX alternatives......no joy.

Tried the cig-a-likes, saw there was a light at the end of the tunnel,

Stepped up to the Vision Spinner and EVOD tanks, knew this little train could do it...

Went to the Sigelei ZMax v5
    Sigelei Zmax V5 with Cell phone charger
    and have not looked back. Kind of ruff on stuff, bit this thing has come down off ladders, rolled under cars, and it is still ticking.

The girls think Poppa's pipe is cool, and he does not "stink" any more.

Not sure of the Tesla, but IMHO any well built personal vaoprizer is going to be your better option in the long run.
    The Zmax is stainless steel, single button operation, travels well in my back pocket (or man bag) uses all the tanks I could want.
    You may want to start a little high on the nic to begin (maybe 24 mg).
    Again, Welcome to the neighborhood...
    Grandkids..........Priceless......

Vape 'em if ya got 'em.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I quadruple the suggestion for a Itaste MVP.

It may not last forever but it's really simple. No Battery decision, no charger decision

Just plug into your celphone charger [If Micro USB] and vape. It's a great starter unit.
    It has one of the highest satsifaction rates on the forum [Arguable]. For the price nothing gives
    More Bang for the Buck. [My opinion]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast