Greetings and questions from an old smoker - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Greetings and questions from an old smoker

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome! I am another one of those folks who smoked for decades (3.5 of them) until they found this. I agree with what has been said here. Find a PV that you can live with and start trying some juices.. Do your research before you make big purchases. There are ALOT of very helpful folks in this forum to help out. It can be done!

Vaping will save you money. In other news, record sales of beachfront property propel Arizona economy to new heights

Karto Tank Kween Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cee64E View Post
    Wow, talk about fast responses.

Okay. The Tesla kit I am looking at is offered over at Vape Dudes for 80 bucks. The friend that let me try his says they have the same thing at a local shop, though possibly a bit more. I prefer to shop local for everything I buy just to support local businesses so if I can get it locally, even if it costs a little more, I do. But then I frequent a local drive-in movie, too, just to keep the place from closing and losing the last one in the area. Consequence of being old.

The Tesla is certainly a big unit. Impressive, even. I don't go out much except to work and the grocery so carting it around isn't really an issue to me. I'll probably find some way to clip it to my belt along with all the other stuff I cart around during the day. I'm a custom cabinet maker so there's a fair amount of stuff on or in my belt anyway. One more thing won't hurt and it kinda reminds me of a Hooka. I grew up in the 70s. Hookas are cool.

Getting off cigarettes is kind of a must do for me. My lungs still work pretty good, but I'm noticing that I get winded a lot faster than I used to when I was a kid. I'm kind of a big fella, always have been, and in my line of work marshmallows don't last long putting kitchen cabinets up on a wall with one hand and screwing them down with the other. Heart issues run through my family like a river and I'd just as soon not drown in them either. It's something I have been meaning to do for a while, but nicotine alternatives have so far been unsatisfying. I'm a junkie for my "eens". Vaping looks to be a good way to satisfy my habit and do a lot less harm to my body. I have the body of a god and I'd like to keep it that way. (Okay, it's Buddha, but still...)

Thanks again for all the info. I have much to research and learn, but I am undaunted by it. (I have a daunt puller in my tool box. )

I sooooooooooooo like you already!

Cee64E, I've seen quite a few recommendations for nic levels in this thread... not that you asked. But IF you did ask, I would definitely recommend getting some small sample bottles of flavors that you like, and get those in 24mg. AND 18mg. Fill up some cartos/clearos and off ya go. Your body will tell you when you reach the right level for you in the moment. There may be times that 24mg. is just perfect, and other times when the 18mg. will do it for you. You can even mix the two levels together and get a lovely 21mg.

Happy Vaping, and welcome to ECF!

Go for the Gold...

I came for the vape. I stayed for the giggles.

Our vape is at stake. PLEASE JOIN CASAA? www.casaa.org

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Back to the construction Biz Aspect.
    You might want to take a look at the Provari or
    the Itaste VTR
    According to P Busardo it's heavy and durable and might be good for a construction worker.

Ludicrous Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I started on the eGo, and its a solid great unit. But yes one battery charge will last only half a day. Most starter packs come with two batteries so that you can always be charging/swapping back and forth.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234