Is vaping really cheaper than smoking - Page 21
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Is vaping really cheaper than smoking

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by aw59195 View Post
    I think vaping lets you smoke more, so you end up around the same price area unless you get into mods, then its a hobby
    As my wife and I were spending in excess of $400 per month for cigarettes, I can't even imagine consuming that much in vaping supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mg Meniere View Post
    Once you have made your initial purchases and are satisfied with what you have, it is easy to stabilize at a dollar a day.

Ego threading is 510 plus eGo. With eGo threading, you can use a larger variety of devices, including 510. The eGo threading is on the outside of the attachment area.
    The fitting which I think is probably ego has a shroud around the external thread on the clearomiser, so it won't fit my 510 battery.

The bit that works for me is the battery which fits all my 510 stuff (originally Vapourlites cartomiser kit). While I'm experimenting with rewinding atomiser heads, sometimes I get the resistance too low and my 18350 doesn't last all day. The standard 650mAh that comes with the KIK kit has already come in handy as a backup spare.

As yet I've not found a UK supplier for battery side threaded inserts for my battery mods, previously I had to buy a Vapourlites for 6.99 to strip for parts (the battery is only 180mAh) Now I have the option of the KIK battery that will fit 2 different standards, the starter kit is slightly more at 9.99 but has a worthwhile 650mAh battery and optional extras upto 1100mAh. The battery is fit for purpose as it is - any that fail will become donors for future battery mods.

Vaping has been much more expensive than smoking in my experience. Seems like there's always something new coming out and I have to have it.

Super Member Verified Member Ultra-X's Avatar

Hi,

depends on how much you smoke and how much it costs in your area to smoke.
    do an honest calculation, include gas to go pickup cig, include the tax, include how many you bum out.

for me, in the southern US, roughly $5.00 a pack (tax tag and title).
    i was smoking 1/3 of a pack. so smoking costs me about 1.66 a day.
    vaping, costs me about $2.25 a day.
    i don't buy elcheapo juice. i did buy a pv but have not busted it out to use it just yet.
    (any pv is just initial cost anyways and should not be included in your consumption per day estimate - imo)
    i use clearo with disposable/re-usable coils (i am not really finding them coils all that re-usable).
    and i dont' want to invest in super duper cleaning kit .. which may or may not (i'll bet NOT) put the coil back to like-new condition.
    believe coil cleaning is a myth and people just like to save money when in reality they are getting a poor vape.
    anyhow ...
    the "which one is cheaper" question is up to the individual.
    For me, i don't mind paying a little bit higher for vaping.
    My wife not griping at me is .... priceless.
    Since you in Cali, pretty sure vaping will be cheaper for you unless you only smoke like 2 cigarettes a day or something.

Be Healthy / Happy Vaping.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegimic89 View Post
    I stopped smoking for obvious health risks and began vaping hoping it would be a safe cheaper alternative to smoking and quickly realized its not at least in my case, is the same true for you guys and gals?

It definitely depends on how much of a heavy smoker someone is. Personally, the eGos didn't do it for me. I "needed" a much warmer vape close to a real cig which led me to higher wattage/voltage mods within a week of getting into vaping. Those tend to be much higher priced--not always, but more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by cynik View Post
    It definitely depends on how much of a heavy smoker someone is. Personally, the eGos didn't do it for me. I "needed" a much warmer vape close to a real cig which led me to higher wattage/voltage mods within a week of getting into vaping. Those tend to be much higher priced--not always, but more often than not.
    My tally was 25g of hand-rolling tobacco/day.

The Vapourlites cartomiser kit was just good enough to keep me off smoking.

Now I'm using a Liberty Flights Vivi-Nova. Its taking a bit of trial & error winding my own atomiser coils, but I'm more or less good to go without spending huge money on hyped up rip-off junk.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I spend about $20 a month in juice and $15 additional every two months on coils. (I rebuild most of my coils but not the iClear 30 coils)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I try to set a budget for each month. So far I'm over $250.00 and this is the 3rd but on the upside, at the end of the month I'll have a lot more to show rather than an ash tray full of butts!
    0mg Meniere likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I guess one can spend whatever their heart desires! Just saw a thread on a forum where someone was trying to find an available $1,000 mech mod.

I did get a 69 clone from Fasttech yesterday, but it was only a little more than $20 - splurging for me. I really like the thing. Very well made and comfortable to use with a kick and Protank. I usually use a kicked Nemesis clone.

I was given an ego t 900 mah battery and a charger by a friend. I bought a dual coil catromizer and some ejuice for 11 dollars added anther ego t with a passthrough and a dual coil iclear 16 clearomizer 20 dollars a case for 5 bucks so my total so far 36 dollars I was smoking at least 2 packs a day 70 dollars a week and now I vape about 10mg a week 7 bucks so id say cheaper
    Last edited by foster67; 08-28-2014 at 03:13 AM. Reason: no reason given