vamo v3 ,5 ,sid or svd for starter mod
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: vamo v3 ,5 ,sid or svd for starter mod

Default vamo v3 ,5 ,sid or svd for starter mod

I'm looking at the vamo v3 and 5, sid and svd I would really like to know what is the best to start out with as a mod and the best set up to go with battery and charger wise

I own a SiD and I love it. I made the choice to get a SiD after reading the forums and watching the PBusardo review/comparison between it and a Z-Max. I chose it because of the clarity of the menu and the fact that it didn't perform any different from any of its competitors, such as the Z-Max and the Vamo. I think they are pretty much all the same, but you have to decide which is aesthetically better for you and which have the appropriate ranges for you as far as wattage and voltage. An added point for the SiD is the ability to switch out just the control head for cheap, if your mechanics stop working. Good luck making your choice! Watch a lot of YouTube videos. It helps.

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

I would suggest the SVD. I've owned all but the Vamo V5, and the build quality on the SVD is superior. It's also the only one I haven't had problems with.

For batteries and charger - get a Nitecore Intellicharger, either the i2 or i4. The main difference between the two is that the i2 has 2 charging banks, the i4 has 4. The i4 is usually available for around $20. Batteries, you can't go wrong with AW IMRs, eFest, Panisonic, or Samsung. Some folks also use Sonys. An SVD will take anywhere from an 18350 to an 18650. Those batteries will run you anywhere from $4 each to $15 each, depending on the size you choose and the brand you choose. I personally only run AW IMRs now, and they're fairly pricey as far as batteries go.

Vape on!

Nothing but N-E-T... Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisAinTX View Post
    I would suggest the SVD. I've owned all but the Vamo V5, and the build quality on the SVD is superior. It's also the only one I haven't had problems with.

For batteries and charger - get a Nitecore Intellicharger, either the i2 or i4. The main difference between the two is that the i2 has 2 charging banks, the i4 has 4. The i4 is usually available for around $20. Batteries, you can't go wrong with AW IMRs, eFest, Panisonic, or Samsung. Some folks also use Sonys. An SVD will take anywhere from an 18350 to an 18650. Those batteries will run you anywhere from $4 each to $15 each, depending on the size you choose and the brand you choose. I personally only run AW IMRs now, and they're fairly pricey as far as batteries go.

Vape on!
    Best advice here^^^. DO NOT go cheap on the batteries and charger! Buy quality batteries from a reputable vendor only and pay the few extra dollars. There are some vendors/dealers on ebay that are selling rebranded knock-off's that are not the battery you think your getting. They can fail... and when they do, people get hurt and property gets damaged! Shop Wisely!
    Last edited by UnclePsyko; 11-01-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Full Member Verified Member

I bought the SID about a week ago. So far, so good. I use Panasonic 18360 batteries, and have a Nitecore Intellicharger. Seems to be a decent setup for me at this time. Still so much to learn about.
    Last edited by ironcobra; 11-01-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnclePsyko View Post
    Best advice here^^^. DO NOT go cheap on the batteries and charger! Buy quality batteries from a reputable vendor only and pay the few extra dollars. There are some vendors/dealers on ebay that are selling rebranded knock-off's that are not the battery you think your getting. They can fail... and when they do, people get hurt and property gets damaged! Shop Wisely!
    I would also add advice I've seen from many people here - don't buy batteries or chargers with FIRE in the name. Just as a rule of thumb.
    Last edited by KrisAinTX; 11-01-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typos. time for more coffee.
    UnclePsyko and RedNBlack like this.

Full Member Verified Member

I bought the SVD kit from FastTech with 4 UltraFire 18650 batteries and a i4 charger and I love it! The SVD is by far better than other mods I have tried. The only think I would upgrade to a Chi Yu from an SVD. Get one!

Nothing but N-E-T... Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisAinTX View Post
    I would also add advice I've seen from many people here - don't buy batteries or chargers with FIRE in the name. Just as a rule of thumb.
    Well said Brotha!

don't play with fire!
    KrisAinTX likes this.

thanks for all the input everyone I guess the sid really is the vamo killer. Now I have to see it I can deal with the menu of the SVD or will the SID's menu win. And where should I order the SID or the SVD I was thinking fastech they seem to have the best pricing.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tg2add334 View Post
    thanks for all the input everyone I guess the sid really is the vamo killer. Now I have to see it I can deal with the menu of the SVD or will the SID's menu win. And where should I order the SID or the SVD I was thinking fastech they seem to have the best pricing.
    They also have slow shipping times, you need to weigh that in your decision, I placed an order with FastTech on 10-18 and I am not expecting it to my door till 11-18. Sometimes if you want it something faster you have to pay a little bit more, normally you can find things about $10 more than FastTech price unless it is a replica (clone).

Total Spent on E-cigs:$1538.18 I gave up the counting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast