Ejuice caused acid reflux / vomit like burn in nasal passage, help!? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ejuice caused acid reflux / vomit like burn in nasal passage, help!?

Super Member ECF Veteran

When I first started vaping and I had quit smoking, I ended up in the ER with my first GERD attack. It actually happened while I was at the dentist, and he thought I was having a heart attack.

I was told by the doctor that saw me ( not saying if he was right or wrong.. just what he told me..) that nicotine can upset the stomach's acids and also cause issues with your gall bladder due to the overproduction of bile. Might want to check in with your doctor, just in case it's something like this. GERD attacks aren't any fun at all and can lead to bigger issues in the future if not managed.

Quote Originally Posted by heroinesick View Post
    GERD attacks aren't any fun at all and can lead to bigger issues in the future if not managed.

Oh I know. I've lived with Acid Reflux for several years now. Soda seems to trigger it more than anything for me. I even have those middle of the night, wake up coughing and choking on stomach acid trips that are both terrifying and painful. This is the first time I've had an adverse nasal reaction to a vape tho. It was definitely unexpected.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran happydave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Vann View Post
    Started out with 0.6 on some juices, 1.1 on the others. I really did start extremely low. I was only a pack a day ultra light smoker to begin with.
    so it could be something you ate or so it could be something in the juice. its hard to say.
    "

Ultra Member ECF Veteran happydave's Avatar

Oh I know. I've lived with Acid Reflux for several years now. Soda seems to trigger it more than anything for me. I even have those middle of the night, wake up coughing and choking on stomach acid trips that are both terrifying and painful. This is the first time I've had an adverse nasal reaction to a vape tho. It was definitely unexpected.
    some people are allergic to PG. it does seem to mess with my throat a bit so i hardly ever use it.

The B&M shop I purchase from is mostly 70/30 PG/VG, so I know it's not a PG thing.
    happydave likes this.

My heartburn went away after 3 days or so. It seemed to go away when I switched from a 100% PG juice to a 50/50 blend.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I really wish they'd just all add or display all the ingredients that go into liquids, then the decision would not only be by PG/VG, nic and taste, but also how it affects your and my health....I mean people have all kinds of allergies and sensitivities....if they keep doing that somebody will insist on licensing juice brewers...that will also drive up the prices...and all other kind of stuff....yeah, I'm not very eloquent at times....sorry about that

Keep up the good vape!
    since 6/26/2013

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Although it doesn't say so on the bottle, I'm inclined to believe the flavoring had an alcohol preservative or something in it that I got an initial wind of. I agree with the airing out for a few days, which is what I've decided to try. It's supposed to be a belgian waffle flavor, which I really want to like, but if this happens again after a week of steeping, its going in the trash.
    Alcohol isn't used as a preservative in liquids, but it can be the carrier for flavorings. (Same as the vanilla extract in your kitchen.) I don't do EC Blends so I have no idea what flavorings they use. But chances are if it's a flavoring with an alcohol carrier you can smell it right off the bottle - you usually don't need to vape it to find out. The alcohol will dissipate with aging, but if you just got a newly mixed bottle... sounds like that is what's going on here.

I'm still a little confused about what happened. It sounds like you exhale through your nose and if the alcohol odor was a bit strong it overwhelmed your sense of smell.

In general, if I find that a liquids vendor is using alcohol based flavorings I don't usually like the liquids. And it some times takes weeks of aging to get that alcohol driven off the liquid. But that's me.

Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Just in case let that liquid sit for a couple of weeks with the cap off for a few days, this should dissipate the alcohol. And drink lots of water to help your symptoms. Also maybe use a nose rinse. Many on the market.

Vapeing for Freedom

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Were you using a new tank for the first time? If so, did you clean it first?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast