Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ejuice caused acid reflux / vomit like burn in nasal passage, help!?

Default Ejuice caused acid reflux / vomit like burn in nasal passage, help!?

I've been vaping for almost 4 months now, analog free, and I love it. Tonight, I got some new liquids in from ecblend, and although I'm aware they should be steeped initially, I wanted to try a few drops to see if I could get a hint of the flavor. Turns out, it had a fairly heavy chemical / alcohol taste/smell on the way out, and afterwards, all my other tanks/liquids are almost untasteable due to the sensation in my nasal passage that is quite similar to the feeling you get when you vomit through your nose uncontrollably (the stomach acid burn).

Did the liquid cause this? Was it a chemical issue? A temperature issue? I'm not sure, but I'm very curious how long this symptom will last. I just got an eVic today, and I can't enjoy the experience atm.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've never heard of anyone getting such a bad reaction to a juice. Definitely do not use that again this morning. It may be a reaction to something in the juice. Could be an allergy or sensitivity. No idea how long it will last. I'm thinking it won't be long, but as I said I've not heard of this before and I've been around for a while. Depends on the cause.
    Last edited by Ryedan; 11-01-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    COMPLETE THE FOURTH CALL TO ACTION BY CASAA HERE AND HELP STOP THE FDA FROM REGULATING VAPING AS WE KNOW IT OUT OF EXISTENCE !
    HERE'S THE STREAMLINED VERSION OF THE CALL FOR ACTION.
    THE DEADLINE IS AUG. 8.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I would email ecblend and let them know your experience. They probably could advise you much better than I can.

The chemical smell is not too unusual. I've noticed it before with a couple of juices too. What people do is leave the cap off and let the bottle air for a day or two. That usually makes a big difference.

But since you've had such a strong reaction to it I would be careful with the juice.
    COMPLETE THE FOURTH CALL TO ACTION BY CASAA HERE AND HELP STOP THE FDA FROM REGULATING VAPING AS WE KNOW IT OUT OF EXISTENCE !
    HERE'S THE STREAMLINED VERSION OF THE CALL FOR ACTION.
    THE DEADLINE IS AUG. 8.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I have heard of people getting heartburn or an acid reflux type reaction from a juice before. But not what you are describing. Put the juice aside for now. I can not vape something that smells or tastes like chemicals. It may need to air out a bit and then steep a while.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

Although it doesn't say so on the bottle, I'm inclined to believe the flavoring had an alcohol preservative or something in it that I got an initial wind of. I agree with the airing out for a few days, which is what I've decided to try. It's supposed to be a belgian waffle flavor, which I really want to like, but if this happens again after a week of steeping, its going in the trash.
    Ryedan and Talyon like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran happydave's Avatar

whats the flavor and strength? some juices do use a bit of grain alcohol (the stuff people drink) to break down natural flavorings to make them water soluble.

Quote Originally Posted by happydave View Post
    whats the flavor and strength? some juices do use a bit of grain alcohol (the stuff people drink) to break down natural flavorings to make them water soluble.
    Belgian Waffle Wizard, 50/50 0.6 nic. I have mostly moved on from the nicotine, so I get the minimal amount, just to keep any cravings at bay.

nicotine is an apatite suppressant. with out it your body will produce more stomach acid. 9 months off analogs and only vaping i really started to cut down my nicotine content i did experience really bad GI issues and heart burn all the time. after about a month it all cleared up. how long have you been using 6 MG per mL?

Started out with 0.6 on some juices, 1.1 on the others. I really did start extremely low. I was only a pack a day ultra light smoker to begin with.

if found 18 MG was perfect for me when i started vaping. now im using 2.5 MG per ML. the device i use produces loads of vapor. this is something you should consider because more vapor means your getting more nicotine per hit. i can vape 1 mL in about 10 minutes with out even trying.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast