Blow Up - Any Truth To The Rumor That E-Cig's can "Blow Up" ? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Blow Up - Any Truth To The Rumor That E-Cig's can "Blow Up" ?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Great, another thread title with somewhat NEGATIVE wording. Search is your friend.
    Protovapor XPV DNA20 x3, XPV DNA30x1
    Silver Bullet x8
    Fazedboxmods budget DNA20

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Steam Turbine's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkita6 View Post
    Don't be scared, just get educated, and don't act wrecklessly ...

The whole sub ohm thing ... I don't know why people need to go to such extremes. I mean, whatever happen to some good ole 100% VG juice dripped on a well made atty at normal resistance?? Were these clouds not good enough?? ... I think they were.

I will probably get a Mech Mod soon, but there will be no sub ohm vaping for me .. I have safe chemistry batts that are capable of a 25A draw, which makes me feel extra safe being that I don't ever require more than 2.5A with the way that I vape.
    I'm not telling people to jump head first into sub ohming.... But a safe sub ohm coil is a very easy and possible thing to do.
    Myk and Ryedan like this.

Because Smoke, is a Bad Vape!

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by asf146 View Post
    How to Use a Lipo Safe Battery Charging Bag

check these out... i use one just in case
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoHog View Post
    I'd think these could cause the charger circuits to overheat because they reduce the air flow around it.
    Good point NicoHog. I have a lipo charging bag that I bought for use with my model airplane lipo packs. The difference with those batteries compared to ours is that they have a wiring harness attached which my charger's wiring harness plugs into. That means there is a cable between the charger and the battery pack so the pack goes into the bag, without the charger.

I tried once putting my Xtar WP2 charger at 500 mA into the bag and it worked out fine. I suspect the charger must have got a bit warmer at least in there, but it was not significant. Now the Xtar is a good little charger and the temperature rise is only a few degrees without the bag, so I wouldn't assume this to be the case with all chargers.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Deleted. Already covered in this thread.
    Last edited by Ryedan; 11-02-2013 at 02:12 AM.

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Treekiller View Post
    Lipo charging bags are a good idea; they are a bit of an inconvenience, but worth the extra hassle. A bit off topic; but still relevant...I own a micro helicopter and purchased extra high end batteries for said copter. One day while charging all the batteries I noticed that a few has swollen, I decided best to set aside and replace them. On the trip to get replacements I noticed that my pocket I had put the batteries in was terribly warm. When I arrived at the store I showed the batteries to the owner and said me thinks these are in a bad way, you may want to put these in the metal container. He grabbed them noting how hot they were and gently tossed them into the safety container they use to dispose of batteries (just emptied that morning thank goodness) and when he tossed them into the container they caught on fire.

Now I ALWAYS charge lipo batteries in a safety bag, be it the helicopter or the e-cig batteries, I do however use the laptop in the standard way. I have heard that these bags are not the best of the best for safety, but they beat nothing. Should a blow out happen at least it is mostly contained in the bag and less likely to burn through the counter or floor. I have thought of making a safety container of my own using a fire proof safe and some fire proofing compound where the cord would enter just haven't found time.
    Question..when they swelled up..where you "fast charging" them?

Most if not all e-cig batteries are a very low charge at CC/CV, Li Ion are chemically designed to slow charge and FAST discharge, pushing too much voltage or too much current can result in a vent
    Nikkita6, Baditude and pianman6954 like this.

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

Quote Originally Posted by Steam Turbine View Post
    Most of every things are mechs and rba's, they have a tiny section of VV stuff and some clearos.

I bought a King mod and a Kayfun Lite right off the shelf:

-Thank you sir... Have a nice day!

No warnings.... no making sure I knew what I was doing. Disappointing.
    This is exactly the kind of thing I get concerned about in vape shops....

Not long ago I went into a shop where almost all the mods on display were mechs. All the staff members I've seen vaping were vaping mechs. I got into a brief conversation with an employee about tanks. He prefers plastic because he's broken a glass one, I prefer glass because I don't want to worry about juices that might damage plastic. That's when I learned he'd never heard that there are juices that may damage plastic tanks. And I thought, This person advises people about batteries. Or doesn't. Either way, I'm kinda uncomfortable about that. I realize that he may know a helluva lot about batteries and just not use very many different juices, but it still worried at me....
    Nikkita6 and Baditude like this.

9/8/13 Magneto/Sig8W/MVP2
    VGan/PG-Free: ECF members with PG allergies

Full Member Verified Member CanIPlayWithMadness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tj99959 View Post
    Here's the difference:

A few years ago some Colgate electric toothbrushes blew up .......... result ......... Colgate toothbrushes manufactured between xxxx and xxxx were recalled.

This year a couple of ego clones blew up ........... result ........... nothing, except e-cigs get a black eye. The CPSC chooses to ignore any safety related issues with e-cigs because of FDA involvement.

The irony of it all is that the regulations needed to insure that we have safe products have existed for a long-long time, all they need is to be enforced! ........... by the proper agencies!!!!!
    Yes. This makes sense, I am not surprised.

The reason I started this thread was because I am completely new to this whole vaping E-Cig stuff. Total newbie.

You guys should have seen the questions I had when I first got my new computer with Windows 98. Phew. Thank god this isn't nearly as annoying and screwed up as Win 98.

Also, because a friend asked the question and I had no idea so I thought that I would ask all of you.

So, thanks again, guys.

Myk

Quote Originally Posted by CanIPlayWithMadness View Post
    You guys should have seen the questions I had when I first got my new computer with Windows 98. Phew. Thank god this isn't nearly as annoying and screwed up as Win 98.
    I had to call my sister and ask which way the CD went in.
    williegntx likes this.

$2453 spent on ecigs. Join http://www.casaa.org/ protect your ability to vape.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myk View Post
    I had to call my sister and ask which way the CD went in.
    And all this time I thought that was a cup holder.

"IF vaping flavored e-juice is a gateway to cigarettes - pot - hard drugs;
    then flavored water is a gateway to pop, beer, wine, and hard liquor."---skydivntrkr
    Agree!

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meatshanks View Post
    i think i would put it in a bucket of water or a cup of water... dont know how that would work...
    Water with these batteries will make a bad situation a catastrophe!

"IF vaping flavored e-juice is a gateway to cigarettes - pot - hard drugs;
    then flavored water is a gateway to pop, beer, wine, and hard liquor."---skydivntrkr
    Agree!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456