aspire vivi nova BDC tank, my experience - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aspire vivi nova BDC tank, my experience

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

When I first got mine I was at the same time pleased and not pleased.

Before the Aspires I was only using carto tank set ups. I also have used a PT2, which I didn't like too much.

The aspire does put out a lot of vapor, but it is a cooler vapor than cartos. It has good flavor but it is a different flavor. I have loaded up a few complex flavor mixes in both the Aspire and carto tank, and they taste different. Each system brought out different flavors from the same ejuice. So that is interesting. Just takes some getting used to. I like the flavor of certain juices better in the Aspire. Some in the carto tanks better.

I am having a few of the problems others have reported.

A few of my coils would not fire on
    My mod without a lot of fiddling around. Inconsistent. Most coils work fine right out of the box.

The other problem I have experienced was that the coil gurgled and spit hot juice when the tank gets low. At about 1/3 filled or at the level where the coil meets the upper tube. This doesn't always happen. But it has happened often enough to make me think it is a normal issue with these BDC coils. Again. Just something to get used to.

The other thing that bugs me a bit is that you can't fill the tank all the way up. Because of the inner tube you can only fill it about 2/3 full. SO with the gurgling at 1/3 full and only being able to fill 2/3 full, you can only Vape 1/3 the juice in the tank before having to refill. That is a lot more fiddling than with a carto tank. Another adjustment to make.

The one thing I really like is how easy it is to clean the coils. Soak in alcohol for a while. Soak in hot or boiling water for a bit. Air dry. Ready to go again. Nice.

I also think the Vivi Nova Pyrex version of these Aspires look great on my Provari mini. The size matches perfectly with the top cap without a beauty ring.

I am going to keep the Aspires in
    My daily rotation with my carto tanks. They do require a bit more fiddling but the Vape is pleasing and I like how they look.

Tapatalking with my thumbs.
    Join the CASAA.
    Protect your Vaping Rights!

.....................................ONE LIFE LENGTHENED............................

Quote Originally Posted by BernieVideo View Post
    I also think the Vivi Nova Pyrex version of these Aspires look great on my Provari mini. The size matches perfectly with the top cap without a beauty ring.
    You are still able to get proper airflow on a Provari? On my mini I get a little bit of airflow but at that point the Aspire is more loose than I like. I am thinking of taking a dremel to the bottom of it for some Protank-like airflow channels.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by abandonhope View Post
    You are still able to get proper airflow on a Provari? On my mini I get a little bit of airflow but at that point the Aspire is more loose than I like. I am thinking of taking a dremel to the bottom of it for some Protank-like airflow channels.
    Yes I do. Sometimes I loosen it just a bit, a quarter turn maybe.

But I would think cutting an air channel to the bottom plate of the Aspire is a fine idea. The only thing is, if you make it too much, then you cant alter, or adjust it.

Let us know how that works.

.....................................ONE LIFE LENGTHENED............................

Quote Originally Posted by BernieVideo View Post
    The only thing is, if you make it too much, then you cant alter, or adjust it.
    Yes that IS the rub. I'm going to finish the current tank before I do any modifications. If I do go the dremel route I planned on one channel the width of the cutting wheel to start with.

I will post back when I do it.

ECF Veteran

Default aspire vivi nova BDC tank, my experience

Screwed up this post
    Last edited by BernieVideo; 12-26-2013 at 09:04 AM.

ECF Veteran

Default aspire vivi nova BDC tank, my experience

Then I saw this. Not as pretty as the Vivi, but air control.....

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=8579

Tapatalking with my thumbs.
    Join the CASAA.
    Protect your Vaping Rights!
    Last edited by BernieVideo; 12-26-2013 at 09:05 AM.

I just got my aspire vivi today ( yay vapemail!) Along with a box of coils and so far I'm very happy with it. My all day vape is juicy clear raspberry tobacco, lately I've been primarily using iclears but I think I might have a new favorite tank. The flavor seems to be more pronounced and complex in this new tank, although the coil in the iclear is over 2 months old and I think it's on its way out so it may not be a fair comparison. I'll have to throw a new coil on the iclear and do a proper comparison. Either way though, happy with the aspire. I usually don't like bottom coil tanks as I find the flavor too muted but the extra coil in the aspire definitely kicks up the flavor a notch, and the vapor is a lot warmer than it is in my protanks and evods. I definitely recommend the aspire. Easy to use, well built, great vape.

Those nautilus tanks definitely look cool, but ouch are they expensive. After shipping you're looking at $50 tank almost. Wouldn't want to lose that thing!

Does anyone have the company contact info for who makes the Aspire BDC. I love the tank but I have bought 4 tanks so far and everyone of them have sheared the base off. This is the only tank that has done this to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12