Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Pleas help! I spilled 100mg nic on my hand

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I've got it on my hands with no noticeable effects. As long as you wash it off right away and it isn't over a large area of skin you'll be fine.
    My biggest worry is dropping it or something an getting splashed all down the front of me. I open the bottle in the sink and don't pick it back up till the lid is on.

100mg is 100mg/1ml

Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Sometimes we forget that 18ml nic is really 1.8% and 24 nic is 2.4% and 48 is 4.8% etc so 100ml nic is 10.0%.

I'd say just a good wash should be fine. Don't let yourself get too worked up or you might placebo yourself.

Nicotine is a weak base with a pKa of 8.0. In its ionized state, such as in acidic environments, nicotine does not rapidly cross membranes. In conventional smoking, nicotine reaches brain in 10-20 sec with a t1/2 of ca. 10 hr, but the kinetics of nicotine absorption are quite different as a function of route of administration. The LD50 of ca. 50 mg/kg applies to both rats and humans (one and the same in some instances), and such studies often involve chronic dosing of nicotine base over time. Recent studies have shown that toxicity in humans may be much greater than previously estimated. The nicotine poisoning study of Lockhart in 1933 indeed concluded absorption from skin in humans, and there is also evidence of toxicity in tobacco plant workers subjected to chronic exposure. However, absorption, pharmacology and toxicology are relative. It may be instructive that ~2 mg inhaled nicotine yields Cmax of 20-60 ng/ml within 3-5 min (!), whereas 21 mg nicotine exposure in a transdermal patch reaches lower nicotine levels in blood (<20 ng/ml) in a substantially longer period of time (~10 hr). I absolutely agree with your guiding principles on safety, especially since skin exposure i.e., skin patches ranging from 10-20 mg is known to cause rashes and allergic reactions. Accordingly, it appears that a single acute skin exposure especially in the absence of adverse events (dizziness, nausea, vomiting) does not represent the same risk as exposure via other routes e.g., oral, sublingual, intranasal, pulmonary).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345