Terrible kit experience - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Terrible kit experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stroupe View Post
    This is my first post! But anyways, I recently just bought a new setup from a local vape shop here in Knoxville. I got the Vamo v3 with the Kanger Protank 2. The vamo 510 threading is terrible, period. My cartos and tanks wouldnt screw in properly or even screw in at all. Took it back and got a new one and it's doing it also. And now my pro tank is gurgling and leaking in the mouthpiece terribly, but only when half full. If it's full it works fine. Which is rediculous. I love Knoxville vapor and they are great people and I'm not blaming them at all.
    As far as the Vamo goes, the poor threading has been a known issue through all versions. The remedy is to use a 510/510 adapter, 510/510 ego adapter or a tank airflow control.

Tank Airflow Control

Screw one of those into the Vamo and leave it. Then, just use the adapter to attach your attys. The Vamo's threads are soft brass, the tafc is stainless, the 510 adapters alloy/brass.

This is my first post! But anyways, I recently just bought a new setup from a local vape shop here in Knoxville. I got the Vamo v3 with the Kanger Protank 2. The vamo 510 threading is terrible, period. My cartos and tanks wouldnt screw in properly or even screw in at all. Took it back and got a new one and it's doing it also. And now my pro tank is gurgling and leaking in the mouthpiece terribly, but only when half full. If it's full it works fine. Which is rediculous. I love Knoxville vapor and they are great people and I'm not blaming them at all.
    As far as the Vamo goes, the poor threading has been a known issue through all versions. The remedy is to use a 510/510 adapter, 510/510 ego adapter or a tank airflow control.

Tank Airflow Control

Screw one of those into the Vamo and leave it. Then, just use the adapter to attach your attys. The Vamo's threads are soft brass, the tafc is stainless, the 510 adapters alloy/brass.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNBlack View Post
    Welcome Stroupe to the ECF,

You have any other battery to try the Pro Tank on? It may be the threads on the tank, and not the Vamo.
    Some new tanks do not have the coils seated properly, which may lead to gurgling and leaking.
    If it is missing some of the silicon o rings, it will not seat properly also.
    It's definitely not the battery cause it fits perfectly fine on my ego c twist. And also the pro tank isn't the only one that screws on awkwardly.

Okay thanks. I've heard of this remedy. I think I'm gonna give it a try because besides the threading I love my vamo! Hopefully the airflow control will crew on snug.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The vamo is known for having threading issues. I suggest you get yourself a more simple setup like a spinner/winder or an MVP2 and a few different toppers you can see what is going to work for you. Sometimes simple is better when first starting out. It took me well over a month to figure out what the whole ohms law and volts/watts really meant for a good vape. You need reliable, dependable equipment to start with. Maybe even just a 510 dripping atty so you can take it a little slower. That is what worked for me. I don't know what your level to techie-ness is. Mine is zero.

Welcome to ECF. You will find a lot of help here. I suggest you go to the apv forum and do some reading up on your vamo and the different toppers available to you so when you do decide if you want to trade that vamo in, you have an idea of what will work for you. You will be fine. There is a fairly steep learning curve to this.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

Super Member ECF Veteran

See, told ya help would be along soon! Whatever you decide to do don't give up, it'll be worth it in the long run.

Super Member ECF Veteran Ronald3638's Avatar

If its the protank 1 try holding with the drip tip at your thumb and the 510 connector between your forefinger and middle finger and squeeze if the top and bottom sections have started to separate from the glass tank you should feel them tighten up and you may hear a click, that may fix your leaky protank if its the version 1.

Protank Fix.jpg

It seems that Kangertech had a problem with the latest run of protanks, I showed this trick to the owner of a local vape shop and he had 4 out of 10 that were like this.

It's the protank 2

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

make sure the heads are tightened down, that can cause gurgling, non-Kanger heads can do it too (but I'm guessing that's not the case, since you just bought it and 2 of them come with the tank)
    Nikkita6 likes this.

Keep up the good vape!
    since 6/26/2013

Yeah the heads are definitely tightened. People have said it has something to do with the pressure in the tank. Which is why it only does it when the liquids half empty

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast