Terrible kit experience
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Terrible kit experience

Default Terrible kit experience

This is my first post! But anyways, I recently just bought a new setup from a local vape shop here in Knoxville. I got the Vamo v3 with the Kanger Protank 2. The vamo 510 threading is terrible, period. My cartos and tanks wouldnt screw in properly or even screw in at all. Took it back and got a new one and it's doing it also. And now my pro tank is gurgling and leaking in the mouthpiece terribly, but only when half full. If it's full it works fine. Which is rediculous. I love Knoxville vapor and they are great people and I'm not blaming them at all.
    Ronald3638 and Nikkita6 like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Can't help with the vamo, don't have one. But the protank, probably just needs a good clean and dry burn.

Its brand new. Did it as soon as I opened the box and filled it up. Googled stuff about it, and that's where I learned to keep it full. But who wants to walk around with a bottle of liquid on them? That's the point of the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwaterski View Post
    Can't help with the vamo, don't have one. But the protank, probably just needs a good clean and dry burn.
    Its brand new. Did it as soon as I opened the box and filled it up. Googled stuff about it, and that's where I learned to keep it full. But who wants to walk around with a bottle of liquid on them? That's the point of the tank.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Probably need to send it to me to look at! Really I don't know then, obviously flooding for some reason, mine starts doing that when the coil gets gunked up. Otherwise works great. Probably be someone along with better ideas soon though.

I've even put different heads in it and they all do it. Bout to take it all back to the vape shop and tell them I want to use it all as credit towards a better mod (which they said they could do.)
    Burnie likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stroupe View Post
    Then the head is faulty. Just swap the head head out and it should be fine. If you want to pull the faulty head apart and re-arrange the flavour wicks it will probably fix the problem. There should be four little flavour wicks in there.

Make sure you have spares for the heads. I recommend 2.2 ohm heads and run them at 6 - 6.5 watts as per the Kanger instruction card that came with the Protank.

ETA: I see you say you've changed the head already. Is this an original protank with "Kangertech mini Protank II" etched on bottom chromed ring? Original heads?
    Last edited by fabricator4; 11-02-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    Chris, Fidalgo of Fabrication, Viscount of Vapeonly, Duke of Downunder.
    Tobacco free since 15th March 2013. If I could stop buying hardware I might actually save some money.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Then the head is faulty. Just swap the head head out and it should be fine. If you want to pull the faulty head apart and re-arrange the flavour wicks it will probably fix the problem. There should be four little flavour wicks in there.

Make sure you have spares for the heads. I recommend 2.2 ohm heads and run them at 6 - 6.5 watts as per the Kanger instruction card that came with the Protank.
    Read my post above ^ we replied at the same time. It's not the head cause ive replaced it. And I'm no where experienced enough yet to be taking the heads apart yet.

Welcome Stroupe to the ECF,

You have any other battery to try the Pro Tank on? It may be the threads on the tank, and not the Vamo.
    Some new tanks do not have the coils seated properly, which may lead to gurgling and leaking.
    If it is missing some of the silicon o rings, it will not seat properly also.
    RubyRoo likes this.

Vape 'em if ya got 'em.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stroupe View Post
    Read my post above ^ we replied at the same time. It's not the head cause ive replaced it. And I'm no where experienced enough yet to be taking the heads apart yet.
    It's not difficult, just remove the rubber cap, hold the head in a clean cloth and snap the top chimney part off the bottom part where the wicks are. Use tweazers to separate the the four flavour wicks and pop them back in there. The wicks need to be fluffed up enough to seal any gaps that juice leaks through. Unusual to get two dud heads in a row but not out of the question. I reckon about 1 in 4 factory heads are questionable no matter what manufacturer. There's also other factors - if the juice is very thin - almost watery then it might cause a flooding problem. Higher temperatures will also make the juice more watery. Higher VG juices are thicker.

I think the coils have to be made by hand, so there's always the human factor involved.

Yes, it's always advisable to boil new heads before you use them.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 11-02-2013 at 02:43 AM.
    Chris, Fidalgo of Fabrication, Viscount of Vapeonly, Duke of Downunder.
    Tobacco free since 15th March 2013. If I could stop buying hardware I might actually save some money.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast