Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Sick

Full Member Verified Member

Default Sick

Anyone notice themselves getting colds more often from vaping? And also them cold staying around longer. I used to never get sick and now that i've been vaping I seem to get the cold more often and for longer. I haven't been able to rule out my walking germ of a 4 yr old yet. A co worker told me about an article he read about vaping being able to carry more germs. I usually dont believe most of what I read from anti-vapers but just wanted to get your opinions.

Hi acollaro. How long have you been vaping for? I started almost eight weeks ago, and during the first month I felt pretty crap (coughing, tiredness and sore throat) but I think that was down to quitting smoking after 20 years. If I vape too much, I tend to feel really really tired and lethargic, especially if I forget to drink lots of water. I'm only just now getting into a 'routine' with vaping and have cut down the amount I was using when I started, and not vaping high nic just before bed. I've felt quite a bit more alert the last week or so. Maybe take some Vitamin C for a while and see how you feel? I take it every day and hardly ever get a cold - touch wood!

Ultra Member Verified Member Mark Anthony's Avatar

I can't say that I have... Haven't been sick since I started anyway.

Thanks I've been vaping now for about 18 months. Switched from analogs and couldnt be happier, now only if I can get my wife to switch. I used to use 24 but now im down to 18mg and i make my own so it could really be a little bit lower or higher. I do constantly have my e cig in my mouth. I go through about two 18350 900mah batteries and two evod fills a day.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It could be the Pg to Vg ration of your juice ... when I first started vaping I used PG only juice and that was a bad idea for me .. it made me feel like crap, headaches, dizziness, dry throat ... I tolerate juices with a higher VG ratio better, and I don`t vape anything with more than 50% PG. This may, or may not be your issue, but if you use high PG juices then consider it ... whatever it is, I hope you figure it out.

And the over the counter cold aid Airborne is a miracle worker, especially if you are around children a lot .. I take it at least once a month, twice a month when I am teaching the little one`s, and once every three hours when I actually catch a cold ... which doesn`t happen anymore because I take it once a month

And in the beginning I did have a lot of flem and coughing but after the first month or so I've felt pretty good physically.

i make my juices 70/30 but thinking about moving to a 50/50 to get more flavor. And airborne is a godsend. thanks.

Completely unbiased confession:

I have not gotten a cold since starting vaping over smoking. Only been on a PV for about 6 months, but can confirm 100% that my sinus infections, skin blemishes, and many other negative health problems have reduced or disappeared since quitting smoking.

I have 2 kids in public school, ex smoker of 17+ years. No signs of bronchitis this year.. Yet.
    Rathamar, Btsmokincat and acollaro like this.

Anyone else getting a cold or is it just me.

No colds here after 1 1/2 years of vaping.
    jefsview likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast