How often should you clean?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How often should you clean?

Default How often should you clean?

Hello fellow Vapors!

I use the eVod tank on an ego-t upgrade. I tend to get a burnt taste frequently and I have recently changed the heating coil so I do not feel like that is the cause.

I have seen people talk about cleaning the tanks and coils and what not. Can anyone explain how often you should clean your tank and what method are you using to clean your device/tank? Such as filling a cup of vodka and let soak etc...

Thank you.

Also, any help with the burnt taste would be appreciated.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran happydave's Avatar

I clean my evod out after every 15 mL I just dump it out and rinse the tank. The coils seem to last a few weeks so I just chuck them in a box soon I would build the arc welder required to make proper coils for it. Most importantly you should run at least a 80% VG 20% PG mix in the bottom coil tank setups I think 50/50 works the best IMO
    Last edited by happydave; 11-14-2013 at 08:38 PM.

What voltage does the battery run at? I have a Vision Spinner with the evod tank, and the only time I get burnt flavors is when I have the voltage set too high (usually > 4.3 V on a 1.8 ohm coil).

Quote Originally Posted by happydave View Post
    I clean my evod out after every 15 mL I just dump it out and rinse the tank. The coils seem to last a few weeks so I just chuck them in a box soon I would build the arc welder required to make proper coils for it. Most importantly you should run at least a 80% VG 20% PG mix in the bottom coil tank setups I think 50/50 works the best IMO
    Is there any specific reason why you say use a 80% vg and 20% pg mix?

Still trying to understand everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo the Great View Post
    Is there any specific reason why you say use a 80% vg and 20% pg mix?

Still trying to understand everything.
    VG is thicker than PG... PG is much more viscous and flows better keeping the coil wet and getting decent air flow are what keeps the coil cool and helps prevent burning

Quote Originally Posted by timshead View Post
    What voltage does the battery run at? I have a Vision Spinner with the evod tank, and the only time I get burnt flavors is when I have the voltage set too high (usually > 4.3 V on a 1.8 ohm coil).
    3.7v on a 1.8 ohm

I clean my tank and coil between each juice change on my ProTanks. The Evod tanks don't get that kind of love, unfortunately, but I don't use them much. I actually shake up some vodka in my glass tanks to get rid of the oil residue but just rinse the coil. Then I drop a bit of juice on the coil before dropping it in.

happydave likes this.

3.7 vdc at 1.8 ohms should be fine. When you screw the tank on to the battery make sure it's not very tight you want it barely snug on the battery just enough so the electrical connections make contact. This will give you the best airflow

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit Chaser View Post
    I clean my tank and coil between each juice change on my ProTanks. The Evod tanks don't get that kind of love, unfortunately, but I don't use them much. I actually shake up some vodka in my glass tanks to get rid of the oil residue but just rinse the coil. Then I drop a bit of juice on the coil before dropping it in.

That's a good point how long are you letting the coil soak ? Are you letting the wick soak before you fire it try taking some dry hits off of it before you fire it. You can also put your finger over the bottom hole and pull a strong vacuum by taking a dry hit this will help soak the coil

Ultra Member Verified Member vaperature's Avatar

1.8 ohms is too low for an evod. You're really talking about pretty much the cheapest and most finicky tank out there. I'm not saying it's not a good tank, I own two of them, but don't expect it to function like even the slightly more expensive protank II Mini. You might try a 2.4 or even a 2.8 and if you have VV you can adjust it. Clean the tank each and every time you change flavors. You may think, oh, my lemon will mix well with my orange, so I won't clean the tank. No, quite possibly the two flavors won't mix right and gunk up your coil. Also with the evod, don't screw anything on too tightly, just snugly. The tighter you screw on that head to the tank the more that rubber gasket gets pushed over the wicks and that can keep it from being properly saturated. Also, let the juice steep for a while. They say a few minutes but with the evod, let it sit upright in the tank for an hour or two to let the juice saturate the wicks. Otherwise your first couple of puffs will be great but the juice won't catch up and you'll end up dry hitting and burning, and if you burn too much you can corrupt your juice with the burnt taste and then you'll still get the burnt taste no matter what you try until you wash everything out once again. New vapers like myself tend to play around with their equipment too often. My advice is, clean everything out really good, fill up the tank to maximum, and when you get a good vape don't mess with anything until the tank is empty, don't fiddle with anything, be glad it's working properly and don't mess up the balance. Want a different flavor juice, get some more tanks. I have five tanks now with five of my favorite flavors in them working excellently and I'd almost rather just buy another tank than mess with the equilibrium.

Oh, and how to clean, I have yet to have a problem using warm water and paper towels and a dry burn, that is if you haven't completely over used it between washings, gunking everything up, which might require vodka or something, I don't know--I don't do that.
    Last edited by vaperature; 11-14-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast