Aspire BDC vs Protank 3 review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Aspire BDC vs Protank 3 review

Full Member Verified Member mculley47's Avatar

Default Aspire BDC vs Protank 3 review

Soooo, seeing as how these two are the hot .... right now, I thought I'd give my thoughts. I know VapingwithTwisted did a review on this battle, but there's a few things I'd like to add, and give my experience.

First off, these both are the best clearos I've tried hands down. So I am now a dual coil believer. I've been chain vaping both of these the last few days. They're kinda the same, but kinda different too.

The aspire is a very warm vape. The 1.8ohm at 4.3v is just about perfect. It occasionally starts muting the flavor if you vape it too fast. The plastic nova also gets a little leaky somehow. If you like a warm, flavorful vape, BUY THIS NOW.

I'm not a Kanger fan boy, but I have to say that the protank 3 is my favorite. The flavor is even better than the Aspire, and the throat hit is bad .... It's a little cooler vape, but I like that. I really don't get how some people have given it bad reviews. It's handled every juice perfectly. I vape the 2.0ohm at 4.5v. I have a few other protanks, and I promise this is the best.

In conclusion, anybody that uses clearos needs to purchase these two. I thing single coil clearos will be obsolete by next year, and these duals will be the standard. After you buy these and love them, you can thank me by sending me a mech mod cause that's what I'm shopping for right now haha jk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    shelleyb and Sweetab like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Nice write up, thanks! I've been considering the PT3, but since it can get a little leaky, the Aspire is out ...

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the review and advise. I have been looking at both and plan on picking up a pt3 this week. I have been a pt2 fan thus far.

Juice Maker Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I haven't tried the Aspire, and it continues to get mixed reviews. I like the Protank and the iClear30s as my two favorite clearos. Your 2 Ohm, 4.3 volt vape is a little higher at 9.2 watts than I normally use. Juice has a lot to do with the wattage used and personal preference. I like to vape with clearos around 6.5 to 7.5 watts. YMMV. thank you for the review. Very nice. Good job. Welcome to the forum.
    Sweetab likes this.
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill's Magic Vapor View Post
    I haven't tried the Aspire, and it continues to get mixed reviews. I like the Protank and the iClear30s as my two favorite clearos. Your 2 Ohm, 4.3 volt vape is a little higher at 9.2 watts than I normally use. Juice has a lot to do with the wattage used and personal preference. I like to vape with clearos around 6.5 to 7.5 watts. YMMV. thank you for the review. Very nice. Good job. Welcome to the forum.
    I wouldn't go that high on single coil clearos. Pt2 I usually vape at about 3.9v. I have an iclear 30 but not the s. Mine has such a tight draw!

Sweetab likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I also prefer dual coil. I really enjoy the iclear 30. Do you like it? I also tried the aspire. It requires me to pull the pin each time I use it, but it does give good flavor. I will try the pt3 upon your review, if it's good I'll consider your prize

Thanks for the review, and welcome to the forum!
    I vape therefore I am ~ It's a vape thing...you wouldn't understand!-Provari Mini-chi you clone-itaste v3-itaste mvp1&2-many colors ego twists,ego vv/v3, Sigelei Legend,Hammer,Nemi clone.Gourmet e-juice afficianado.Vaping for 3+ years

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetab View Post
    I also prefer dual coil. I really enjoy the iclear 30. Do you like it? I also tried the aspire. It requires me to pull the pin each time I use it, but it does give good flavor. I will try the pt3 upon your review, if it's good I'll consider your prize

Thanks for the review, and welcome to the forum!
    I have tried it. It's just ok for me. Wanna try the 30s though. So which mod are you giving me? Lol

Using Tapatalk

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have had my Aspire BDC for about 3 weeks now, and I think there are really only 3 minor issues that I have found, and none of them are truly show stoppers, at least for me.

1. Cannot fill entirely, due to space at top (when flipped for filling) reserved for length of coil package.
    2. No mater what drip tip I use, it seems to gather a lot of moisture between the tip and the bottom of the well the tip fits in. Maybe my tips just are not "bottoming out" enough.
    3. Paint at the bottom has been wearing and chipping due to small amounts of liquid. Purely aesthetic, doesn't bother me.

Have not tried the PT3, starting to move to RBAs and RDAs.
    "Star Trek is the future we should be aiming for, but Star Wars will probably be the future we'll have.

Full Member Verified Member

Thanks for that review. I been thinking about the PT3 for a while now, may have to order one soon!

Full Member Supporting Member CrunkVA's Avatar

I agree, the Kanger Protank 3 is great. Haven't had any gurgling or leaking issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast