Poll on vaping in the workplace - Page 2

View Poll Results: Vaping in the workplace - what are you allowed to do?

Voters
394. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can vape at work. Any time, any place.

156 39.59%
  • I can only vape during breaks

92 23.35%
  • I'm not allowed to vape at work at all

29 7.36%
  • I'm self-employed, so I vape when I please

58 14.72%
  • I only vape at home

3 0.76%
  • Other, tell us below

56 14.21%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Poll on vaping in the workplace

Full Member Verified Member DisKid's Avatar

I work from home so I vape all day long
    [SIGPIC]

Super Member ECF Veteran H Niemand's Avatar

I work with a bunch of smokers in a privately owned company. The owner smokes. So, I vape everywhere trying to give them the hint.

I work from home, so I chain vape throughout the day. Didn't start vaping until about 3 weeks ago, but if I was still working the office, I can guarantee vaping would not be allowed. Too many people at the office complained about the air freshener in the bathroom or perfume or just about anything they could.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The question has never been brought up at my company. The owners are never here and I am the operational manager. So I decided that as long as we have no clients in the building then it is ok for me to vape at my desk as I please. My employees don't mind at all. I obviously asked them first so as not to put myself in a tough position. Most of them even like the smell of my liquids. I just try not to blow huge clouds while in the office.

Senior Member Verified Member JayEatsAirplane's Avatar

I vape all day at my desk. Supervisor doesn't care as long as we don't have visitors (managers and the like) and it doesn't bother other employees. For the most part it's just me and him in the office all day anyways.

PV Master Verified Member edyle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I mostly still step outside with a cup of tea like I used to with regualar cigarettes.

I might take a brief innocuous puff at my desk.

If there happens to be somebody unfamiliar around the place I wouldn't do anything that looks like smoking in the office.

Vaping is not allowed in the main open section of my office building, but I work in IT so I vape in my lab and server rooms which only myself and another systems administrator have access to. There are several other vapers in the building, so we've also setup a small "vape lounge" in an unused office.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Right now the last 2 places I worked sorta turned a blind eye to it. So we don't whip it out and vape anyplace. Mainly my coworkers and managers wanna see me stay a non smoker and other folks are starting to go vape too. I know it will come to an end at some point.

Vape On Mighty Piglet!!!

Full Member Verified Member SnTx4's Avatar

My car is my office, I just vape the night away.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'm in retail ATM so vaping in front of people would not be acceptable. Basically, I stay under the radar and sneak a stealth vape when no-one is looking. I never raised the issue with management and as far as I know there are no other vapers on the floor. I did not and will not make an issue of it. It's possible that people have seen me sneak a vape, but since there's no visible vapour no-one has objected.

As long as you don't throw it in people's faces and use some common sense I find you can do whatever you please. I think, and would like to see, social customs solidify along these lines. If everyone uses common sense this may eventuate. If we make a big deal about blowing clouds in places where it is inappropriate or rude to do so, then Mrs Grundy is going to come down hard.

I have a double strength nicotine in menthol flavour which I use at work and I'm perfectly fine with that. It certainly beats having to go outside like I used to when I was smoking, and a mini Protank of double strength lasts me nearly a week. I'm probably on CCTV stealth vaping, and may be questioned about it at some point. I shall explain that it's an inhaler since that is essentially the way I am using it.
    navigator2011 likes this.
    Chris, Fidalgo of Fabrication, Viscount of Vapeonly, Duke of Downunder.
    Tobacco free since 15th March 2013. If I could stop buying hardware I might actually save some money.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast