Tell me what the deal with this clearomizer is?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tell me what the deal with this clearomizer is?

Default Tell me what the deal with this clearomizer is?

So I might have been talked into a tank I don't really need. I had been happy with my t3s and evod on my ego twist but last weekend I broke my t3s on some tile floor and went to this new brick or mortar I've found in Raleigh and he convinced me instead of a t3s to go with this vapeonly dual coil because the dual coils would help me with the clouds I told him I wanted! Now I can't find a single review about one of these here and I tried vaping a few times and was intensely disappointed! But then my batt died because I didn't charge it over night! So now I'm waiting to charge but in the mean time have been trying to research my new toy and can't find a thing! Any tips reviews advice on my first non kanger tank would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if matters but the tank also says ce5-s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Member Supporting Member angstless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flamesonfire View Post
    So I might have been talked into a tank I don't really need. I had been happy with my t3s and evod on my ego twist but last weekend I broke my t3s on some tile floor and went to this new brick or mortar I've found in Raleigh and he convinced me instead of a t3s to go with this vapeonly dual coil because the dual coils would help me with the clouds I told him I wanted! Now I can't find a single review about one of these here and I tried vaping a few times and was intensely disappointed! But then my batt died because I didn't charge it over night! So now I'm waiting to charge but in the mean time have been trying to research my new toy and can't find a thing! Any tips reviews advice on my first non kanger tank would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if matters but the tank also says ce5-s

Well, first off, I have two batteries...to assure I am never without...but I cannot advise you on what to chose..but I like the clearomizer cause I can see when I am running out of juice..and refill when required...the carts not so much.

Not much out there on this one, although it's being sold here:

Vapeonly CE5-S BDC Glassomizer - Viper Vape Inc

There are a couple of reviews listed. I only see them on the viper-vape site when I Google.

If you aren't happy I would stop by the B&M and get this problem taken care of.

Hey there flames,
    Ran across this:
    https://www.canvape.com/product-p/voasp1.8sd.htm

What kind of battery are you using?
    Not 100% sure, but the duals may want more voltage to fire both coils properly.
    If you have a VV battery, you may want to up the voltage, that may help.

"Dual coil cartomizers seem to be all the rage lately but there is some confusion on how they actually work.

A dual coil carto consists of two coils of the same resistance. They are wired in parallel so the total resistance is half the resistance of either coil.
    For example:
    The total resistance of the 1.5ohm dual coil is 1.5ohms, but the resistance of either coil it contains is 3ohms. Both coils are actually 3.0ohms individually, together they are not 6.0, they are 1.5ohms

A 1.5ohm carto at 3.7V would be drawing 3.7/1.5=2.47 amps. But the single coil is burning at 3.7^2 / 1.5 = 9.13 Watts, while each coil of a dual coil 1.5ohm carto is burning at (3.7^2/1.5) / 2 = 4.57 watts. You are spliting the power between the two coils.
    Although you can certainly get away with it, a 3.7v device is not ideal for a DC cartoi, you should use a 4.5v or better."

Not sure if this helps. Might explain the battery usage.
    If you are happy with the T3s or the Evod BCC,

I would stick with those.
    DKP# likes this.

Vape 'em if ya got 'em.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Try turning your battery voltage up.
    Dual coils generally take a higher voltage to work well because each coil is twice the resistance of the clearo resistance.
    A 2 ohm dual coil has 2 coils at 4 ohms. Higher ohm coils need a higher voltage.

Large Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hey, fellow Raleighite! (Yeah, I know my location says Cary...don't judge me. )

The "CE5-s" annotation is actually very important, as that is what tells what head it is using. It's the same head that goes in the Aspire BDC tanks. I was able to find reviews on the Vapeonly BDC CE5-s that you have, but they were in German, Spanish, or French. Luckily, I speak French, so I watched that review, and in that review, the lady compared it to an EVOD, which is similar to your old Kanger T3s. The BDC works in much the same way that the T3s works as far as filling and basic design. The difference is in the head itself. The coils are not exposed to the juice directly, like the T3s, but rather it operates like a punched carto would in a tank. The coil is encased in a tube that has 2 holes that allow the juice to flow in. Of course, there is also the fact that there are 2 coils. Also, the BDC CE5-s also has a removable drip tip that can be replaced with any standard drip tip of your choosing, which is kinda nice.

Here is a review by pbusardo of the Aspire BDC, which is a just a CE5-s, but in a larger tank format. He does an in-depth tear down of the head assembly, so that should give you a better idea of what it looks like on the inside and how it works.

Last edited by spaceballsrules; 11-23-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Not sure how to start thread... want to buy new mod any
    ideas

Large Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4peace View Post
    Not sure how to start thread... want to buy new mod any
    ideas
    Welcome to ECF. Look at the top of the page when you are in the New Members subforum. There is a big blue button on the left of the page under the ECF banner that says "+POST NEW THREAD." Click on that and post away.

The battery usage was just because I forgot to charge and I've lived in Cary so no judgement passed! Well I was happy with my tanks but I wanted those clouds the guys who hang out in the vapor store are always having and with the evod I can get some thickness but nothing near their clouds so that's what I was hoping this would get me too! What is a drip tip?

spaceballsrules likes this.

Have heard that the "clouds" come with a higher VG ratio,
    or a mech mod and a rba.
    The drip tip is a attachment to the clearo or atomo. Replaces the mouth piece....
    Drip Tips attach to an atomizer replacing the cartridge.
    The center is hollow allowing you to drip liquid directly into the atomizer without taking off the drip tip.
    spaceballsrules likes this.

Vape 'em if ya got 'em.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast