Provari vs itaste vv 3.0 vs MVP 2.0 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Provari vs itaste vv 3.0 vs MVP 2.0

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A have all 3, and really like them all, they all have a place in my rotation!
    jwag1973 likes this.

Zenesis Cobalt & MFA, Provari's W/ZAP
    Lava Tanks, Unique Tanks & Bedazzled Glass Tubes

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    PBusardo has put both the iTaste VV 3.0 and the MVP on the oscelloscope to measure their PWM cycles.

PBusardo iTaste VV 3.0 Review @ 26 minute mark.

PBusardo iTaste MVP 2.0 Review @ 13 minute mark.
    I've seen both of his reviews and his scope. But I assumed this is only on a fully charged unit. It was only on the Provari where he constantly showed the unit putting out consistent voltage irregardless of discharge state, which is what I am interested in.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Yes ... a Provari is a good PV, and worth what they cost. No ... the Provari is not the only show in town. Just remember that YOU are the only person that your PV has to satisfy.

Some mentioned the Kick as being just as good. Matter of fact I've been using one this morning instead of my Provari.
    BUT
    Silver Bullet = $85
    Kick sleeve = $25
    Kick = $45

Provari = $159
    Baditude and jwag1973 like this.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

PV Exporer/Juice Saucier Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Or you can go:

Nemesis clone:= $45-$54 comes with kick ring and is kickable in 18650 mode
    Kick 2: =$38 on sale while supply lasts with Gotsmok coupon code
    Total: $83-$92
    P.S.: the cat bites!
    Spot, I am not a Tree!!

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

OP asking a specific question-

"Has anyone put a itaste vv 3.0 or MVP 2.0 on the scope and monitored it's output over the discharge cycle?

If these batteries do "sag" during the discharge cycle, then the voltage regulation alone appears to put the Provari in a league of it's own."

Senior Member Verified Member

I own an MVP 2 and it's great when the battery lasts. There are quite a few posts about the fact that MVP puts out nearly identical voltages as the provari, but without the benefit of the same output voltage through the life of the battery. The provari uses an 800hz signal and the MVP does not use the cheaper 33hz signal that most other mods use. The provari is also on my wish list but am holding out a little bit until the sale that is supposedly happening later this year?

pbasardo does put these on a scope so those links above should provide the exact answer you are looking for.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Caridwen View Post
    OP asking a specific question-

"Has anyone put a itaste vv 3.0 or MVP 2.0 on the scope and monitored it's output over the discharge cycle?

If these batteries do "sag" during the discharge cycle, then the voltage regulation alone appears to put the Provari in a league of it's own."
    The answer to that is to look at the "output signal" in Phil's review. You will notice that they are not the 33.3hz PWM chip set that is so notorious for voltage sag. They both are using a different chip set that should not sag as badly. However that does not mean that they won't sag at all. So ... better, but still not the best.
    Last edited by tj99959; 11-25-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

Super Member ECF Veteran PeteC2's Avatar

As all three of these really are ideal for different reasons, I am not speaking form a "better or worse" aspect.

The iTaste 3.0 simply is too small a battery to effectively hold its output despite the circuitry designed to do so and you may indeed notice a small (not major) drop off as the battery depletes.

The Provari's well-deserved claim to fame is that it simply is built to a very high standard, which to an extent justifies the lofty price tag. It is not really an up to date device in terms of features, but for many the great build quality alone is worth the price.

The MVP 2 may be a great choice as it matches the iTaste 3.0 features, but with a 2600mah battery, keeps a more constant "hit" throughout its run time.

I have and use both the iTaste 3.0 as well as the MVP 2, and they are both great devices. The iTaste 3.0 is simply a more "carryable" device for me, but the MVP 2 I prefer for its great all-day plus run time.

Don't have a Provari, but have used one and they are indeed nicely crafted mods!
    _Lee likes this.

Here we go. Buckle up boys.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Are the provari's battery hogs? How long will a 18650 2000 mah AW battery last?

Also does anyone know where you can just purchase the MVP 2 only without the IClear in the US?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast