Coil Question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Coil Question

Default Coil Question

When should I change out the coils? I got an EVOD starter set with 5 extra coils and was wondering when do you know it is time to change out the coils? I have only put maybe 3 ml of the same flavor thru each of the EVOD tanks and about to switch to another flavor.

Blog Entries

Ah well..when does it taste awful? Thats subjective.

Heads/coils can last a bit if you dont have super sweet juices, apparently. Or if you dont take massive chain vapes all day. I do both lol.

So, my stock Kanger heads got really nasty fast, and I found some videos about how to make my own coils/put in wicks. The result? Way better vapes.

And less burnt sweatsock taste. EwwwWww.
    I dont know it all, or pretend to..Take the time to ask good questions. Also: I liek peas

Senior Member ECF Veteran Grateful4jerry's Avatar

Changing flavors can be a good time to change coils. And then clean and reuse the head you took off. Regular cleanings will prolong the life of your head/coil
    Last edited by Grateful4jerry; 12-02-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

i used to use those things for couple days.....you can take it apart and clean the wick and coil off in running water then let dry and vape away again........

"
    Death is only one mistake away"
    -Any Bomb Tech

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Typically coils are good for 1-3 weeks depends on your use. I say when the taste gets different from what your use too. Also recommend cleaning your tank once a week by soaking in hot water for 5-10 min and let dry. Clean on then next day clean other so your not without a tank.

I just dump my juice in my tank back into the same bottle, then fill with new juice. Within 2-3 hits the new juice will take over if they are strong flavor juices. Mix and match similar flavors, so no off flavors. I mostly do fruits and found some good combos with going about thus way.
    MoralFibre likes this.

In my experience the time depends on voltage or wattage used, if you chain vape, darkness of juice, taste, etc. There are so many variables it all comes down to your personal preferences.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yeah rebuilt heads with micro-coil and cotton much better than factory
    MoralFibre likes this.

Thanks for all the info... I have only had this for 1-2 weeks and only had 2 bottles of juice (ice extreme and apple) that are both pretty weak (local shop wasn't that great... just ordered 4 different 5ml bottles from vapedojo and will see how that goes). So the general consensus is to just clean the coils pretty well and once it starts to taste funky, time to change...

Any link to the rebuilt heads that fit the kanger EVOD? I really am enjoying the EVOD tho, def recommend it to anyone new (like I am) because it is pretty fool proof.

Super Member ECF Veteran sky4it's Avatar

yah know you get the coil from the vaper man, some they aint no good, yeah uh huh ive even had some from the vaper man right out of the box they dont work, no no they dont. some time you wind one it work great, some time not so much, it depend on the coil, it depend, but when the taste is bad, or you burning the grommet, you got to pay the vaper man, or make you own coil, thats right you do

Senior Member ECF Veteran Grateful4jerry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numus View Post
    Thanks for all the info... I have only had this for 1-2 weeks and only had 2 bottles of juice (ice extreme and apple) that are both pretty weak (local shop wasn't that great... just ordered 4 different 5ml bottles from vapedojo and will see how that goes). So the general consensus is to just clean the coils pretty well and once it starts to taste funky, time to change...

Any link to the rebuilt heads that fit the kanger EVOD? I really am enjoying the EVOD tho, def recommend it to anyone new (like I am) because it is pretty fool proof.
    Don't have a link but there are tutorials here on ecf and a bunch of youtube vids. Look up evod/protank, they are same process for both

I may have misunderstood, you would have to rebuild the heads yourself
    Last edited by Grateful4jerry; 12-02-2013 at 03:23 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast