Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Newbie intro

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cxm322 View Post
    Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know where I am coming from. I got into ecigs for the reasons many other probably do...to replace analogs. I don't see myself, nor is it my goal, to ever get into being an avid, recreational vaper, like using the larger mods and stuff. I like the thought of replacing an analog with a cigalike, but the larger mods, to me, are too hardcore and more than I wish to get into. To me, cigalikes are like drinking beer from a bottle or glass whereas a large vaping mod is more like using a beer ..... Know what I mean? Not really my thing.

But as I said, it's really tough for me. I hope to keep active here and learn more about ecigs and maybe eventually I will find a model that will satisfy my vapor production and size/weight requirements which will allow me to replace analogs completely. However, I dropped some good change on my SI Volts and so I would like to give them another fair shot before I spend money on something else.

Anyway, that's where I stand now and I'm glad to be here.
    Hi, and welcome (back?) to ECF.

As for a small cig-a-like that is not too heavy, but vapes well, there are a couple of products that get rave reviews, BUT, there are trade offs with them. The 2 biggest that I keep seeing are the G2s and the eRoll. I, personally, am considering the eRoll for use while riding my motorcycle. They are SUPPOSED to be exceptional and VERY light weight, like a traditional cigarette. The trade offs are miserable battery life, and very small juice tank. For me, I think I can live with these trade offs, but not everyone can. As always though ... YMMV!

Oh, and FYI ... use of words like b.o.n.g. might draw a moderators attention and get the thread deleted. These types of words/phrases are associated with topics that ECF does NOT want to be associated with. I have seen entire threads get aggressively removed because of one word ...

HTH!

Full Member Verified Member Kathibg57's Avatar

Default Hi! I'm a newbie too with some info, lots of confusion!

Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know where I am coming from.
    Hi,
    I'm new here too and am vaping on an Innokin iTaste vv 3.0. I find I use the 3.9 setting first thing in the morning and when I haven't been able to gape in a while but turn it down to 3.7 when I find I am vaping non stop. I was a 1 1/2-2 pack/day smoker of Camel Crush Menthol (and I always did the 'crush' for increased menthol hit). I am using jVapes Minthol 24 mg nicotine and LOVING it! Great vapor, great throat hit, great taste...super satisfactory! I find that on a heavy vape day I may refill (only 2/3 way or it overfills) my tank 2 and sometimes 3 times a day! My hopes are to be able to begin to reduce the nicotine levels soon (when I am either down toward the end of my new 120 ml bottle of juice or by adding some pharmacy acquired glycerin to dilute it some). One of my concerns is that I tried a 100% vg menthol and felt it was too thick and the draw was harder...the jVapes is a 50/50 VG/PG juice...does anyone know if diluting might cause it to become a harder draw? Or...is there a setting other than the voltage I need to change? The store I bought it from set the other setting (watts?) at 8.0 and I haven't changed it cuz I don't know what it changes...Sooo...does anyone know anything that can help any of my areas of confusion?
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by devauto View Post
    Oh, and FYI ... use of words like b.o.n.g. might draw a moderators attention and get the thread deleted. These types of words/phrases are associated with topics that ECF does NOT want to be associated with. I have seen entire threads get aggressively removed because of one word ...
    I thought of that when I was writing it, but I decided to use it anyhow becasue I used the word "beer" with it and not the "other" thing. lol.

BTW, I have been looking into the eRoll myself, but I have invested too much money in the Smoeless Image volt so right now I will have to give that a shot before i sped more money on just another cigalike. The one thing that draws me to the eRoll is the small PCC. SI does not offer a small PCC like this. IMHO, with a small PCC like the one the eRoll has, it would be less of a hassle to carry around and less of a problem that the batts don't last as long. But like I said, I have to give the Volt some more time before I give up on it.
    Last edited by cxm322; 12-06-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathibg57 View Post
    My hopes are to be able to begin to reduce the nicotine levels soon (when I am either down toward the end of my new 120 ml bottle of juice or by adding some pharmacy acquired glycerin to dilute it some). One of my concerns is that I tried a 100% vg menthol and felt it was too thick and the draw was harder...the jVapes is a 50/50 VG/PG juice...does anyone know if diluting might cause it to become a harder draw? Or...is there a setting other than the voltage I need to change? The store I bought it from set the other setting (watts?) at 8.0 and I haven't changed it cuz I don't know what it changes...Sooo...does anyone know anything that can help any of my areas of confusion?
    Your best bet is to ask your question on your own thread dedicated to your specific question. What you are doing when you post unrelated questions to other peopl's threads is "thread hijacking". WHne you engage in thread hijacking...

1. You decrease your chances of an answer becasue the right people are not reading your question.
    2. You decrease your chances of an answer because others do not like thread hijacking because so they may just ignore you...
    3. Thread hijacking is bad forum ettiquette and looked upon as rude...because...
    4. Thread hijacking makes for an unproductive and badly organized forum which can make it hard to search for info as well as hard to address the issues of the OP. This thread doesn't matter so much because it's just a dumb "intro" thread, but it kinda still does matter, at least for you it does.

I mean no offense here, just helping you out.

Blog Entries

BTW, i can say one thing about my Volt. Just got it out and juiced it up with some Mint 1.8 SI juice and the thing really "smokes". I can blow MUCH thicker rings with the vapor from this thing than I can from my full flavored analogs.
    Sounds like what you have works for you! That's what matter the most. Ween yourself off the analogs. You'll thank yourself for it.

PV Master Verified Member Mark Anthony's Avatar

Hello and welcome.... Good luck on your journey to quit the analogs.

Super Member Verified Member burtonsnowww's Avatar

Welcome to ECF! what part of PA are you from?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Welcome Newbie! Best of luck!

I am new to here also ... Am opening a Vape shop in mocksville nc .. In about a month ... Celtic Vapes LLC on facebook look me up ... Would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone from winston nc area on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast