First mech mod and dripper
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: First mech mod and dripper

Default First mech mod and dripper

I want to try a mech mod with a dripper and a friend of mine said to get the astro mech mod and a trident dripper from fast tech. Is that a good choice? I dont know if I will like the bottom or pinky button though.. Any suggestions for a regular or side button? Obviously Im still kinda new to this but she is going to teach me how to build coils and wick. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Nu2Dis and Glenn_K like this.

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

yea that should be a decent combo, on FT the astro is getting pretty good reviews.
    and the trident set up right will cloud out the room lol.

so far there's not too many side button clones with the same efficiency of the bottom button clones. even though bottom button takes some getting used to it is usually more powerful and you can the battery to run longer.

have fun and let us know how it goes.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Thanks for the fast response. And confirming what my friend said.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Astro look nice IMO, and trident can setup easy both single and dual coils. Like Thrasher said I find that bottom button seem to perform better than side button, you will get to used to it cause it weird firing action in the first time.

Grand Vizier of Vape Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    yea that should be a decent combo, on FT the astro is getting pretty good reviews.
    and the trident set up right will cloud out the room lol.

so far there's not too many side button clones with the same efficiency of the bottom button clones. even though bottom button takes some getting used to it is usually more powerful and you can the battery to run longer.

have fun and let us know how it goes.
    Greetings; Why would a side button mod tend to be less powerful, is it something to do w/ greater voltage drop?

VapinLisa, good luck w/ your astro. I got my first mech mod a week ago, and it's all I use now.

Regards
    Glenn

Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_K View Post
    Greetings; Why would a side button mod tend to be less powerful, is it something to do w/ greater voltage drop?

VapinLisa, good luck w/ your astro. I got my first mech mod a week ago, and it's all I use now.

Regards
    Glenn
    it has more to do with the quality of the design then just being a side button
    on a couple of cheaper ones i have seen there is so many "parts" in the circuit path with very little contact area. and all of this reduces overall efficiency. if they just actually made the side button clones a little better they would work fine.

to give you an example in the poldiac head there are very thick lugs, one touches the battery + and the other is the 510, when you press the button your pressing a silver rod against these two lugs completing the circuit the whole rod is like 8 mm long.

whereas in the smoketech natural the neg touches a long steel pin, when you press the button another small steel pin in the back of the button presses on this rod, then the current has to travel out the small area of the button itself where it touches the body. so many smaller contact points are all going to add resistance to the curcuit.

in a bottom button mod you press it and a thick screw touches the battery and the current then goes straight into the mod through the threads which is a lot of surface area.. really hard to screw up this circuit cheap mod or not unless something is really messed up or designed way off.
    Last edited by Thrasher; 12-07-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Grand Vizier of Vape Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    it has more to do with the quality of the design then just being a side button
    on a couple of cheaper ones i have seen there is so many "parts" in the circuit path with very little contact area. and all of this reduces overall efficiency. if they just actually made the side button clones a little better they would work fine....
    Greetings Thrasher; Thanks for the reply...so maybe this is not such an issue when it comes to high end mech mods?

I'm thinking about getting myself a decent mech mod for Christmas, and I really like some of the side button designs.

Regards
    Glenn

Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff

As long as you don't purchase a battery from Fasttech it will be a great vape. I've had too many battery fails from TF and do not trust them or their chargers. I'd recommend looking for batteries and a charger somewhere else.
    Current Vape: Valkyrie, Sony US18650VTC5, Hand-made wide bore drip tip (www.facebook.com/nebulousformations), Aces Vapor "Maverick" Vanilla Custard 3mg (www.acesvapor.com)

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Hands down, the best top button mechanical is the Reo ($144). Coupled with a RM2 ($43) it's a real performer.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I used to have the same concern with the button until I got mine (fasttech nemesis) now I love those buttons!
    it is easier than a side button as you don't have to find it by turning your device around each time you pick it up.

I don't have a trident but by the reviews it's supposed to be a really good RDA
    I have IGOs W and L a nimbus and a immortalizer and all work really good as long as you do your coils right

this is Mexican pesos not dollars! | last cigarette february 28 2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast