Astro clone and Trident Clone..From FT...First mech mod and dripper - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Astro clone and Trident Clone..From FT...First mech mod and dripper

i have seen at least 3 trident clones from ft have its post split in half shortly after use.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by andy105 View Post
    i have seen at least 3 trident clones from ft have its post split in half shortly after use.
    Not sure what you mean by split in half. They are split in half when they are new. That's how they are made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by andy105 View Post
    As DrillRX said they are designed with the split posts. That slot is what you put the wire into. IMO it's a great way to do it.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grateful4jerry View Post
    Yea, thats what I was trying to say, you phrased it better though. Unfortunately that is how I do it. Thanks though! Wanna trade
    Well, that sucks! I had a look at mine and I see what you mean - there are not a lot of threads left to 'interlock' after screwing them together. A thin washer between the mod and atty would fix that and now that I know about this I might just do that too for protection when I drop them. I suppose you could also contact FT and see if they will exchange them for you.

Full Member Verified Member

Been using trident clone, it is the best of my other dripping atomizer that I finally bought an original one.

Quote Originally Posted by DrillRX View Post
    Not sure how you would strain the threads any more than usual. Unless you are doing some serious sucking on that thing or using it for a pry bar.
    Feel free to test yourself, when you leave a protank a bit loose for airflow it is wobbly. I'm not saying it will but it can damage the threads of either one, atty or mod. And I don't like my gear wobbly anyway.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by g0nadz View Post
    Feel free to test yourself, when you leave a protank a bit loose for airflow it is wobbly. I'm not saying it will but it can damage the threads of either one, atty or mod. And I don't like my gear wobbly anyway.
    Not wobbly at all. You tighten up the telescope against it. It doesn't move at all. That's how I run mine all the time. Trust me. It doesn't move.

Like I said before. THATS HOW I DO IT AND IT WORKS GREAT. JUST AS TIGHT AS WHEN ITS ALL THE WAY FLUSH WITH THE BODY. The battery pushes the center post up against the atty terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full Member Verified Member

The Trident clone is a steal for 16$. I have two of them and both work flawlessly. The quality of the thread is a lottery but the original one cones with the same issue.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

so, i got bored and remembered this thread...i know it wasnt requested for but i got some pics of my trident on my astro in 350 mode. (both are clones, btw)

smallest mod i own. its my on-the-go/work setup.
    Photo on 12-9-13 at 7.22 PM.jpg

sitting in my palm for size reference...
    Photo on 12-9-13 at 7.20 PM #2.jpg

and i proved myself wrong after making a statement that the launcher gave the astro a run for its money, what i failed to realize when i made that statement was that my astro was currently in 18500 mode when i glanced at them. hahaha. anyway, heres a side-by-side.
    Photo on 12-9-13 at 7.21 PM.jpg
    DrillRX likes this.

Is that a muffler style drip tip on the trident?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast