Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Astro clone and Trident Clone..From FT...First mech mod and dripper

Default Astro clone and Trident Clone..From FT...First mech mod and dripper

HI. My friend told me to pick ip the astro clone and trident vlone from FT gor my first mech mod and rebuildable dripper.. Is this a good setup? I was thinking the gold trident clone with the astro clone. Will this be good for masdive clouds? She is going to teach me how to do the coils and wick (sub ohm). Let me know what you think... Thanks...

2. Advertisement

**massive**

4. Advertisement

I have the Astro, can't say anything bad about the clone except that it won't take anything that needs it's airflow through the bottom. The original has echings in the top for airflow, the clone does not. If you plan to use a dripper then it's ok. A ViVi, Protank or iClear30 is a no-go. Unless you do some dremel work or get an ariflow ring.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VapinLisa0716 View Post
    HI. My friend told me to pick ip the astro clone and trident vlone from FT gor my first mech mod and rebuildable dripper.. Is this a good setup? I was thinking the gold trident clone with the astro clone. Will this be good for masdive clouds? She is going to teach me how to do the coils and wick (sub ohm). Let me know what you think... Thanks...
    Astro clone is my everyday mod at the moment and I love it. Shouldn't have any airflow problems if your going to drip. Not sure about the trident, but any three post dripper should do. The bottom button and spring are actually better on the Astro clone than on the real Astro.

Yeah, sorry. Forgot to say that it won't have any issues with a dripper

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by g0nadz View Post
    I have the Astro, can't say anything bad about the clone except that it won't take anything that needs it's airflow through the bottom. The original has echings in the top for airflow, the clone does not. If you plan to use a dripper then it's ok. A ViVi, Protank or iClear30 is a no-go. Unless you do some dremel work or get an ariflow ring.

If you unscrew the tank until there's a small gap and then snug up the telescope a bit, the tank will sit tight and you will have airflow without a controller. I run a protank on mine occasionally and that's how I do it. For a dripper you can tighten the drip atty all the way down until it's flush and then snug up the battery for a seamless fit.

Quote Originally Posted by DrillRX View Post
    If you unscrew the tank until there's a small gap and then snug up the telescope a bit, the tank will sit tight and you will have airflow without a controller. I run a protank on mine occasionally and that's how I do it. For a dripper you can tighten the drip atty all the way down until it's flush and then snug up the battery for a seamless fit.
    Yes, but you don't have it sitting flush and it will put a strain on the threads.

ECF Veteran

That's great choice. I have Trident clone too but most of my drip tip don't fit, don't know yours have the same problem? great dripper btw. Also please keep in mind that you must use high amp rate if you going to build sub ohm coils, and learn all safety aspect about it.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by g0nadz View Post
    Yes, but you don't have it sitting flush and it will put a strain on the threads.

Not sure how you would strain the threads any more than usual. Unless you are doing some serious sucking on that thing or using it for a pry bar.
    Jawden likes this.

I use that same setup often, gold trident looks good with the astro clone. Two 2ohm nano coils for a 1ohm reading. Its great!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast