Noob -- My Evod kit came with 2.5 ohm coils -- what does this mean? What difference do ohms make?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Noob -- My Evod kit came with 2.5 ohm coils -- what does this mean? What difference do ohms make?

  1. #1
    Full Member Leslie in Raleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    42

    Default Noob -- My Evod kit came with 2.5 ohm coils -- what does this mean? What difference do ohms make?

    The Evod is a non-variable kit with a 650mah battery...

    Any info is appreciated!

  2. #2
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Pinggolfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    I guessing you purchased the Evod battery and Evod clearomizer. The 2.5 ohm is the resistance of the coil inside the Evod. Kanger usually always ships their clearomizers with 2.5 ohm coils.


    Proudly Made in the USA


  3. #3
    Full Member Leslie in Raleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer12 View Post
    I guessing you purchased the Evod battery and Evod clearomizer. The 2.5 ohm is the resistance of the coil inside the Evod. Kanger usually always ships their clearomizers with 2.5 ohm coils.
    Yes - that's right -- but I've noticed that replacement coils are available in different ohms -- is there a difference in your vaping experience with different ohms?

  4. #4
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Pinggolfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie in Raleigh View Post
    Yes - that's right -- but I've noticed that replacement coils are available in different ohms -- is there a difference in your vaping experience with different ohms?
    The battery you have puts out 3.7 volts so I would stick with the 2.5 ohm coils if you are getting a good taste from the juice. The least i would go with your Evod battery are the 2.2 ohm coils. I hope you have extra coils and a extra battery as the 650 mah battery will last about 4-6 hours of average vaping. Good luck. You have a great starter kit.


    Proudly Made in the USA


  5. #5
    Full Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Camden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer12 View Post
    I guessing you purchased the Evod battery and Evod clearomizer. The 2.5 ohm is the resistance of the coil inside the Evod. Kanger usually always ships their clearomizers with 2.5 ohm coils.
    I'd say that's unusual in that I've seen the opposite.... almost every one I've ever seen (both individual carts and in kits) have come with 1.8 as the standard. Weird O:

  6. #6
    Large Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    spaceballsrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    2,667

    Default

    The lower the resistance of the coil, the warmer the coil gets. Some prefer warmer vapes. Also, different coil temps leads to different flavor perception. That's why variable voltage is so wildly popular. It allows the vaper to fine tune their vaping experience. It's all about Ohm's Law with vaping. Ohm's Law Calculator


  7. #7
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Pinggolfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Camden View Post
    I'd say that's unusual in that I've seen the opposite.... almost every one I've ever seen (both individual carts and in kits) have come with 1.8 as the standard. Weird O:
    I have 3 PT-2 Mini's and 1 Protank 2 and they all came packaged with two 2.5 ohm coils along with 2 O Rings.


    Proudly Made in the USA


  8. #8
    Full Member Leslie in Raleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer12 View Post
    The battery you have puts out 3.7 volts so I would stick with the 2.5 ohm coils if you are getting a good taste from the juice. The least i would go with your Evod battery are the 2.2 ohm coils. I hope you have extra coils and a extra battery as the 650 mah battery will last about 4-6 hours of average vaping. Good luck. You have a great starter kit.
    Thanks Speed:

    I got 2 batteries and 5 replacement coils with the kit -- and also got 5 additional coils. The problems I'm having is that I'm not getting good flavor, but getting good vapor. I'm new to this, so I don't know if it's the juice or the unit...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Hi I am a new member and I have a Kanger EVOD from Sweet-Vapes.com and I believe the battery is a magenta 1000 mah battery the largest they had and I bought a matching EVOD magenta claeomizer that you can see a slit through the cnert when you fill it from the bottom and then put it back on so you can see where your liquid level is at. It has a clear tip and matches the battery color.

    The issue I am having is I believe it came with a 2.5 ohms and I know nothing about ohms. I am constantly getting a treally hard pull and very little draw and if I put it on bigger battery like a Vamo 5 just to see if I get the battery resistance higher will the battery out put help but it just burns it no matter how low I go even 3.0 on any MOD device besides that one. What ohms can I use to fix this issue so I can use the Kanger EVOD set 1000 MAH? Anything you can do to help would mean the world to me.

  10. #10
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    28

    Default

    This helps alot! i was wondering why if i went past a voltage it just tasted burnt. Does the resistance have anything to do with the amount of vapor it puts out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks