Innokin MVP2 question??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Innokin MVP2 question??

Super Member DavidAmonettNashville's Avatar

Lightbulb Innokin MVP2 question??

I've had the MVP2 for a few weeks now and it has really been an impressive and eye opening Mod to own. Which brings me to my Question: How much further, performance wise, can I go as far as vaping on moderate (1.8-2.8) ohm devices? I saw a thread called pictures of your setup Pictures of your setup and I was blown away by the beauty of most of the Mods....Golden tridents and silver russians WOW(x2)!!!! But performance wise will those gorgeous Mods power my Vivi Nova any better than my MVP2 ? I wouldn't think so but .... I think it may be a "Swag" , "Bling" , "Style", type thing ? Like rogers pimp cup? I've never owned a fancy Mod like the ones I was hypnotized by (not even a clone) but provided the performance is at least the same as my MVP2 I very well may purchase one...Any suggestions on a blingy mod from Fasttech that wouldn't break the bank and could keep up with the MVP ?

High Class Creeper Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Its really personal opinion - for me - my "pretty shiny" mods all collect dust and I have 3 MVP2s I haven't touched my SVD in at least a month. I dont dislike my other devices - I just find that the convenience, power and consistency are ALL there with my MVPs.

I dont use sub ohm coils so I dont NEED to use a mech and I dont have to hassle with batteries. Its durable and portable.

For me it out-performs a lot of devices by at least a hair on consistency. If I buy any additional devices - it will be my expensive shiny ones - Provari and Reo. Im focused on tanks now lol. I recently sucked it up and tried carto tanks (im such a dummy for not doing it sooner!!!) and I have my first RBA on the way (yay kayfun!)

I dont need to operate over 11 watts - and I dont use sub ohm coils so there really isnt a reason to me to get any further devices for now...

Grand Vizier of Vape Verified Member
    Supporting Member

One of the big draws when it comes to mods is the use of rebuildable atomizers. Some vapors (vapists? people who vape?) build coils at a very low oHm setting -- your MVP won't fire any coil below something like 1.2 or 1.3 oHms -- as a way of producing more vapor (sub-oHm vaping).

I won't mention this topic in the newcomers forum without talking about the battery safety threads available on ECF. Sub oHm vaping can easily push mod batteries beyond their safety limits, and the results can be pretty awful:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...es-part-i.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...s-part-ii.html

I'm sure other people far more knowledgeable than me will add comments about how rebuildables, and especially sub-oHm vaping, are not recommended for beginners.

FWIW, though I've got a couple rebuildable atomizers in the mail, I've been happily using my mech mod with a clearomizer (a Davide), and I find that this combo gives me my most enjoyable vape. I've got a regulated mod with VV and VW features, but I prefer the vape I get with my mech mod.

Welcome to the forum btw.

-- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAmonettNashville View Post
    I've had the MVP2 for a few weeks now and it has really been an impressive and eye opening Mod to own. Which brings me to my Question: How much further, performance wise, can I go as far as vaping on moderate (1.8-2.8) ohm devices? I saw a thread called pictures of your setup Pictures of your setup and I was blown away by the beauty of most of the Mods....Golden tridents and silver russians WOW(x2)!!!! But performance wise will those gorgeous Mods power my Vivi Nova any better than my MVP2 ? I wouldn't think so but .... I think it may be a "Swag" , "Bling" , "Style", type thing ? Like rogers pimp cup? I've never owned a fancy Mod like the ones I was hypnotized by (not even a clone) but provided the performance is at least the same as my MVP2 I very well may purchase one...Any suggestions on a blingy mod from Fasttech that wouldn't break the bank and could keep up with the MVP ?

Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff

Super Member Verified Member Decimate's Avatar

Get your mvp covered in rhinestones and bam! Blinged out!

Super Member DavidAmonettNashville's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyLady View Post

I recently sucked it up and tried carto tanks (im such a dummy for not doing it sooner!!!) ...
    I've never used one either....What am I missing compared to my Vivi Nova dual coil ??

I have an MVP2 (came in the mail today - yay!!) and really, it's unbeatable for the price - I'm running a Kanger PT2 on it at the moment whilst I save up for a KFL+

As to whether the shiny bling mods will get you anything more - yes - the DNA 20 devices and the ProVari provide rock-solid voltage/wattage settings that the MVP just can't match (and honestly, doesn't have to) - also the ProVari goes to 6 volts and the DNAs to 20 watts so they've got the MVP beat on power.

In short, use it, enjoy it - get the best topper you can for it and start mixing your own e-liquids and when you've saved enough money to get a DNA or ProVari then treat yourself - but don't feel you're missing out because you're really not

High Class Creeper Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAmonettNashville View Post
    I've never used one either....What am I missing compared to my Vivi Nova dual coil ??
    It has super clean thick lovely vapor. Taste is great and once the carto is primed no fiddling and no juice in my mouth LOL. Also mine hold 5ml - which means not refilling often, so for me, its a win on all levels of vapor, taste and performance

Oh, and I forgot to mention *everyone* has a ProVari or a DNA 20 if you're looking for something a little more unusual when you get around to buying a 'pimped out' mod, the Svoemesto Semovar isn't quite so common (yet equally revered)

P.S. They're supposed to be making a mech mod kit for it too!

Great info here I purchased my MVP today and now am in search of the best tank for it.
    MissKitty47 likes this.

just common riff raff Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by poorboy1964 View Post
    Great info here I purchased my MVP today and now am in search of the best tank for it.
    Kanger has a new dual coil tank with air flow control called the Aerotank

vape dojo has it in stock now for about $20

brand new so no reviews out on it yet that I know of
    poorboy1964 likes this.

Why yes, yes I am a flavor floozie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast