Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Question regarding Innokin MVP 2.0

Thank you everyone for all of your help & I look forward to being a member of this forum. Any suggestions on any very sweet quality juices?

Default Dry Burn?

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    Yes, and Yes.....You are using a dual coil atty which is the same as using two CE5's simultaneously. You are sucking twice as much juice into twice as many heads....

The second thing is you are most likely hitting the Iclear "hotter" than you would on the eGo 650....Thus more watts to the coil, vaporizes the juice faster.

If you are looking for a good single head clearo, you can't go wrong with the Mini Protank 2. Glueless construction, easy to clean, disassemble, and dry, inexpensive replacement heads, pyrex tank, so you can use any e-juice, AND the heads are super easy to rewick and easy to recoil (unless you have eyes like mine). So you can make a head last several months with simply periodically dry burning the coil and replacing the 1mm flavor wicks.
    Thank you so much for your advice & I was also wondering if you could explain to me how it is that you go about dry burning the coil? I am fairly new to this so I really don't have much knowledge.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by j.allen028 View Post
    Thank you so much for your advice & I was also wondering if you could explain to me how it is that you go about dry burning the coil? I am fairly new to this so I really don't have much knowledge.
    There's many videos on you tube regarding rebuilding and recoiling heads. But bottom line is take unscrew the base from the tank, remove the head, Take off the rubber "cup". Use some needle nose pliers, or simply wiggle with your fingers the "chimney" or post from the top of the head. Remove the wicking material on top so you can see the coil.

Install the head back onto the base with the exposed coil and put the base on your battery. Fire the battery and gently blow on the coil for 3 to 5 seconds (I usually fire at about 3.7 volts for 2.5 omh coils). Wait a couple of seconds for the coil to cool and then fire again for 3 to 5 seconds. Repeat this until you see the coil "glowing red". This means you have burnt off all the muck from the coil.

Put new 1mm silica (2 or 3 pieces) back as your flavor wick, or use cotton like others have mentioned. Put the post back on the head and press until it fully seats. Put the silicon back on the head and you are good to go.
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a piece of metal with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

Default Resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by j.allen028 View Post
    On the Protank mini 2 which resistance should I buy 1.8 ohm or higher? I really don't understand what the difference is in the different ohms

On the Protank mini 2 which resistance should I buy The 1.8 ohms or higher? I don't really understand the difference in the different ohms on a variable wattage device

Senior Member Verified Member DigitalVI's Avatar

One of the best things about a variable wattage device like the MVP is you can use a variety of ohms. Once you put your topper on start at the lowest wattage then slowly increase until you get the type taste you are looking for. Once your wattage is set if you change toppers the MVP will read the ohms and automatically set the correct voltage to match your prefered wattage. I like a cooler vape and usually set it to 6 or 6.5 watts.

Also your ego ce5 clearomizer will also fit the MVP so you don't need a new topper, but I would suggest it for better flavor and the ease of changing coils, and better capacity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12