Question regarding Innokin MVP 2.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Question regarding Innokin MVP 2.0

Default Question regarding Innokin MVP 2.0

I just recieved my mod today and while reading the instruction book that came with the device I noticed that it says it has a blinking battery indicator mode but it doesnt seem to blink whatsoever. I have to push my button in in order to check my battery status. I'm wondering if it is suppose to blink while in standby or have i recieved a faulty device? Any information you can supply about this issue will be greatly appreciated

just common riff raff Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

when it gets low it will show yellow around the fire button and as it gets lower yet it will show red and then when it is fully discharged it will blink red when you press the fire button (it never fully discharges to 0 volts, the board considers 3.3 volts as fully discharged)
    DetraMental likes this.

Why yes, yes I am a flavor floozie

PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^^^^What Dakota Jim said Happy Vaping

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

Darn it Dakota Jim!!! You must type faster than me . . .

Not totally sure I understand your question. The way to check your battery life on the MVP, is to push both small buttons at the same time. The first number will be the Ohms of your attached atomizer, and the second number that pops up will be your battery life indication in volts. 4.2 will be fully charged, 3.7 will be halfway, and I think around 3.3 will mean you need to recharge. As you vape with your battery, the LED's around the fire button will also indicate your battery status. They go from green to yellow to red. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by RubyRoo; 01-07-2014 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Dakota Jim is a fast typist tonight!!!

I was referring to the instruction manual where it says led light blinking mode and assumed it meant that it would blink around the fire button every few seconds or so without having to push in on the button sort of how a cell phone will blink when you have a new text or voice message for example... although this really isn't a big issue I'd like to know if I am wrong in my assumption as the instruction manual isn't very clear on the matter.

Default One more question needing answered please

I also have another question as well...I previously was smoking ego 650 mah battery with a ce5 clearomizer and I could fill it up and the juice would last me nearly all day if not all of it and now that I've made the switch to the variable I've went thru 2 1/2 tanks in about 12 hrs... does this have to do with the tank being an iClear16 which is also dual coil or is it that my settings aren't quite right that are causing the use of this much of my juice? Which cartomizers would you suggest that I should be using to give me the longer lasting preference?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by j.allen028 View Post
    I also have another question as well...I previously was smoking ego 650 mah battery with a ce5 clearomizer and I could fill it up and the juice would last me nearly all day if not all of it and now that I've made the switch to the variable I've went thru 2 1/2 tanks in about 12 hrs... does this have to do with the tank being an iClear16 which is also dual coil or is it that my settings aren't quite right that are causing the use of this much of my juice? Which cartomizers would you suggest that I should be using to give me the longer lasting preference?
    Yes, and Yes.....You are using a dual coil atty which is the same as using two CE5's simultaneously. You are sucking twice as much juice into twice as many heads....

The second thing is you are most likely hitting the Iclear "hotter" than you would on the eGo 650....Thus more watts to the coil, vaporizes the juice faster.

If you are looking for a good single head clearo, you can't go wrong with the Mini Protank 2. Glueless construction, easy to clean, disassemble, and dry, inexpensive replacement heads, pyrex tank, so you can use any e-juice, AND the heads are super easy to rewick and easy to recoil (unless you have eyes like mine). So you can make a head last several months with simply periodically dry burning the coil and replacing the 1mm flavor wicks.
    AegisPrime likes this.
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by j.allen028 View Post
    I was referring to the instruction manual where it says led light blinking mode and assumed it meant that it would blink around the fire button every few seconds or so without having to push in on the button sort of how a cell phone will blink when you have a new text or voice message for example... although this really isn't a big issue I'd like to know if I am wrong in my assumption as the instruction manual isn't very clear on the matter.
    Innokin is a Chinese company and while I have to admit the manual is one of the best written Chinese to English manuals I have ever seen, it inherently comes down to a translation issue. The "blinking" means that the LED comes on and goes off each time you press the power button.

Both of my MVP 2.0's blink! The duration each time I vape is anywhere from 4 to 8 seconds on, then off until I vape again.
    Huckleberried likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

So, in other words, no. Your MVP light won't blink, like the text message example you gave. I've never seen mine do that. Age Against has it exactly right.
    Last cigarette July 28, 2013

The MVP 2.0 has a 10 second cut off, which means the fire button can only be engaged for 10 seconds. After engaged for 10 seconds the fire button will blink a few times. The fire button will also blink when the device is turned on, off and when a charger is plugged into it. Other than that I am unaware of any other blinking light on the MVP 2.0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast