Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By seashells
  • 3 Post By wonner
  • 1 Post By matty007
  • 3 Post By Vapoor eyes er

Thread: Gum recession

Default Gum recession

Hi,

has anyone noticed any gum recession due to heavy vaping (low nic) ?

Super Member Verified Member Jarbs's Avatar

correlation....causation....you get the picture

Super Member Verified Member seashells's Avatar

My gums have actually been getting healthier. But I think that's more due to cutting out sugar and bread than vaping.
    MD_Boater likes this.

Vaping, no matter how heavy shouldn't cause Gum Disease/recession.

Nicotine doesn't cause Gum Disease/Recession, all the other chemicals in analogs causes it.

Many of my friends who had Gum Recession/mild Gum Disease due to smoking noticed it stopped once they'd given up smoking and started vaping.

There are many things that cause Gum Recession and Disease, primarily bad oral hygiene and smoking. Vaping will not cause it because it doesn't contain the chemicals that analogs do.

Your Gums should actually be improving.

Your dentist might provide a better diagnosis than you will get here.
    Ohms. Not just a good idea. It's the law.

I had a friend who had gum problems after quitting smoking.... the dentist said smoking often covers up the issue until you quit.

Quote Originally Posted by justjennifer View Post
    I had a friend who had gum problems after quitting smoking.... the dentist said smoking often covers up the issue until you quit.
    Well my Uncle is a Dentist and I've just asked him. His reply "Absolute rubbish".

Smoking doesn't cover up problems, it only makes them worse.
    bogmonster likes this.

I saw some "pink in the sink" and got all freaked out and thought that my mouth was on it's way to looking like the Crypt Keeper due to Vaping. I discovered that there's a vast amount of discussion/opinions about this online. Not being the poster child for Dental Health Weekly, I started doing a better job of brushing, flossing and rinsing. Being overdue for a cleaning, I saw my dentist who said there's nothing wrong with the integrity of my gums so quit worrying. So what's important for me is that I'm doing a better job of taking care of my teeth, my gums look a lot better and since I started Vaping my mouth doesn't smell like an ashtray.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yogev View Post
    Hi,

has anyone noticed any gum recession due to heavy vaping (low nic) ?
    Quite the opposite. Gums and teeth are looking great...Dentist and Dental Hygienist LOVE the improvement. Realize also nicotine stimulates growth= more blood vessels= more gum regeneration/ repair.
    When I began vaping one of the first things I did was visit my Dentist and GP. Dentist was actually so interested he took a bunch of pics...didn't show them to me until I had been analog free for a year....whatta difference- teeth were bright white and gums were pink and healthy. Last time I went for a checkup he greeted me wearing a pair of sunglasses as a joke cuz as he said my teeth were sooo white LOLLLL

"In a series of experiments, the researchers found that nicotine could enhance new blood vessel growth in mice whose hind limbs were artificially starved of oxygen."
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0730075130.htm
    Last edited by Vapoor eyes er; 01-10-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    seashells, Moedog and 10x sugar like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by matty007 View Post
    Vaping, no matter how heavy shouldn't cause Gum Disease/recession.

Nicotine doesn't cause Gum Disease/Recession, all the other chemicals in analogs causes it.

Many of my friends who had Gum Recession/mild Gum Disease due to smoking noticed it stopped once they'd given up smoking and started vaping.

There are many things that cause Gum Recession and Disease, primarily bad oral hygiene and smoking. Vaping will not cause it because it doesn't contain the chemicals that analogs do.

Your Gums should actually be improving.
    Nicotine (aside from smoke) has been implicated in reducing blood flow to the gums.

And vaping will dry your mouth out, which will increase gum recession.

It's without doubt a heck of a lot better for your gums than smoking, but I seriously doubt it's harmless on that front.
    Last edited by generic mutant; 01-10-2014 at 04:25 PM.