Why ban e-cigarettes?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why ban e-cigarettes?

Default Why ban e-cigarettes?

I have noticed that some countries are starting to ban e-cigarettes. I don't get it. Is it because of the nicotine content? If so, are nicotine gums and patches banned as well? Also, can you e-smoke with zero nicotine cartridges or juice? Or is it some other reason they are getting banned?

from what i've read, it is because the government can not tax the e-liquid. I've learned alot from the Australian ban; Egar illegal thread

Full Member ECF Veteran

Probably big tobacco company's lobbying the governments.

PV Master ECF Veteran

If you want a really comprehensive overview of the problems e-smoking faces, read http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ll-cost-2.html this thread. Yes, these are being banned. For reasons. And it's not a conspiracy to cause our deaths. Examine the practice, and know that it must be made safer.

Full Member ECF Veteran Tallulah's Avatar

TropicalBob, I do hope it's made safer for all the youngin's, but couldn't they just wait till I finally kick the bucket? I've been smoking tobacco for 30 years, I'm an addicat, and I don't want to quit nicotine, dammit! Vaping is like having my cake and eating it, too! (probably another reason they'll eventually be banned)

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran SMILIN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalBob View Post
    If you want a really comprehensive overview of the problems e-smoking faces, read http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ll-cost-2.html this thread. Yes, these are being banned. For reasons. And it's not a conspiracy to cause our deaths. Examine the practice, and know that it must be made safer.
    Tadaaaa, Big Tobacco to the rescue, if enough people want these(and we all know they will)both big corps., and govt. will have to profit. They will regulate, tax, and make us safethey also will use their existing resources for all the testing, Phillip Morris, and Kraft, are 2 company's I understand that have already started. No conspiracy, jus da facts, jack....deep pockets will make the most, off the masses.

The simple truth is that the PC asshats just have to have their way and force their values upon everyone else regardless of whether it actually makes sense or not.

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I have noticed that some countries are starting to ban e-cigarettes. I don't get it. Is it because of the nicotine content?
    In Australia, yes.

If so, are nicotine gums and patches banned as well?
    No, they are registered therapeutic goods for nicotine replacement therapy, personal vapourisers have not yet passed the requirements for this, though it is rumoured that one brand has applied for registration in Australia.

Also, can you e-smoke with zero nicotine cartridges or juice? Or is it some other reason they are getting banned?
    Yes, zero nicotine cartridges and liquids are perfectly legal.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknthemonkeys View Post
    from what i've read, it is because the government can not tax the e-liquid. I've learned alot from the Australian ban; Egar illegal thread
    Actually the state governments are the ones that regulate nicotine. They do not tax tobacco sales, only the federal government does.

Yes, TB has a great list of reasons in that thread he linked to.

Off topic: Bob, I think you need a new nic. I saw someone call you "buzzkill" and cracked up. It's so easy to get caught up in all the wonderful aspects of these, but you are great at keeping it real. Like the voice we all have in our heads but don't want to listen to... well, me at least. I surely appreciate all the wisdom you've shared. I always read your posts and learn something new every time. You're a jewel on this forum that's for sure! You at least deserve a one of those little descriptions under your nic like "the informer" or "reality police" or something along those lines. Just a thought

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by riddle80 View Post
    I think you need a new nic. I saw someone call you "buzzkill" and cracked up. It's so easy to get caught up in all the wonderful aspects of these, but you are great at keeping it real. Like the voice we all have in our heads but don't want to listen to... well, me at least. I surely appreciate all the wisdom you've shared. I always read your posts and learn something new every time. You're a jewel on this forum that's for sure! You at least deserve a one of those little descriptions under your nic like "the informer" or "reality police" or something along those lines. Just a thought
    I second that sentiment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast