I don't like "Electronic-Cigarette"
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: I don't like "Electronic-Cigarette"

Default I don't like "Electronic-Cigarette"

I have many problems with the term "Electronic-Cigarette". First of all, the word Cigarette has countless negative connotations attached to it, no matter what. Calling my device a Cigarette in any way, shape or form, is insulting.

Second, these devices work in completely different ways than stinkies, the only chemical they have in common is Nicotine.

Third, I believe that most of the backlash against these devices is from the fact that they are automatically related to cigarettes to those who are uneducated about them. The fact that BT companies are making Cig-a-likes, only adds to the confusion.

I tend to refer to my device as a personal vaporizer. I feel this term is much more accurate to describe what the devices are, without association with a demonized product.

Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?
    Stosh, yzer, MikeJA and 13 others like this.

Ultra Member Completely Average's Avatar

My wife calls hers her PD because she's constantly sucking on it.

(PV = Personal Vaporizer, you figure out what the D is...)
    rd2ruin, Coldrake, Ed_C and 6 others like this.

Stray Cat Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I call mine my little friend.
    Papajohns likes this.

I had someone call it an Electronic Nicotine Delivery Device (ENDD) the other day.
    GreenDragon5 and mbloomer04 like this.

I'd have to call mine an EVDD -Vapor... since I don't always include Nicotine in the vapes.

I tend to call it a vaporizer especially when people ask me what it is. But then the next question they almost always ask is ,what's in it? or what are you vaporizing? Maybe cause I live in colorful Colorado people are quick to assume there is something in it other than nicotine liquid stuff. So then I say "it's an e-cigarette, it's just nicotine" and I see the little light turn on because now they understand what it is. yep it sucks referring to as any type of cigarette but unfortunately that's pretty much what they are known as. Even though those of us who use them know better.
    cthulhufan and GreenDragon5 like this.

I agree with you - I find myself calling it my VAPE because I gave up cigarettes and started vaping

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Papajohns View Post
    I have many problems with the term "Electronic-Cigarette". First of all, the word Cigarette has countless negative connotations attached to it, no matter what. Calling my device a Cigarette in any way, shape or form, is insulting.

Second, these devices work in completely different ways than stinkies, the only chemical they have in common is Nicotine.

Third, I believe that most of the backlash against these devices is from the fact that they are automatically related to cigarettes to those who are uneducated about them. The fact that BT companies are making Cig-a-likes, only adds to the confusion.

I tend to refer to my device as a personal vaporizer. I feel this term is much more accurate to describe what the devices are, without association with a demonized product.

Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?
    I agree however it is a strong marketing tactic to get cigarette users to try it. After all it is a "cigarette". From that point on I believe it is a negative since it associates these devices with tobacco cigarettes. This adds support to the Antis with the "Looks like a cigarette therefore it should be treated as one".

I have never been that happy with e-cigarette, e-cig, vape, PV, or APV. Maybe I could try e-analog or Shirley.

Nah, I'll stick with "the Sigelei".
    Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5. 22mm XL IBTanked. Smok single coil unpunched, no-flange 2.0Ω XL cartos. Unflavored DIY 95/5 VG/H2O 12mg nicotine with Xtreme Vaping nicotine base. Vaping since 11/19/2011. 35-year cigarette habit ended 4/22/2012.

Blog Entries

Whether we like it or not... we are and will continue to be seen as cohorts of
    of the cancer causing deadly Enemy Cigarettes as long as we say we use their analog name.
    We're not saying we vape to the general public. We're saying we use cigarettes electrically.

What a difference a simple change and a little courage would make if we just plain told the truth
    and said we are E-Vaping

Edit: By say we told... I mean change all our advertising and listing etc. ... what a difference a few wordings could and would make in such a short period of time... but, again it would take courage
    to change our image...
    Last edited by OldSeer; 01-24-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    beck5711 likes this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast