Tanks: advice, feedback, suggestions wanted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tanks: advice, feedback, suggestions wanted

Default Tanks: advice, feedback, suggestions wanted

I'm fairly new to vaping and one of the things that frustrates me is that I can't find tanks that I can just unpack and put to work. I like the large tanks and that they allow me to go longer without having to refill them. I'm currently using a protank 2 and an aero tank. Both are little princesses. You have to fill them just right and not let them get below half a tank. Which in my opinion defeats the purpose of a large tank. And even if you do every thing right, there's no guarantee it won't leak or produce dry hits. I almost want to go back to clearos, but I'm determined. There has to be a tank out there that doesn't require me to baby it to get a good vape. It's no wonder so many people build their own stuff. I wish I had the time and patience.

So my question is: what products have you had the most success with straight the box? No modding, no tinkinger. I don't want to have to rebuild an atomizer, remove "flavor wicks", or anything like that. I'm very interested in tanks that aren't bottom coil fed, but I want to know what's worked for you.

Thanks.

PV Master* Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I started over a year ago with original Vision Vivi Nova's. To this day I still have around 10 of them that perform perfectly, easy to clean, easy to change wicks in. I'd never have stayed with vaping if it hadn't been for the "Vision" brand vivi nova's. I've used the smok brand and really just didn't like the quality.
    Started vaping on 09/05/2012
    If I stumble and fall, I will get back up. I will never ever give up!

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have several iClear 30 that I'm very happy with. I recently got a iClear 30B which I'm not happy with since it's leaking out of the atty and I got a Pro Tank 3 which so far has worked out very well. But over all I've been very happy with my iClear 30's.

Full Member Verified Member

I hear ya. I've had a few minor problems with my Protank II, but my Unitank is completely obnoxious and leaks like a sieve under all but ideal conditions.

Have you tried a cartotank yet? I recently got a couple to try and now I see why so many swear by them. The only issue I've had with those is a bit of leakage from the bottom of the cart when pushing it back up into place after filling/refilling, which I assume is from the pressure change inside the tank. I just make sure to keep a paper towel underneath, and once they're back in operation, all is well. The three I've currently got have all been performing perfectly so far, and they're different brands with different cartos brands and configurations. I like 'em so much I ordered 4 more over the weekend. Maybe give one a try?
    Last edited by hootietoot; 01-28-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    itskohler and Baditude like this.

Thanks guys. No, I haven't tried a cartotank yet. But keep the suggestions coming. I'm making a list and I'm going shopping this weekend.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Oh heck I forgot all about the I clear 30's. Great little clearomizers. For someone just starting their journey I'd stay away from carto/tanks, it was a few months before I started with them. And if you do decide on a carto/tank then buy only high quality. I hear a lot of complaints from new vapors about leaking issues and hard to fill.
    These are the carto/tanks I started with over a year ago.
    IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!
    Since then I have tanks that cost anywhere from $20 usd all the way to over $100 usd. Cheap tanks = cheap quality. YMMV.
    Baditude likes this.

Super Member Verified Member itskohler's Avatar

I use the JTank and love it on a newly found 1.5ohm dual coil. Hits hard, reliable, and inexpensive.
    VW owner - Coast Guard member - Cyclist

Blog Entries

Try a IBTanked cartotank. You'll be glad you did. Better flavor and consistancy, no more dry hits or leaking issues, no maintanance.

IBTANKED PYREX CARTOTANKS - REVIEW

BADITUDE'S CARTOTANK SETUP GUIDE

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ow-em-off.html

Halfling on Spinner.jpgIBTanked-on-Spinner.jpg

Thanks again guys. I plan on trying a few different tanks. This helps a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast